    accidentally. I have been using PSP 8 but also have Ulead version 8.

    Help would be good thanks.

    Ken

    Ken, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    I meant to say I am saving as a jpeg but should I save as gifs. The shots
    are always buildings, landscapes and room internals.

    Ken

    "Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message
    > I am really struggling on this as I need to take photos and reduce to max
    > 200 pixels wide maximum which means height is usually between 126 and 160
    > pixels. I have been resizing to this new pixel size down from usually 1760
    > pixel width and am finding the resultant jpeg to be 45/50 pixels whereas

    it

    Ken, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Ken

    Peter Guest

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:54:31 +0100, Ken wrote:

    > I am really struggling on this as I need to take photos and reduce to max
    > 200 pixels wide maximum which means height is usually between 126 and 160
    > pixels. I have been resizing to this new pixel size down from usually 1760
    > pixel width and am finding the resultant jpeg to be 45/50 pixels whereas it
    > used to be 12/14 pixels.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I have altered some settings
    > accidentally. I have been using PSP 8 but also have Ulead version 8.
    >
    > Help would be good thanks.
    >
    > Ken

    Ken, sounds like you could use JpegSizer. It's a really versatile tool for
    resizing images. You can get a free 30-day trial at

    http://jpegsizer.tangotools.com

    Yes, you should use JPEG for photos and other continuous tone images. GIF
    is better for images with few colors, like line art.

    Hope this helps.

    Peter

    Need to resize images for email attachments or web pages?
    Try JpegSizer at http://jpegsizer.tangotools.com

    Peter, Sep 8, 2004