    the site's old site certificate expired and had to be renewed.

    Is this a problem with my Mozilla 1.7.5 or is there
    really a problem with this site's certificate?

    mrlg, Feb 25, 2005

  2. On 2005-02-25, mrlg <> wrote:

    > I am using Mozilla 1.7.5 for Linux on SuSE 8.0
    > (can't figure out how to get Firefox working in SuSE 8.0
    > because it's missing packages I can't find, but that's
    > a different problem)
    >
    > Whenever I go to www.gamesug.com I get a message about
    > an invalid certificate and Mozilla asks me if I want to
    > accept the certificate for the current session or
    > whatever.
    >
    > This didn't happen at the beginning of January 2005, before
    > the site's old site certificate expired and had to be renewed.
    >
    > Is this a problem with my Mozilla 1.7.5 or is there
    > really a problem with this site's certificate?

    If you look at the certificate details you can see the new certificate was
    issued by www.starfieldtech.com, which isn't one of the default
    certificate authorities recognized by Mozilla. If you trust this
    certificate authority, you can use the Certificate Manager to add
    www.starfieldtech.com to the list of recognized authorities.

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Feb 27, 2005