Sipura SPA3000 PSTN Fallback

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Watson, Apr 18, 2007.

  1. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    My setup consists of a SIP phone and DECT handset with integral TAM
    plugged into Line 1 of my SPA3k. These are then setup as extensions on
    Asterisk (Trixbox) with a couple of VOIP provider trunks and also the
    PSTN port of the SPA3k.

    Incoming calls on the PSTN line call the 's' extension on Asterisk and
    this then rings the DECT and SIP phones (setup as a group)

    Enough background - Down to the problem :) The PSU on the switch that
    the SIP phone and the Sipura are both plugged into failed leading to an
    inability to receive incoming calls. I have "Auto PSTN Fallback" set to
    "Yes" and assumed that this meant incoming PSTN calls would route
    through to Line 1 in the event of network failure and that calls made on
    Line would route through directly to the PSTN port. The failure of the
    switch has highlighted the fact that my assumption is wrong - Only
    outgoing calls fallover, not incoming.

    I think the solution to the problem is to change the SPA3k so it rings
    both Line 1 and the Asterisk s extension at the same time (taking the
    DECT extension out of the ring group). I haven't sufficiently read up
    on Sipura dial plans etc to work out how to do this yet :)

    Anyone else had this problem and solved it?

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter Watson, Apr 18, 2007