    Thanks,

    Scott

    , Oct 25, 2003

  2. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    >Are there any box sets available in the US of this great 70's series?

    No. And as far as I know, it's not under consideration from Universal
    for the foreseeable future.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Guest

    In article <>,
    jayembee <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    > >Are there any box sets available in the US of this great 70's series?

    > No. And as far as I know, it's not under consideration from Universal
    > for the foreseeable future.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Dang, that was a great series. Too bad it's not going to be out anyday
    soon. Thanks for the input,

    Scott

    , Oct 25, 2003
  4. kaboom Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:55:33 GMT, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Are there any box sets available in the US of this great 70's series?

    >No. And as far as I know, it's not under consideration from Universal
    >for the foreseeable future.

    **I read in the paper today that Jim Carrey was signed to do a new
    version of the Six Million Dollar Man and, obviously, it would be more
    of a comedy. I don't know what to think about this :)

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 25, 2003
  5. John Savard Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:59:06 -0400, kaboom
    <> wrote, in part:
    >On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:55:33 GMT, jayembee
    ><> wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>>Are there any box sets available in the US of this great 70's series?

    >>No. And as far as I know, it's not under consideration from Universal
    >>for the foreseeable future.

    >**I read in the paper today that Jim Carrey was signed to do a new
    >version of the Six Million Dollar Man and, obviously, it would be more
    >of a comedy. I don't know what to think about this :)

    I read the novel, "Cyborg", by Martin Caidin. It was good, and the
    pilot movie of "The Six Million Dollar Man" was tolerable, but I don't
    think the series is really worth preserving.

    Maybe Jim Carrey's role in this remake will be his first serious movie
    role. I don't think it would work as a comedy. Astronauts losing limbs
    in accidents aren't funny, among other things.

    John Savard

    John Savard, Oct 26, 2003
  6. jayembee Guest

    lid (John Savard) wrote:

    >I read the novel, "Cyborg", by Martin Caidin. It was good, and the
    >pilot movie of "The Six Million Dollar Man" was tolerable, but I don't
    >think the series is really worth preserving.

    I can't argue with that. I watched a goodly percentage of the
    episodes, as well as THE BIONIC WOMAN, back when they were first on.
    And while they were enjoyable to a point, they were a far cry from
    being "great series".

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Chris Banzai Guest

    Greetings,

    <> wrote:

    >**I read in the paper today that Jim Carrey was signed to do a new
    >version of the Six Million Dollar Man and, obviously, it would be more
    >of a comedy. I don't know what to think about this :)

    I know what I think. My voice is one of the many screams of anguish in
    the bionic-fan community. There's already at least one petition
    against it that I know of. My only hope is that it goes the way of the
    Chris Rock/Farrelly Brothers version that was talked about a few years
    ago.

    Failing that, at least maybe a remake of any kind would inspire some
    DVD releases of the original series. Until then, I'll make due with
    what's available from the UK.

    Chris
    "Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer is my
    distaste
    for manual labor." - Dogbert

    Highlander - Buckaroo Banzai - Buffy - Kolchak - Jon Sable - Ceirdwyn
    The Sims - Doc Savage
    all can be found at:
    http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

    Chris Banzai, Oct 26, 2003
  8. Rich Clark Guest

    "Chris Banzai" <> wrote in message

    > I know what I think. My voice is one of the many screams of anguish in
    > the bionic-fan community. There's already at least one petition
    > against it that I know of. My only hope is that it goes the way of the
    > Chris Rock/Farrelly Brothers version that was talked about a few years
    > ago.

    I remember Lee Majors as having a bit of a sarcastic, raised-eyebrow
    approach to the character that was perhaps a bit more comedic than it seems
    in retrospect.

    And after Truman Show and Man on the Moon, I have some fair respect for
    Carrey's acting ability.

    There could be a place for the character and the actor to meet that would
    work.

    What interests me more is just how much the premise itself will require
    expansion and updating to keep it futuristic. If indeed that's what they go
    for. And whether a movie would pay any more respect to the laws of physics
    and biology than the series did.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Oct 26, 2003
  9. Wade365 Guest

    << There's already at least one petition
    against it that I know of. My only hope is that it goes the way of the
    Chris Rock/Farrelly Brothers version that was talked about a few years
    ago. >>

    Yeah... like they're paying attention to the fans as far as the
    "Hellraiser/Halloween" team-up movie.

    They'll make this movie, and it's not going to be a dramatic thing or a
    futuristic adventure, it'll be a screwball comedy like "I-Spy" or "Charlie's
    Angels" or any of that other disposable 70s tie-in rapings.

    : (

    I don't have any overwhelming love for the series although I remember the whole
    "Bigfoot" two-parter and the nemesis cyborg guy they eventually had as being
    big deals to see as far as playground ranking and being cool, so I hope they
    don't but I know they WILL do a number on it.

