SKILLS BEING MEASURED exam 70-306

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Christiaan, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Christiaan

    Christiaan Guest

    Can anyone please clarify and elaborate on the following
    topics under SKILLS BEING MEASURED
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp).

    >Incorporate existing code into a Microsoft Windows-based

    application.
    VB6 code ??

    >Ensure that the application conforms to Windows

    Installer requirements and Windows Logo Program
    requirements.
    What is meant with Windows Logo Program requirements?
    This topic is not discussed either in the MSDN or in the
    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Windows-
    based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET.

    >Launch a remote application (URL remoting).

    I have no clue what is meant with URL remoting. I tried
    searching the MSDN.

    >Select and configure authentication type. Authentication

    types include Windows Authentication, None, forms-based,
    Microsoft Passport, and custom authentication.
    Is the System.Web.Security namespace used for Microsoft
    Password and Form-based authentication? These classes are
    also not discussed in the Self-Paced Training Kit.

    Your help will be appreciated.

    Christiaan

    Christiaan, Feb 7, 2004

  2. www.codeclinic.com

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Most of the topics mentioned by the original poster are not covered there
    either
    (assuming you mean the following resource:
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-316skills.htm)

    --
    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
    X-Unity Test Studio

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Feb 9, 2004
  4. Right. Would have helped if I'd read the entire post. My bad.

    "Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]" <> wrote
    in message news:e$p%...

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Christiaan

    UAError Guest

    "Christiaan" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone please clarify and elaborate on the following
    >topics under SKILLS BEING MEASURED
    >(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp).
    >
    >>Incorporate existing code into a Microsoft Windows-based
    >>application.

    >VB6 code ??

    Most likely "Working with legacy code":
    - Instantiate and Invoke an ActiveX Control
    - Instantiate and invoke a COM and COM+ component.
    - Call native functions by using platform invoke.

    For Example:
    Microsoft .NET/COM Migration and Interoperability
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/cominterop.asp

    >>Ensure that the application conforms to Windows

    >Installer requirements and Windows Logo Program
    >requirements.
    >What is meant with Windows Logo Program requirements?
    >This topic is not discussed either in the MSDN or in the
    >MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Windows-
    >based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
    >Microsoft Visual C# .NET.

    http://www.microsoft.com/winlogo/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/partners/isvs/cfw.mspx

    Note that while currently that Training kit is today
    the top rated .NET item at amazon for programming books
    (position #66) it is usually deemed a great doorstop
    in this news-group. In case your interested, I got most
    of this info through Amit Kalani's 70-316, 70-320 books.

    >>Launch a remote application (URL remoting).

    > I have no clue what is meant with URL remoting. I tried
    >searching the MSDN.

    Think of it as an XCOPY over the web scenario.
    You place the executable on a web server
    (which doesn't have to have .NET)
    and make it accessible via a URL:
    http://www.myserver.com/MyApp.exe

    Clicking the URL will download the app and start it locally
    (i.e. the client needs .NET). For this to work the executable
    must come from a server in a a "trusted zone".

    >>Select and configure authentication type. Authentication

    >types include Windows Authentication, None, forms-based,
    >Microsoft Passport, and custom authentication.
    >Is the System.Web.Security namespace used for Microsoft
    >Password and Form-based authentication? These classes are
    >also not discussed in the Self-Paced Training Kit.

    Visual Studio Securing Applications
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/vsintro7/html/vxoriSecuringApplications.asp

    Visual Studio Windows Forms Security
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/vbcon/html/vbconwindowsformssecurity.asp

    Building Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and Secure Communication
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp

    ..NET Passport Service Guide Kit
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/passport25/start_full.asp

    UAError, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Christiaan

    UAError Guest

    >>Launch a remote application (URL remoting).
    > I have no clue what is meant with URL remoting. I tried
    >searching the MSDN.

    ah...there it is (not under URL remoting mind you)...look under

    "Using Internet Deployment to Achieve Zero Install and Zero Administration for Client Computers"
    Page 52

    in

    Deploying .NET Applications: Lifecycle Guide
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...18-7f17-4e0b-9e62-61d698bf0ee1&displaylang=en

    related:

    Death of the Browser?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnadvnet/html/vbnet10142001.asp