    A question for a canon 20D owner?
    Will it take 5 fps at it's maximum resolution?

    Thankyou.

    Luke Vader, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Luke Vader

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "Luke Vader" <> wrote in message
    news:eeYNe.9440$...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I currently have a Canon G2 and have been thinking of upgrading. I was
    > disapointed to discover that the latest G6 ISO rating hasn't improved.
    > I'm into mountain biking and would like a camera to take fast action shots
    > at high resolution. I know a solution would be the Canon 20D but it's the
    > size the worries me. Especially as I ride and come off on ocassion.
    > Are there any non digital SLRs with a decent ISO rating.
    >
    > A question for a canon 20D owner?
    > Will it take 5 fps at it's maximum resolution?

    Yes, until the buffer fills. This varies, and I've shot 130 frames
    consecutively at that speed before the buffer fills at JPG low. I think you
    can take about 20 shots at JPEG large, but the speed is either single shot
    or 5fps.

    Kinon O'cann, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Luke Vader

    Guest

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:57:30 GMT, "Luke Vader"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I currently have a Canon G2 and have been thinking of upgrading. I was
    >disapointed to discover that the latest G6 ISO rating hasn't improved.
    >I'm into mountain biking and would like a camera to take fast action shots
    >at high resolution. I know a solution would be the Canon 20D but it's the
    >size the worries me. Especially as I ride and come off on ocassion.
    >Are there any non digital SLRs with a decent ISO rating.
    >
    >A question for a canon 20D owner?
    >Will it take 5 fps at it's maximum resolution?
    >
    >Thankyou.

    Check out the Fujifilm Finepix F10

    , Aug 21, 2005
  4. Luke Vader

    ThomasH Guest

    On 21-Aug-05 08:46, wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:57:30 GMT, "Luke Vader"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>I currently have a Canon G2 and have been thinking of upgrading. I was
    >>disapointed to discover that the latest G6 ISO rating hasn't improved.
    >>I'm into mountain biking and would like a camera to take fast action shots
    >>at high resolution. I know a solution would be the Canon 20D but it's the
    >>size the worries me. Especially as I ride and come off on ocassion.
    >>Are there any non digital SLRs with a decent ISO rating.
    >>
    >>A question for a canon 20D owner?
    >>Will it take 5 fps at it's maximum resolution?
    >>
    >>Thankyou.
    >>

    > Check out the Fujifilm Finepix F10

    I second this: Or wait for the upcoming S9000 for that matter.
    As it seems, Fuji has the compoetitive edge in terms of low
    noise sensors.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072803fuji_s9000zs9500z.asp

    Thomas

    ThomasH, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Luke Vader

    Luke Vader Guest

    >> Check out the Fujifilm Finepix F10
    >
    > I second this: Or wait for the upcoming S9000 for that matter.
    > As it seems, Fuji has the compoetitive edge in terms of low
    > noise sensors.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072803fuji_s9000zs9500z.asp
    >
    > Thomas

    Thanks guys. That F10 reads excellent for a compact but that S9000 is
    something else. I like the swivel tft, that would come in handy. Roll on
    August.

    Luke Vader, Aug 21, 2005
  6. Luke Vader wrote:
    >>> Check out the Fujifilm Finepix F10

    >> I second this: Or wait for the upcoming S9000 for that matter.
    >> As it seems, Fuji has the compoetitive edge in terms of low
    >> noise sensors.
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072803fuji_s9000zs9500z.asp
    >>
    >> Thomas

    > Thanks guys. That F10 reads excellent for a compact but that S9000 is
    > something else. I like the swivel tft, that would come in handy. Roll
    > on August.

    No image stabilisation rather limits the usefulness of the 300mm f/4.9
    lens.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 21, 2005
  7. Luke Vader

    ThomasH Guest

    On 21-Aug-05 12:30, David J Taylor wrote:

    >>>I second this: Or wait for the upcoming S9000 for that matter.
    >>>As it seems, Fuji has the compoetitive edge in terms of low
    >>>noise sensors.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072803fuji_s9000zs9500z.asp
    >>>
    >>>Thomas

    >>Thanks guys. That F10 reads excellent for a compact but that S9000 is
    >>something else. I like the swivel tft, that would come in handy. Roll
    >>on August.

    > No image stabilisation rather limits the usefulness of the 300mm f/4.9
    > lens.
    >
    > David

    Yep, I was also thinking about the paradox of the present
    time: Nobody has them all!

    Lets just compare the Lumix FZ30, with its image stabilized
    Leica zoom, and the lousy, lousy sensor, to the Fujifilm,
    with the great super CCD sensor, but its clearly too dark
    300mm zoom, no stabilization. Of these two, I will take
    the Fuji!

