    heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no
    brains."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    Meat Plow, Sep 4, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 17:04:14 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
    > man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
    > - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    He was an opportunistic turncoat ****. Also, 'Liberal' and 'Conservative'
    in the political sense mean totally different things in this country from
    what they mean in yours.

    --
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and

    Aardvark, Sep 4, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 17:20:06 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 17:04:14 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
    >> man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." - Sir
    >> Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    > He was an opportunistic turncoat ****. Also, 'Liberal' and
    > 'Conservative' in the political sense mean totally different things in
    > this country from what they mean in yours.

    Don't shoot the messenger I was merely quoting the man.

    Meat Plow, Sep 4, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    chuckcar Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote in

    > "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no
    > heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no
    > brains."
    > - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    Not his best quote by a large margin.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 4, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no
    > heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no
    > brains."
    > - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 4, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:02:56 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
    >> man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
    >> - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    >>

    > Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?

    Meat Plow, Sep 4, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    ian field Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 17:20:06 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 17:04:14 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
    >>> man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." - Sir
    >>> Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    >> He was an opportunistic turncoat ****. Also, 'Liberal' and
    >> 'Conservative' in the political sense mean totally different things in
    >> this country from what they mean in yours.

    > Don't shoot the messenger I was merely quoting the man.

    I like the quote of what he told the British secret service: "Find out which
    partisans are killing the most Germans, then find out how we can help them
    kill even more Germans".

    ian field, Sep 4, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:02:56 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
    >>> man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
    >>> - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    >>>

    >> Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    > LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?

    God mud huts down here are going for 3-400 thousand, \
    http://www.marfarealestate.com/residential.htm

    OldGringo38, Sep 4, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:31:01 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:02:56 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>

    >>> Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    >> LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?
    >>

    > God mud huts down here are going for 3-400 thousand, \
    > http://www.marfarealestate.com/residential.htm

    611 West Third

    Wonderful brick family home sits on an extra large corner lot consisting
    of 18,225 sq. ft. It is located in a nice quiet neighborhood in the
    Northwest part of Marfa. This lovely home has many nice features, some of
    which include an open floor plan for kitchen, dining, living room, and
    front entry, central heat/air, laundry room, patio, and paved driveway.
    There are 4BR/1 1/2 baths in the main house and the kitchen opens onto a
    patio and fenced back yard with mature trees. The detached workshop and
    garage are insulated and heated. The workshop has 220 wiring, a
    refrigerator and 1/2 bath. All appliances will remain.

    $225,000

    Damn! that's cheap! Around here that would be half a million. This little
    brick house I live in is on a 70x90 lot and would sell for over 100
    grand. But it's the location. Close to everything. Quiet city with around
    100k population spread over a large area. And 99% gringos.

    Meat Plow, Sep 4, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Meat Plow <> wrote in

    >> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no
    >> heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no
    >> brains."
    >> - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    >>

    >Not his best quote by a large margin.

    I've always liked, "Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I
    shall be sober and you will still be ugly."

    Mike "Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it." Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 4, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:02:56 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>>

    >>> Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    >> LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?
    >>

    >God mud huts down here are going for 3-400 thousand, \
    >http://www.marfarealestate.com/residential.htm

    I don't think I would care to live there. Too many mud huts.

    joevan, Sep 4, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 15:51:55 -0400, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:31:01 -0500, OldGringo38
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >>following tidbit of information:

    >>> LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?
    >>>

    >>God mud huts down here are going for 3-400 thousand, \
    >>http://www.marfarealestate.com/residential.htm

    >I don't think I would care to live there. Too many mud huts.

    And it all looks a bit too bleak.

    joevan, Sep 4, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/4/2010 2:51 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:31:01 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?
    >>>

    >> God mud huts down here are going for 3-400 thousand, \
    >> http://www.marfarealestate.com/residential.htm

    > I don't think I would care to live there. Too many mud huts.

    Yes and the population to go with the mud huts.

    OldGringo38, Sep 4, 2010
  14. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/4/2010 3:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 15:51:55 -0400, joevan<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:31:01 -0500, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> God mud huts down here are going for 3-400 thousand, \
    >>> http://www.marfarealestate.com/residential.htm

    >> I don't think I would care to live there. Too many mud huts.

    > And it all looks a bit too bleak.

    It is, very.

    OldGringo38, Sep 4, 2010
  15. Meat Plow

    chuckcar Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>Meat Plow <> wrote in

    >>> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no
    >>> heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no
    >>> brains."
    >>> - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    >>>

    >>Not his best quote by a large margin.

    > I've always liked, "Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I
    > shall be sober and you will still be ugly."
    >
    > Mike "Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it." Yetto

    There's quite a few notable putdown from him it's true.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 4, 2010
  16. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:02:56 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any
    >>> man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
    >>> - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    >>>

    >> Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    > LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?

    PS: Forgot to add Marfa is 97% border town Mexican.

    OldGringo38, Sep 5, 2010
  17. Meat Plow

    83LowRider Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > $225,000
    >
    > Damn! that's cheap! Around here that would be half a million. This
    > little brick house I live in is on a 70x90 lot and would sell for
    > over 100 grand. But it's the location. Close to everything. Quiet
    > city with around 100k population spread over a large area. And 99%
    > gringos.

    Everything I saw looked waaay overpriced. And 'bleak' is
    certainly a good description. Come to the mountains
    where the grass is actually green, there's four distinct seasons,
    and a quarter mil buys a real home.
    http://www.tricityareaproperties.com/content/listings.html?ag_id=1322299

    83LowRider, Sep 5, 2010
  18. Meat Plow

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    >> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>>Meat Plow <> wrote in

    >>>Not his best quote by a large margin.

    >> I've always liked, "Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I
    >> shall be sober and you will still be ugly."
    >>
    >> Mike "Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it." Yetto

    >There's quite a few notable putdown from him it's true.

    If not, it should be.

    Mike "anyway, I choose to accept its truthiness" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 5, 2010
  19. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:00:24 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:02:56 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/4/2010 12:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>

    >>> Don't we have a version of him called W.C. Fields?

    >> LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?
    >>

    > PS: Forgot to add Marfa is 97% border town Mexican.

    I love Fajitas!

    Meat Plow, Sep 5, 2010
  20. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/5/2010 11:38 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:00:24 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/4/2010 2:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> LMAO! I think I'm moving to Marfa. Any houses for sale close by?
    >>>

    >> PS: Forgot to add Marfa is 97% border town Mexican.

    > I love Fajitas!

    <g> No Mexican restaurants in town.

    OldGringo38, Sep 5, 2010