    Would photos taken for magazines(or newspapers)have to be a lot bigger
    in file size?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Eric Clive, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Eric Clive

    Bob Guest

    On 27 Jul 2004 12:16:07 -0700, (Eric Clive) wrote:

    >Hi
    >I'm an amateur photographer and want to take photos for magazines and
    >newspapers.At the moment,I have a Fuji A 310 digital camera which
    >takes,on a medium setting,pictures which are 440 kbs in size.
    >Would photos taken for magazines(or newspapers)have to be a lot bigger
    >in file size?
    >Thanks for any help you can give me.

    Why not call your local newspaper and ask them?

    There is a huge difference between newspaper and magazines. Newspapers can be as
    low as 80DPI and magazines as high as 300DPI or more.

    BTW file size doesn't mean much... you want to know the dots per inch
    resolution.
    Bob, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Eric Clive

    Jon Bell Guest

    In article <>,
    Bob <> wrote:
    >On 27 Jul 2004 12:16:07 -0700, (Eric Clive) wrote:
    >
    >BTW file size doesn't mean much... you want to know the dots per inch
    >resolution.

    Which in turn doesn't mean much unless you (or they) know the final
    printed size in inches.

    --
    Jon Bell <> Presbyterian College
    Jon Bell, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Eric Clive

    Eric Clive Guest

    (Jon Bell) wrote in message news:<ce6ud6$2qp$>...
    > In article <>,
    > Bob <> wrote:
    > >On 27 Jul 2004 12:16:07 -0700, (Eric Clive) wrote:
    > >
    > >BTW file size doesn't mean much... you want to know the dots per inch
    > >resolution.

    > Which in turn doesn't mean much unless you (or they) know the final
    > printed size in inches.

    Hi
    Thanks for all your help.I notice that whatever setting I set my
    camera on(it's now set on 6M for higher quality shots)that the file
    always shows the picture as being 72 dpi.Should this be a higher dpi
    or is this standard on Fuji digital cameras?
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Best wishes,
    Eric.
    Eric Clive, Jul 28, 2004