    Fuji uses Nikon's bodies and mount for their dslr's, maybe
    Nikon could take the Fuji sensor and put into their otherwise
    quite nice Coolpix 8800 type of camera???

    Its a silly time, but once everybody will have decent sensors
    available, we will come back to the scenario in which the
    better combination of glass, controls, color rendition
    and dynamic dynamic range will be again the main purchasing
    factor. Currently the public is driven by "more megapixes."
    And so the manufacturers tend to sacrify image quality
    in order to increase the resolution of the sensors...

    Thomas

    ThomasH, Aug 22, 2005
  8. ThomasH wrote:
    > On 21-Aug-05 12:30, David J Taylor wrote:

    []
    >> No image stabilisation rather limits the usefulness of the 300mm
    >> f/4.9 lens.
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    > Yep, I was also thinking about the paradox of the present
    > time: Nobody has them all!
    >
    > Lets just compare the Lumix FZ30, with its image stabilized
    > Leica zoom, and the lousy, lousy sensor, to the Fujifilm,
    > with the great super CCD sensor, but its clearly too dark
    > 300mm zoom, no stabilization. Of these two, I will take
    > the Fuji!
    >
    > Fuji uses Nikon's bodies and mount for their dslr's, maybe
    > Nikon could take the Fuji sensor and put into their otherwise
    > quite nice Coolpix 8800 type of camera???
    >
    > Its a silly time, but once everybody will have decent sensors
    > available, we will come back to the scenario in which the
    > better combination of glass, controls, color rendition
    > and dynamic dynamic range will be again the main purchasing
    > factor. Currently the public is driven by "more megapixes."
    > And so the manufacturers tend to sacrify image quality
    > in order to increase the resolution of the sensors...
    >
    > Thomas

    Personally I went for the Panasonic FZ5 and haven't regretted it for a
    moment. The camera is much more compact than the FZ30 (it weighs only 326
    grams) and has 5MP which is just about enough for me. There is no way I
    would wish to go back to a camera without image stabilisation.

    Perhaps is a year or two's time everyone will have the same quality of
    sensor as the Fuji may have today, but I think it may be facilities and
    price that will be the main purchasing factors for the majority rather
    than colour rendition or dynamic range (personally, I do regard dynamic
    range as important, though). But I bet newer cameras with better sensors
    will not beat the FZ5 on weight!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 22, 2005
  9. Luke Vader

    ThomasH Guest

    On 22-Aug-05 00:58, David J Taylor wrote:
    > ThomasH wrote:
    >
    >>On 21-Aug-05 12:30, David J Taylor wrote:

    > []
    >
    >>>No image stabilisation rather limits the usefulness of the 300mm
    >>>f/4.9 lens.
    >>>
    >>>David
    >>>

    >>Yep, I was also thinking about the paradox of the present
    >>time: Nobody has them all!
    >>
    >>Lets just compare the Lumix FZ30, with its image stabilized
    >>Leica zoom, and the lousy, lousy sensor, to the Fujifilm,
    >>with the great super CCD sensor, but its clearly too dark
    >>300mm zoom, no stabilization. Of these two, I will take
    >>the Fuji!
    >>
    >>Fuji uses Nikon's bodies and mount for their dslr's, maybe
    >>Nikon could take the Fuji sensor and put into their otherwise
    >>quite nice Coolpix 8800 type of camera???
    >>
    >>Its a silly time, but once everybody will have decent sensors
    >>available, we will come back to the scenario in which the
    >>better combination of glass, controls, color rendition
    >>and dynamic dynamic range will be again the main purchasing
    >>factor. Currently the public is driven by "more megapixes."
    >>And so the manufacturers tend to sacrify image quality
    >>in order to increase the resolution of the sensors...
    >>
    >>Thomas

    > Personally I went for the Panasonic FZ5 and haven't regretted it for a
    > moment. The camera is much more compact than the FZ30 (it weighs only 326
    > grams) and has 5MP which is just about enough for me. There is no way I
    > would wish to go back to a camera without image stabilisation.

    We still have the FZ10, no regrets! But its a time to look
    for a successor, the FZ10 served us well on our travels, its
    an excellent closed rooms and museum camera. Silent, the f2.8
    lens provides light enough to use ISO 100 and get sharp images
    thanks to the great MegaIS by Panasonic.

    My wife never again touched our 35mm systems (I have both Canon
    and Nikon), and I must say, this Leica is an awesome lens.

    Thomas

    ThomasH, Aug 23, 2005