    There was a major power loss to the northeast seaboard today. MANY SERVERS
    ARE DOWN!!! Just give it some time, everything should return to normal
    provided no one sustained hardware damage or data loss.

    Rosco, Aug 15, 2003

  2. "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    news:3f3c7498$...
    : I am new to the group but I can't help but notice the tons of messages
    about
    : this site or that server being down. HAS ANYONE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS!!
    : There was a major power loss to the northeast seaboard today. MANY SERVERS
    : ARE DOWN!!! Just give it some time, everything should return to normal
    : provided no one sustained hardware damage or data loss.

    Never heard of UPS?
    -=[VampiressX]=-, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Rosco

    trout Guest

    Rosco wrote:

    > I am new to the group but I can't help but notice the tons of
    > messages about this site or that server being down. HAS ANYONE BEEN
    > WATCHING THE NEWS!! There was a major power loss to the northeast
    > seaboard today. MANY SERVERS ARE DOWN!!! Just give it some time,
    > everything should return to normal provided no one sustained hardware
    > damage or data loss.

    You mean the one that was first mentioned in the newsgroup eight
    hours ago?
    Are you saying that there is not also a DOS attack being launched
    against Microsoft sites, and continued damage from the Blaster Virus?
    Or are you just talking out of your ass, and making authoritive
    comments about things in the newsgroup that you haven't actually read,
    or understood.
    --
    "Thanks for dropping by."
    trout, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Rosco

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rosco continued:

    > I am new to the group

    You got *that* right. Don't think you'll be around for much longer...

    PS The World doesn't stop at the Atlantic y'know.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Rosco

    Jim PKP Guest

    In article <3f3c7498$>,
    says...
    > I am new to the group but I can't help but notice the tons of messages about
    > this site or that server being down. HAS ANYONE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS!!
    > There was a major power loss to the northeast seaboard today. MANY SERVERS
    > ARE DOWN!!! Just give it some time, everything should return to normal
    > provided no one sustained hardware damage or data loss.

    Northeast seaboard of where?

    --
    | | PKP |
    Jim PKP, Aug 15, 2003
  6. Rosco

    jeroen Guest

    In article <3f3c7498$>,
    says...
    > I am new to the group but I can't help but notice the tons of messages about
    > this site or that server being down. HAS ANYONE BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS!!
    > There was a major power loss to the northeast seaboard today. MANY SERVERS
    > ARE DOWN!!! Just give it some time, everything should return to normal
    > provided no one sustained hardware damage or data loss.

    Some people find it easier to post here. Also happens with "normal"
    server outages.

    Also, it gives them the pleasure to start bitching when the "watch the
    news/your ISP's helppages" replies get bback

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands
    jeroen, Aug 15, 2003
  7. Rosco

    Kraftee Guest

    trout wrote:
    > Rosco wrote:
    >
    >> I am new to the group but I can't help but notice the tons of
    >> messages about this site or that server being down. HAS ANYONE BEEN
    >> WATCHING THE NEWS!! There was a major power loss to the northeast
    >> seaboard today. MANY SERVERS ARE DOWN!!! Just give it some time,
    >> everything should return to normal provided no one sustained

    hardware
    >> damage or data loss.

    > You mean the one that was first mentioned in the newsgroup eight
    > hours ago?
    > Are you saying that there is not also a DOS attack being

    launched
    > against Microsoft sites, and continued damage from the Blaster

    Virus?
    > Or are you just talking out of your ass, and making authoritive
    > comments about things in the newsgroup that you haven't actually

    read,
    > or understood.

    Hey, be gentle Mr Trout (or I'll tiggle your tum) they can't help it
    if they've wet their diaper over something which is to big for them to
    comprehend (actually 2 things they can't comprehend). Their parents
    will be along soon to pat their heads 7 tuck them in...

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 15, 2003
  8. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rosco continued:
    >
    > > I am new to the group

    > You got *that* right. Don't think you'll be around for much longer...
    >
    > PS The World doesn't stop at the Atlantic y'know.

    I *suppose* you believe the earth is round, too!

    --
    Sum peepels children I tells ya!
    Sentient Fluid, Aug 15, 2003
  9. Rosco

    Kraftee Guest

    Sentient Fluid wrote:
    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rosco

    continued:

    >>> I am new to the group

    >> You got *that* right. Don't think you'll be around for much

    longer...

    >> PS The World doesn't stop at the Atlantic y'know.

    > I *suppose* you believe the earth is round, too!

    Always thought it was shaped like a doughnut.....

    MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 15, 2003
  10. Rosco

    Tom Miller Guest

    Sigh, was it even worth your time to reply? Come on, be a little more
    civil. Your mother might be watching you...
    Tom

    Tom Miller, Aug 15, 2003
  11. Tom Miller wrote:
    || Sigh, was it even worth your time to reply? Come on, be a little
    || more civil. Your mother might be watching you...
    || Tom
    ||| BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You stupid f**k.

    That would be as spooky as you being a top posting ****.

    I always wonder why poltergeists can't do useful shit, like wash the dishes
    or do the laundry.
    Kazunari Clem, Aug 15, 2003
  12. Rosco

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Sentient Fluid continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rosco continued:
    >>
    >>> I am new to the group

    >> You got *that* right. Don't think you'll be around for much longer...
    >>
    >> PS The World doesn't stop at the Atlantic y'know.

    > I *suppose* you believe the earth is round, too!

    Haha, as if I were that foolish !!
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 15, 2003
  13. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Sentient Fluid continued:
    >
    > > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rosco continued:

    > >> You got *that* right. Don't think you'll be around for much longer...
    > >>
    > >> PS The World doesn't stop at the Atlantic y'know.

    > > I *suppose* you believe the earth is round, too!

    > Haha, as if I were that foolish !!

    You have restored my faith in humanity!! Thank you!!
    Sentient Fluid, Aug 15, 2003
  14. Rosco

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as The Old Sourdough continued:

    >>> Haha, as if I were that foolish !!

    >> You have restored my faith in humanity!! Thank you!!
    >>

    > Of course the earth isn't round. If it were, all the BEER!!11!! would
    > run off into outer space. *Everyone* knows the earth is a big concave
    > bowl shape....

    With me right in the middle ;-)
    --
    slumpy