Site not working in FF1.0.2

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Stuart Johnson, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. Stuart Johnson, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Stuart Johnson

    KeithS Guest

    KeithS, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Stuart Johnson wrote:
    > As the subject says, all I get is garbage from
    > http://www.ctrl.co.uk/photos/galleryimage.asp?ID=2332
    > Works OK in IE6.
    >
    > Presumably the site prfers IE?

    The address is to a jpg image. Open it in Firefox or Mozilla, right
    click, and choose View Page Info. You will see that server is sending
    it as text/html, the wrong mime type. Firefox/Mozilla and for that
    matter, Opera, all try to do what the server is telling them, display
    the page as though it were an html page. Only IE disregards the server.
    Actually its one of IE's security flaws.

    I suggest writing the web designer in question and informing him of the
    problem.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Exact same results. Notice at the top, something like "Photoshop 3.0".
    One thing is weird, though. Try selecting text, especially near the
    top. If your
    results are like mine, chunks are missing as you select, and when you
    copy/paste only a few characters come out.
    Nothing like the idiot at that server,
    poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 27, 2005