    In one of the other threads I'm talking about the Battlestar Galactica set and
    one of the cool things (IMO) about that is that SciFi is doing another telling
    of the characters (and yes, I understand part of the reason for either is to
    promote the, y'know... thing)... if they did that with 6MDM I might check it
    out, but never ever EVER a 6MDM with Jim Carey... it's like casting Nick Cage
    as Clark Kent (much as I love almost everything Cage has done)...

    .... now, if Carey was starring in a re-make of the DC Comics' "Plasticman"...

    Wade365, Oct 26, 2003
  10. kaboom Guest

    On 26 Oct 2003 20:47:59 GMT, (Wade365) wrote:

    ><< There's already at least one petition
    >against it that I know of. My only hope is that it goes the way of the
    >Chris Rock/Farrelly Brothers version that was talked about a few years
    >ago. >>
    >
    >Yeah... like they're paying attention to the fans as far as the
    >"Hellraiser/Halloween" team-up movie.
    >
    >They'll make this movie, and it's not going to be a dramatic thing or a
    >futuristic adventure, it'll be a screwball comedy like "I-Spy" or "Charlie's
    >Angels" or any of that other disposable 70s tie-in rapings.
    >
    >: (
    >
    >I don't have any overwhelming love for the series although I remember the whole
    >"Bigfoot" two-parter and the nemesis cyborg guy they eventually had as being
    >big deals to see as far as playground ranking and being cool, so I hope they
    >don't but I know they WILL do a number on it.

    **I'm a fan of both the Bionic Man and Woman. I thought the fembots
    were cool and slightly freaky. However, the episode where Jaime used
    her bionic thumbnail to open a can of tuna or something, I thought: Uh
    oh, that's beyond cheesy. And it was all downhill after that :)

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 26, 2003
  11. Wade365 Guest

    << **I'm a fan of both the Bionic Man and Woman. I thought the fembots
    were cool and slightly freaky. >>

    Heh... you just triggered a memory for me... one kid on my playground used to
    insult others calling them "Femmbotic Wombats"... case-in-point that knowing
    your 6MDM was essential.

    : )

    Wade365, Oct 26, 2003
  12. MetzLan Guest

    > **I'm a fan of both the Bionic Man and Woman. I thought the fembots
    > were cool and slightly freaky. However, the episode where Jaime used
    > her bionic thumbnail to open a can of tuna or something, I thought: Uh
    > oh, that's beyond cheesy. And it was all downhill after that :)
    >
    > kaboomie

    My vote for when it got really bad was when they added the bionic dog...

    MetzLan, Oct 26, 2003
  13. I bet they will release a dvd of original SMDM episodes around the time
    that the Jim Carrey movie comes out. Like they did with the The
    Incredible Hulk and Charlies Angels..and a few others.
    I'm betting (hoping) that they'll put out a Starsky and Hutch and Wonder
    Woman tv series dvd when those movies come out too.

    =========================
    Now that the smoke's gone
    And the air is all clear
    Those who were right there
    Got a new kind of fear

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Zer=D8-Man?=, Oct 28, 2003
  14. Max Volume Guest

    In article <>,
    ZerØ-Man <> wrote:

    > I'm betting (hoping) that they'll put out a Starsky and Hutch and Wonder
    > Woman tv series dvd when those movies come out too.

    Wonder Woman is out.

    Max Volume, Oct 28, 2003
  15. Bullock Guest

    Just call them "Femanazi Bots"

    Bullock, Oct 28, 2003
  16. mikah Guest

    > From: John Savard (Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:04:51 GMT)
    > MsgId: <>
    >
    > Maybe Jim Carrey's role in this remake will be his first
    > serious movie role. I don't think it would work as a
    > comedy. Astronauts losing limbs in accidents aren't funny,
    > among other things.

    Truman Show and The Majestic were comedies?

    Anything is funny if done right.

    mikah, Oct 29, 2003
  17. Smaug69 Guest

    Max Volume <> wrote in message news:<271020032307398932%>...
    > In article <>,
    > ZerØ-Man <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm betting (hoping) that they'll put out a Starsky and Hutch and Wonder
    > > Woman tv series dvd when those movies come out too.

    > Wonder Woman is out.

    What region? It's certainly not out in Region 1.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Oct 29, 2003
  18. Eric R. Guest

    kaboom <> wrote in message

    > **I read in the paper today that Jim Carrey was signed to do a new
    > version of the Six Million Dollar Man

    Good. Now I can start my "Worst films of 2005" list early.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 29, 2003
  19. Eric R. Guest

    "MetzLan" <> wrote in message

    > My vote for when it got really bad was when they added the bionic dog...

    Hey, there's really no need to insult Maximilian!

    At least he was a better actor than Lindsey Wagner.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 29, 2003
  20. Eric R. Guest

    Max Volume <> wrote in message