    Morelikely they'll claim that without piracy it would've made $500M in
    DVD sales or some nonsense like that...

    -goro-

    Goro, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Goro

    Impmon Guest

    On 9 Nov 2005 21:39:04 -0800, "Goro" <> wrote:

    >http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17738,00.html
    >
    >So LucasFilm and Fox are claiming extremely strong sales of SITH DVD.
    >IIRC, they claimed that pirated DVDs HURT theatrical Box Office. Are
    >they gonna blame the strong sales on the pirated DVDs...? The US DVD
    >rip has been available for several weeks already...

    Screener was ripped and released almost a week before the movie came
    out. Yet the movie still made more than Phantom Meanace or Clone
    Wars.

    >Morelikely they'll claim that without piracy it would've made $500M in
    >DVD sales or some nonsense like that...

    Doubtful. Maybe some loss in sale but not $500M.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    Impmon, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Goro

    Simon Guest

    Re: Strong sales...

    "Goro" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17738,00.html
    >
    > So LucasFilm and Fox are claiming extremely strong sales of SITH DVD.
    > IIRC, they claimed that pirated DVDs HURT theatrical Box Office. Are
    > they gonna blame the strong sales on the pirated DVDs...? The US DVD
    > rip has been available for several weeks already...
    >
    > Morelikely they'll claim that without piracy it would've made $500M in
    > DVD sales or some nonsense like that...

    I'm sure it'd do even better if it was any good!

    Simon, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Goro

    Sue Guest

    Impmon wrote:
    > On 9 Nov 2005 21:39:04 -0800, "Goro" <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17738,00.html
    >>
    >>So LucasFilm and Fox are claiming extremely strong sales of SITH DVD.
    >>IIRC, they claimed that pirated DVDs HURT theatrical Box Office.

    If Lucas sincerely cared about the issue of pirated DVDs, he'd release a
    DVD version of the original, unaltered first trilogy so fans wouldn't
    have to rely on bootlegs to get them.

    But I guess in that case, he doesn't care that the pirates are getting
    his money.

    Sue, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Goro

    Goro Guest

    Impmon wrote:
    > On 9 Nov 2005 21:39:04 -0800, "Goro" <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17738,00.html
    > >
    > >So LucasFilm and Fox are claiming extremely strong sales of SITH DVD.
    > >IIRC, they claimed that pirated DVDs HURT theatrical Box Office. Are
    > >they gonna blame the strong sales on the pirated DVDs...? The US DVD
    > >rip has been available for several weeks already...

    > Screener was ripped and released almost a week before the movie came
    > out. Yet the movie still made more than Phantom Meanace or Clone
    > Wars.
    >
    > >Morelikely they'll claim that without piracy it would've made $500M in
    > >DVD sales or some nonsense like that...

    > Doubtful. Maybe some loss in sale but not $500M.

    Dude, reality and MPAA-style claims of lost sales rarely match. Have
    you seen the latest claims for lost revenue?

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_hi_te/movie_downloads

    "llegal downloading costs the movie industry an estimated $5.4 billion
    a year, she said"

    -goro-

    Goro, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Goro