    Will someone please help me find the elusive "extra"?

    Thanks!

    - John R. Baker
    John R. Baker, Mar 31, 2005

  2. John R. Baker

    jils Guest

    you can't find anything on the dvd to do with i robot?
    a sizzle piece is just like a trailer, a taster, a teaser, to attract
    the buyer. comes from the saying "sell the sizzle before the sausage"

    jils, Mar 31, 2005

  3. John R. Baker

    SgtMinor Guest

    John R. Baker wrote:

    > The "Cinema Edition" DVD of "Master and Commander - The Far Side of the
    > World" (as opposed to the "Collector's Gift Set") contains very few
    > "extras". Other than the full length feature itself, the only "extras"
    > included are:
    >
    > - Day After Tomorrow - Trailer
    > - Man on Fire - Trailer
    > - I, Robot - Sizzle Piece
    >
    > Well, I watched the two trailers, but for the life of me, I cannot find the
    > "Sizzle Piece" on the DVD. I don't even know what a "Sizzle Piece" is.
    > (Google was not much help!)
    >
    > Will someone please help me find the elusive "extra"?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > - John R. Baker

    There may not be any additional "extras" or easter eggs:

    http://movieweb.com/dvd/dvd.php?024543117575

    http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3741
    SgtMinor, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Found it! I found the "sizzle piece".

    When I play the DVD through my set-top player and TV, there IS NO "sizzle
    piece". However, when I play the DVD through my computer's DVD drive, the
    "I, Robot" extra is there!

    I knew DVDs routinely contained special material that was accessible only
    with a computer, but a (fancy-named) trailer?

    Anyhow, the mystery is solved. (Unless my set-top DVD player is being
    funky.)

    - John R. Baker (Who still hasn't found any M&C Easter Eggs!)

    John R. Baker, Apr 1, 2005