    do I need ver7.x?

    JHG

    , May 15, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Can I construct a site-to-site VPN between 2 PIX 501's and use a natted
    >network between the sites?

    Yes.

    >Is this possible with ver 6.x software or
    >do I need ver7.x?

    If the network uses one-to-one NAT, then you can do it
    using any release supported on the 501.

    If the network uses PAT (Port Address Translation) then you need
    PIX 6.3 and you need "isakmp nat-traversal 20"

    BTW, PIX 7.x is not supported on the 501 and likely will never be.

    Walter Roberson, May 15, 2006

  3. sampark Guest

    Adding to Walter's reply:

    Configure the pixes normally, Then configure VPN normally without using
    the NAT. If that is working. Configure NAT. Remember to use the natted
    addresses in the crypto acl.

    -Vikas

    sampark, May 24, 2006
  4. ani John

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Site To Site Vpn With Nat

    This is Ani John

    Can somebody help me to do a site to site VPN with NAT, both ends nat should be applied. after my configuration I can see the tunnel is establishing but I am not able to ping between the host still I can ping the peer gateway.

    this VPN is between ASA 5510 and PIX515 E with both end public IP hosts

    Can somebody help me in this

    Regards

    Ani John

    ani John, Sep 3, 2008