    Dell 4600 series computers.

    Again thanks,

    Dave H.
    DH, Nov 1, 2003

  2. DH

    Thor Guest

    no. They aren't the same. I suspect they mistook your saying "sis 315" as
    meaning you had an s3 card.

    "DH" <(axe the x's)> wrote in message
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Is Sis and S3 the same company? I have a problem with a SiS 315 Video

    Card
    > and asked tech support what the problem could be and they replied that

    they
    > do not support S3 video cards. The SiS 315 card is a standard card for

    the

    Thor, Nov 1, 2003

  3. DH

    DH Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > no. They aren't the same. I suspect they mistook your saying "sis 315" as
    > meaning you had an s3 card.
    >

    > ..
    > "DH" <(axe the x's)> wrote in message
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Is Sis and S3 the same company? I have a problem with a SiS 315 Video

    > Card
    > > and asked tech support what the problem could be and they replied that

    > they
    > > do not support S3 video cards. The SiS 315 card is a standard card for

    > the
    > > Dell 4600 series computers.
    > >
    > > Again thanks,
    > >
    > > Dave H.

    Thanks Thor, based on your answer I responded to customer support asking for
    specific info on the compatibility of the SiS cards and received a
    satisfactory answer.

    Thanks again,

    Dave H.
    DH, Nov 2, 2003