Site-to-Site VPN dropping

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jon Doe, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. Jon Doe

    Jon Doe Guest

    I need some help troubleshooting an issue I'm having with an L2L VPN I have
    set up with one of our clients. The issue is that every once in a while, the
    tunnel goes down and the only way we seem to be able to get it going again
    is to reconfigure the tunnel. That is, resetting the connection doesn't help
    and since there would have been no change to the configs, checking that
    yields no solutions either.

    On my side of the equation, my VPN is on a PIX525. On the other side,
    they're using a Sonicwall firewall as the VPN peer. I'm using a T3
    connection and the other guys are on a T1. One thing that we noticed the
    last two times we had this problem is that very large files were being
    transfered over the tunnel when the tunnel dies. I know that the PIX and my
    connection could handle the load (I have another L2L that copies MUCH larger
    files than this one and have never had a problem with it... those guys are
    also using a PIX525).

    Could this be a problem with the Sonicwall not being able to handle the
    load? None of the errors in the logs on either side tell us that
    specifically, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about this.

    Thanks!

    Jon Doe, Oct 16, 2007