    create a .csv file? TIA, Arthur
    --
    Stop the chop by deleting it from my address.
    Arthur, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Arthur

    ICee Guest

    Arthur wrote:
    > I know such a site must be out there, but I'm having a little trouble
    > deciphering the results when I go to ask.com and type in 'How do I
    > create a .csv file?'
    >
    > Any recommendations for a site that explains, in simple terms, how to
    > create a .csv file? TIA, Arthur

    Here you are. Used Google to find "CSV files":
    http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci213871,00.html
    ICee, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Arthur

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Arthur" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I know such a site must be out there, but I'm having a little trouble
    > deciphering the results when I go to ask.com and type in 'How do I
    > create a .csv file?'
    >
    > Any recommendations for a site that explains, in simple terms, how to
    > create a .csv file? TIA, Arthur

    What file format is your data currently in? I frequently use .CSV to
    transfer data in or out of MS Excel. If your data is in Excel, select "Save
    As..." and select ".CSV (comma delimited" from the "Save as Type" pull down
    (probably the bottom pull down in the dialog box, depending on which version
    of Excel).

    If your data isn't in Excel, see if you can open your data file in Excel.

    If you haven't created your data file yet, do it in Excel.

    See how simple that can be? Of course, if you don't have Excel, almost any
    database or spreadsheet program can do the same.

    Toolman
    Toolman Tim, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Arthur

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Arthur',

    You did not say what software you are using so best if you choose what
    suits your needs from this site.

    http://tinyurl.com/2hn69

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "Arthur" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Emrys Davies, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Arthur

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    OPTHECHOP says...
    > I know such a site must be out there, but I'm having a little trouble
    > deciphering the results when I go to ask.com and type in 'How do I
    > create a .csv file?'
    >
    > Any recommendations for a site that explains, in simple terms, how to
    > create a .csv file? TIA, Arthur

    Start Notepad and type your data in in this format (the first row is the
    header, and may not be needed)

    FirstName,Surname,Country
    Hywel,Jenkins,UK

    When you're done, File > Save As ... enter something like
    "mycsvfile.csv"
    including the speech marks in to the File Name box. Click Save.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Arthur

    Fred Guest

    "Hywel" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    >> 'How do I create a .csv file?'

    <snip>
    > Start Notepad and type your data in in this format (the first row is the
    > header, and may not be needed)
    >
    > FirstName,Surname,Country
    > Hywel,Jenkins,UK
    >
    > When you're done, File > Save As ... enter something like
    > "mycsvfile.csv"
    > including the speech marks in to the File Name box. Click Save.
    >

    > --
    > Hywel I do not eat quiche
    > http://kibo.org.uk/
    > http://kibo.org.uk/mfaq.php