    Any ideas what might be the problem?

    Thanks

    -Richard

    Richard, Jan 21, 2006

  2. In article <q0uAf.4169$-nyc.rr.com>,
    Richard <> wrote:
    >I've been trying to get a site to site vpn up and running between 2 sites,
    >one with a pix 515e and one with a linksys RV082.

    >The VPN is connecting and staying connected, but after 5 minutes routing is
    >stopping between the 2 networks and i'm unable to access anything across the
    >tunnel until I disconnect and reconnect.

    >Any ideas what might be the problem?

    5 minutes suggests that the route is timing out. If it
    were 3 minutes, most likely would be ARP entries timing out.

    I'd be inclined to investigate the ARP situation first.
    You are probably using nat 0 access-list on the PIX: if so, then
    you need to know that proxy ARP is disabled for such IPs, and
    that can end up looking like the situation you are experiencing.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 25, 2006