    2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via netscape
    to view them.

    thanks to whomever responds.

    Kenarber, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Kenarber wrote:
    > Help, I am new to digital photography.
    >
    > 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the PC
    > screen?

    You don't need to resize the photos to view them on your screen.
    Download IrfanView from www.irfanview.com

    > 2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via netscape
    > to view them.

    Your default viewer is Netscape because you don't have a viewer
    installed. Download IrfanView to view your pictures.

    Andrew McDonald, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Kenarber

    Alan Brennan Guest

    On 18 Jul 2003 20:49:35 GMT
    Kenarber ( )
    Wrote

    > Help, I am new to digital photography.
    >
    > 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the PC
    > screen?

    This will be a function of your picture viewing program. There will be a
    menu item somewhere on your program saying something like "fit to
    screen". This will alter the way your pix are viewed but will not change
    their real size

    > 2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via netscape
    > to view them.

    Your computer is set so that netscape is the default viewer for picture
    files. You will need to set your viewer program so it is default.

    Your camera should have arrived with a CD of software including a
    picture viewer. When you installed that software on your computer it
    should have given you the option of setting the viewer as default for a
    variety of picture formats.

    To open your files with something other than netscape, RIGHT click on
    one of your pictures. A menu will appear and one of the options is "Open
    with". Click on that, then another menu will appear click on "choose
    program" click that, and another menu will appear with all the programs
    on your computer capable of opening that type of file. Choose one of
    them, and that program will now be the default for that picture type. If
    you haven't loaded a viewing program, there is a rough and ready one
    that is part of Windows, called Windows Picture and Fax viewer.

    Alan Brennan, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Kenarber

    Ronnie Gallo Guest

    First of all this is a camera newsgroup, so fu-k off on the grammar crap.
    Some people seem to think that they are teachers... who cares.. What a dick
    head. Enjoy this group!

    "Dragan Cvetkovic" <> wrote in message
    > (Gary) writes:
    >
    > > >thanks to whomever responds.

    > > Thanks to WHOEVER responds. Sorry if English is not your native

    language.

    Ronnie Gallo, Jul 18, 2003
  5. "Ronnie Gallo" <> writes:

    > "Dragan Cvetkovic" <> wrote in message

    > > > Thanks to WHOEVER responds. Sorry if English is not your native

    > language.
    > > >

    > > Actually, this one is rather tricky. Have a look at
    > > http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoever.html
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you are sorry that English is not my native language,
    > > although I am not the OP.
    > >
    > > Bye, Dragan
    > >

    > First of all this is a camera newsgroup, so fu-k off on the grammar crap.
    > Some people seem to think that they are teachers... who cares.. What a dick
    > head. Enjoy this group!

    Hey Ronnie, if you look closer at this article, you will see that it was is
    not me who started with the grammar. So take it easy and mind your
    language.

    There.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Cvetkovic, Jul 18, 2003
  6. "Dragan Cvetkovic" <> wrote in message
    > (Gary) writes:
    >
    > > >thanks to whomever responds.

    > > Thanks to WHOEVER responds. Sorry if English is not your native

    language.

    > Actually, this one is rather tricky. Have a look at
    > http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoever.html

    Surely this reference is a joke. They come up with the right answer, but not
    knowing which case to use is not a good reason for using whoever or
    whomever. The whoever is the subject of the subordinate clause, so is in the
    nominative.

    I'll meet you in alt.english.usage.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Jul 19, 2003
  7. Kenarber

    Chris S Guest

    That was helpful. Is proper grammar a requirement for asking for help?

    Chris S.

    Chris S, Jul 19, 2003
  8. "Chris S" <> writes:

    > That was helpful. Is proper grammar a requirement for asking for help?

    No. It's helpful to avoid the *really bad* mistakes that make
    sentences mean something else, and the medium-bad mistakes that leave
    us not knowing what the sentences mean in the first place, and the
    mildly bad mistakes that can make a paragraph a lot of work to read
    (some of us are more sensitive to this than others). But it's not
    *necessary*; many people will make considerable effort to figure out
    what you mean, and if you give them enough hints will get it right,
    even if you can't do it in crisp, clean, perfectly gramatical
    English.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, <>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jul 19, 2003
  9. David Dyer-Bennet <> writes:

    > even if you can't do it in crisp, clean, perfectly gramatical

    _or_ correctly spelled. :->

    Phil Stripling, Jul 19, 2003
  10. Kenarber

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
    asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
    then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
    questions! FLUSSSSH!

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 19, 2003
  11. Kenarber

    Steve Young Guest

    > > "Al Treacher" <> wrote
    > > This response was uncalled for. The original poster had a legitimate
    > > question to which we was hoping to find a helpful answer, rather than
    > > abuse. Simply because you, I, or someone else might think the topic
    > > basic does not mean it's worthy only of insulting the questioner.
    > >
    > > This newsgroup is about discussion, help and advice on all matters
    > > digital isn't it? Oh yes, and there's another word too...
    > > encouragement.
    > >
    > > Try decaf.

    > > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:18:38 +0900, "Tony Spadaro"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
    > > >asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
    > > >then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most
    > > >stupid questions! FLUSSSSH!

    > "Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote

    > Either someone hijacked his name in an attempt to discredit him or
    > his immune system no longer responds to the medication.

    This is a problem we have with him here. He's an angry spoiled kid when
    his medication isn't working and he has delusions that he owns this place.
    This seems to happen often lately :( Judging by the time it happened,
    I'd guess maybe he just came in from closing down the bars. sad sad sad

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Jul 19, 2003
  12. "Kenarber" <> wrote in message
    > Help, I am new to digital photography.
    >
    > 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the

    PC
    > screen?

    If you view the pictures in MS Internet Explorer under Windows XP, large
    pictures are automatuically resized to fit the screen. AFAK, all
    image-editing software lets you set the size of the picture on the screen.

    > 2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via

    netscape
    > to view them.

    That is strange. What camera are you using, and what is the file format.
    (It is usually .jpg.)

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 19, 2003
  13. Kenarber

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    The response was a phony, by a troll. He is mad because I spoil his
    auctions. Killfile him and go on with your life.

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 19, 2003
  14. Kenarber

    Chris S Guest

    We disagree. This is a digital camera discussion group, not a grammatical
    one. People get too uptight about the wording of a sentence. Spell check,
    I use it, I love it. If I didn't have it, things would be a lot worse.

    Chris S.

    --

    <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>

    Chris S, Jul 20, 2003
  15. Kenarber

    Chris S Guest

    You see Tony, it works in reverse. You are the injuring party here. The
    original poster is asking basic questions because he's a newbie. He even
    stated so. You are the jerk for jumping on him for this.

    Flame suit on, except I won't hear Tony's replies.

    Chris S.

    Chris S, Jul 20, 2003
  16. Kenarber

    Tony Cooper Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
    >asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
    >then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
    >questions! FLUSSSSH!

    Hey, if there's anything I can't stand it's waiting for the shoe to
    drop. Killfile me now! I know something stupid is this way coming.

    --
    Tony Cooper aka:
    Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s

    Tony Cooper, Jul 20, 2003
  17. Kenarber

    dslr Guest

    Tony Cooper wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:18:38 +0900, "Tony Spadaro"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
    > >asshole is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
    > >then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
    > >questions! FLUSSSSH!

    > Hey, if there's anything I can't stand it's waiting for the shoe to
    > drop. Killfile me now! I know something stupid is this way coming.

    Only trouble is, the asshole wasn't Tony - just someone pretending to
    be.

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Jul 20, 2003
  18. Kenarber

    dslr Guest

    Tesselator wrote:

    > Don't worry about it Mr. Cooper, Tony Spadaro is a sick person!
    > First he tells everyone to f*** off then realizes he may have
    > been rash in a few instances and claims someone is impersonating
    > him. I checked the news headers and it's all the same guy!
    > Also the posting styles are identical!

    Well, you didn't check very bloody hard did you?
    The impersonator was posting from a Japanese host, whilst Tony posts
    from a US host.

    Agreed, Tony can be a little blunt at times, usually with persistant
    idiots, never new people.
    However this (and other posts) went way beyond his style.

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Jul 20, 2003
  19. Kenarber

    Tesselator Guest

    "dslr" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Tesselator wrote:
    > >
    > > Don't worry about it Mr. Cooper, Tony Spadaro is a sick person!
    > > First he tells everyone to f*** off then realizes he may have
    > > been rash in a few instances and claims someone is impersonating
    > > him. I checked the news headers and it's all the same guy!
    > > Also the posting styles are identical!
    > >

    > Well, you didn't check very bloody hard did you?
    > The impersonator was posting from a Japanese host, whilst Tony posts
    > from a US host.
    >
    > Agreed, Tony can be a little blunt at times, usually with persistant
    > idiots, never new people.
    > However this (and other posts) went way beyond his style.
    >
    > --
    > regards,
    > dslr

    between an Ialian server and a Japanese one. I also use the same servers so
    I picked up on it quick. I also use 3 US based servers and one in Russia for
    that matter.

    Tesselator, Jul 20, 2003
  20. Kenarber

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:54:48 -0400,
    "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote:

    >"Kenarber" <> wrote in message
    >> Help, I am new to digital photography.
    >>
    >> 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the PC
    >> screen?

    >If you view the pictures in MS Internet Explorer under Windows XP, large
    >pictures are automatuically resized to fit the screen. AFAK, all
    >image-editing software lets you set the size of the picture on the screen.

    Most, perhaps, but not all, and even then it can be a manual process that
    isn't obvious.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas