Six to Twelve Hour Hell

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bubba, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. Bubba

    Bubba Guest

    ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH. SIX TO TWELVE MORE HOURS!

    For the last few years, I have maintained a website for our homeowners
    association.

    It was fairly sloppy - - - with the components scattered over several
    different organizations. Hosted by Tripod; web forwarding by Namesecure and
    DNS by Register.com. Each organization has different degrees of
    responsiveness regarding tech support ranging from "Absolute Zero" with
    Tripod/Lycos to "Fair" with Register.com. In an effort to consolidate this
    mess, I subscribed to Web Forwarding with Register.com. I was told that as
    DNS, Register.com could override the existing web forwarding by Namesecure.

    Then the fun began.

    Every six to twelve hours, I would check the website. Every six to twelve
    hours I would find that it was still being forwarded by Namesecure. Each
    chat with Register.com tech support would bring the same answer - - it takes
    time, wait six to twelve MORE hours. (with variation - - one tech
    suggested that I delete all cookies and temporary files and try again). I'm
    reluctant to abandon Namesecure until I am certain that Register.com can do
    the job. So far, it appears that I cannot.

    In the meantime - - I am in "six to twelve hour HELL". This seems to be the
    tech support equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

    Bubba, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Bubba

    me Guest

    "Bubba" <> wrote in message
    > ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH. SIX TO TWELVE MORE HOURS!
    >

    > For the last few years, I have maintained a website for our homeowners
    > association.

    I hate HOA's

    me, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Bubba

    Robert Baer Guest

    Bubba wrote:
    > ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH. SIX TO TWELVE MORE HOURS!
    >

    > For the last few years, I have maintained a website for our homeowners
    > association.
    >

    > It was fairly sloppy - - - with the components scattered over several
    > different organizations. Hosted by Tripod; web forwarding by Namesecure and
    > DNS by Register.com. Each organization has different degrees of
    > responsiveness regarding tech support ranging from "Absolute Zero" with
    > Tripod/Lycos to "Fair" with Register.com. In an effort to consolidate this
    > mess, I subscribed to Web Forwarding with Register.com. I was told that as
    > DNS, Register.com could override the existing web forwarding by Namesecure.
    >

    > Then the fun began.
    >

    > Every six to twelve hours, I would check the website. Every six to twelve
    > hours I would find that it was still being forwarded by Namesecure. Each
    > chat with Register.com tech support would bring the same answer - - it takes
    > time, wait six to twelve MORE hours. (with variation - - one tech
    > suggested that I delete all cookies and temporary files and try again). I'm
    > reluctant to abandon Namesecure until I am certain that Register.com can do
    > the job. So far, it appears that I cannot.
    >

    > In the meantime - - I am in "six to twelve hour HELL". This seems to be the
    > tech support equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

    Transfer to GoDaddy; excellent support, and good pricing.

    Robert Baer, Apr 21, 2005