    Syed Zeeshan Haider

    ------------------------------------
    http://szh.20m.com/

    TES, Apr 1, 2005

  2. This depends on the authoring program your using, many, almost certainly the
    one your using re-encode the video files before making the .Vob files set.

    If the files are DVD compliant - then the best program to use would be
    TmpGenc DVD Author, it does not re-encode video, and does an fast job of
    making the Vob file set. If they are not complaint, then you'll have to
    encode em anyway.

    Alan Shepherd, Apr 1, 2005

  3. TES

    Geezah Guest

    Alan Shepherd wrote:
    > This depends on the authoring program your using, many, almost certainly the
    > one your using re-encode the video files before making the .Vob files set.
    >
    > If the files are DVD compliant - then the best program to use would be
    > TmpGenc DVD Author, it does not re-encode video, and does an fast job of
    > making the Vob file set. If they are not complaint, then you'll have to
    > encode em anyway.
    >

    >>I am trying to create a custom Video DVD with Roxio DVD Builder. I have
    >>three lenghty home made movies with 352x240 resolution. I don't want to
    >>increase resolution as it will make the videos blurry. So I set the custom
    >>screen size for recording DVD.
    >>If I copy all these videos into a Data DVD, I still have some empty space
    >>on it. But When I create a Video DVD without changing the resolution of
    >>videos, I can hardly copy one video. Why is it so? Are *.vob files usually
    >>bigger than *.mpg or *.mpeg files (like in case of *.bmp and *.jpg
    >>images)?

    Pay attention to Your audio as well.

    Geezah, Apr 2, 2005
  4. TES

    Nonymous Guest

    "Alan Shepherd" <> wrote in message
    > This depends on the authoring program your using, many, almost certainly
    > the one your using re-encode the video files before making the .Vob files
    > set.

    Yes, Roxio almost always re-encodes. I think the only time I've seen it not
    is when using it to burn VCDs using compliant movies.

    Nonymous, Apr 2, 2005