Sipura SPA2000 ATA

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by harrogate3, Apr 5, 2007.

  1. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?

    I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
    with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
    incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
    Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
    registers but will not accept or make calls.

    I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
    wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
    in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
    address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.

    I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
    work.

    Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
    sledgehammer!

    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
    harrogate3, Apr 5, 2007

  2. harrogate3

    Roger Guest

    "harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
    >
    > I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
    > with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
    > incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
    > Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
    > registers but will not accept or make calls.
    >
    > I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
    > wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
    > in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
    > address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.
    >
    > I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
    > work.
    >
    > Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
    > sledgehammer!
    >

    > --
    > Woody
    >
    > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    stupid question -
    have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter your ISP's
    DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what happens.
    Roger, Apr 5, 2007

  3. harrogate3

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:22:53 GMT, "Roger" <>
    wrote:

    >"harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
    >>
    >> I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not register
    >> with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which accepts
    >> incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured by
    >> Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
    >> registers but will not accept or make calls.
    >>
    >> I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
    >> wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual server'
    >> in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
    >> address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.
    >>
    >> I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still don't
    >> work.
    >>
    >> Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
    >> sledgehammer!
    >>

    >> --
    >> Woody
    >>
    >> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
    >>

    >stupid question -
    >have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter your ISP's
    >DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what happens.

    If, as Roger says, you haven't set up your Primary DNS etc. ....this
    is what I do:-
    Set DHCP: no
    Static IP: set to one of your choice within the subset range allowed
    by your router.
    Gateway and Primary DNS can both be set to your router IP.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Apr 5, 2007
  4. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:22:53 GMT, "Roger" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    > >> Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
    > >>
    > >> I have accounts with voip.co.uk and Sipgate and it will not

    register
    > >> with either. I also have th X-Lite softphone for Sipgate which

    accepts
    > >> incoming calls perfectly (the softphone provided ready configured

    by
    > >> Sipgate) but a 'blank' X-Lite downloaded for the voip account
    > >> registers but will not accept or make calls.
    > >>
    > >> I am running through a Belkin F5D7230-4 (V2) wireless router with
    > >> wired connections, onto a VirginMedia cable feed. The 'virtual

    server'
    > >> in the router is set to pass ports 5004-5061 (UDP) to the ATA IP
    > >> address - it will only permit one port allocation per IP address.
    > >>
    > >> I have used the Sipgate set-up for their account but it still

    don't
    > >> work.
    > >>
    > >> Any help gratefully received - before I hit the thing with a
    > >> sledgehammer!
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Woody
    > >>
    > >> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
    > >>

    > >stupid question -
    > >have you conifugrd a primary DNS on the system page? Either enter

    your ISP's
    > >DNS servers or your router address if you havent and see what

    happens.
    > If, as Roger says, you haven't set up your Primary DNS etc. ....this
    > is what I do:-
    > Set DHCP: no
    > Static IP: set to one of your choice within the subset range allowed
    > by your router.
    > Gateway and Primary DNS can both be set to your router IP.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
    still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

    harrogate3, Apr 6, 2007
  5. harrogate3

    Brian A Guest

    >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
    >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

    Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Apr 6, 2007
  6. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    > >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
    > >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

    > Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    No, still trying...........................................!

    harrogate3, Apr 6, 2007
  7. harrogate3

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
    <> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
    >> >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

    >> Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >>

    >No, still trying...........................................!

    OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP address
    of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use are
    open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier post.
    Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to occur.
    Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Apr 6, 2007
  8. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Brian A" <> wrote in message

    it
    > >> Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
    > >>
    > >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > >>

    > >No, still trying...........................................!

    > OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP

    address
    > of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use

    are
    > open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier

    post.
    > Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to

    occur.
    > Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Tnx for that Brian, but I had already tried DMZ with no joy.

    I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
    log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
    not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
    is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
    numbered.

    Having said that it puzzles me that the X-Lite softphone provided by
    Sipgate will work with incoming calls without problem, and the X-Lite
    will register correctly whether I use it withSipgate or voip.c.uk - it
    just doesn't work with calls at all with voip (I don't (yet) have
    outgoing capability with Sipgate to be able to test it.)

    harrogate3, Apr 7, 2007
  9. harrogate3 wrote:

    > I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
    > log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
    > not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
    > is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
    > numbered.

    Assuming your ISP is Virgin media (email add) I use voip.co.uk via VM
    and no problems.
    Not wishing to sound hard but hope your problem is restricted to your
    setup... ;)
    Cheers
    Duncan MacCallum, Apr 7, 2007
  10. harrogate3

    acierinox Guest

    On Apr 5, 8:20 pm, "harrogate3" <> wrote:
    > Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?
    >
    > --
    > Woody

    Have you entered the 'Cloned MAC Address' of you NIC card? I had to
    do this to get VM to work with my SPA 2102.

    Router > WAN Setup > Enable MAC Clone Service > Yes
    Router > WAN Setup > Cloned MAC Address > [the Physical Address of
    your NIC card without the dashes]

    To find the latter in Win XP and 2k, Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all
    acierinox, Apr 7, 2007
  11. harrogate3

    acierinox Guest

    On Apr 7, 9:44 am, "acierinox" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 5, 8:20 pm, "harrogate3" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to work?

    > > --
    > > Woody

    > Have you entered the 'Cloned MAC Address' of you NIC card? I had to
    > do this to get VM to work with my SPA 2102.
    >
    > Router > WAN Setup > Enable MAC Clone Service > Yes
    > Router > WAN Setup > Cloned MAC Address > [the Physical Address of
    > your NIC card without the dashes]
    >
    > To find the latter in Win XP and 2k, Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all

    just thought, if you have a router then MAC Clone Service has to be
    enabled in your router, again with the address of your PC's NIC card
    acierinox, Apr 7, 2007
  12. harrogate3

    Herman Guest

    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:02:52 GMT, "harrogate3"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Brian A" <> wrote in message

    > it

    >> >No, still trying...........................................!

    >> OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP

    > address
    >> of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use

    > are
    >> open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier

    > post.
    >> Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to

    > occur.
    >> Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >>

    > Tnx for that Brian, but I had already tried DMZ with no joy.
    >
    > I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router firewall
    > log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it does
    > not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If that
    > is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
    > numbered.
    >
    > Having said that it puzzles me that the X-Lite softphone provided by
    > Sipgate will work with incoming calls without problem, and the X-Lite
    > will register correctly whether I use it withSipgate or voip.c.uk - it
    > just doesn't work with calls at all with voip (I don't (yet) have
    > outgoing capability with Sipgate to be able to test it.)
    >

    > --
    > Woody
    >
    > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    Haven't been following the thread precisely, but as 10.120.16.1 is an
    internal IP address, I think there is some sort of IP problem somewhere on
    your network. Your router should not be blocking traffic on an internal IP
    address. Is there more than one router on your network? Are all the IP
    addresses on your network configured to 10.120.16.x with subnet
    255.255.255.0 and the same gateway and DNS server?

    I am on VirginMedia exNTL with no issues and I do not expect your issues to
    be insurmountable!
    Herman, Apr 7, 2007
  13. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > "harrogate3" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    and
    > > it

    > >> OK. I'd set the DMZ, in your router, to point to the fixed IP

    > > address
    > >> of your ATA. That way you are sure that any ports you want ot use

    > > are
    > >> open. Make sure your IPs are set up as I described in an earlier

    > > post.
    > >> Try that and report back. Also do give time for registration to

    > > occur.
    > >> Work on voip.co.uk, that is most likely to be reliable.
    > >>
    > >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > >>

    > > Tnx for that Brian, but I had already tried DMZ with no joy.
    > >
    > > I suspect my ISP may be the problem. Looking at the router

    firewall
    > > log files it is showing "Blocked by DoS 10.120.16.1" although it

    does
    > > not say if that is incoming or outgoing - I assume the former. If

    that
    > > is the case then it looks as though my days of using voip are
    > > numbered.
    > >
    > > Having said that it puzzles me that the X-Lite softphone provided

    by
    > > Sipgate will work with incoming calls without problem, and the

    X-Lite
    > > will register correctly whether I use it withSipgate or

    voip.c.uk - it
    > > just doesn't work with calls at all with voip (I don't (yet) have
    > > outgoing capability with Sipgate to be able to test it.)
    > >

    > > --
    > > Woody
    > >
    > > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    > Haven't been following the thread precisely, but as 10.120.16.1 is

    an
    > internal IP address, I think there is some sort of IP problem

    somewhere on
    > your network. Your router should not be blocking traffic on an

    internal IP
    > address. Is there more than one router on your network? Are all

    the IP
    > addresses on your network configured to 10.120.16.x with subnet
    > 255.255.255.0 and the same gateway and DNS server?
    >
    > I am on VirginMedia exNTL with no issues and I do not expect your

    issues to
    > be insurmountable!

    My internal address are all 195.168.n.n so I assumed that a 10.
    address must be coming from Virgin but before the outside world. Now
    I'm not so sure.

    My ZoneAlarm firewall log shows that it is blocking incoming from this
    address, but that would be for the PC, not the Sipura ATA.

    harrogate3, Apr 7, 2007
  14. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "acierinox" <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 7, 9:44 am, "acierinox" <> wrote:
    > > On Apr 5, 8:20 pm, "harrogate3" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Can anyone give me any advice how to get this damn thing to

    work?

    > > > --
    > > > Woody

    > > Have you entered the 'Cloned MAC Address' of you NIC card? I had

    > > do this to get VM to work with my SPA 2102.
    > >
    > > Router > WAN Setup > Enable MAC Clone Service > Yes
    > > Router > WAN Setup > Cloned MAC Address > [the Physical Address of
    > > your NIC card without the dashes]
    > >
    > > To find the latter in Win XP and 2k, Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig

    /all

    > just thought, if you have a router then MAC Clone Service has to be
    > enabled in your router, again with the address of your PC's NIC card

    Forgive me if I'm being thick, but since I have a router with four
    inputs why do I need to clone the MAC address of my PC?

    harrogate3, Apr 7, 2007
  15. harrogate3

    Paul Cupis Guest

    harrogate3 wrote:
    > My internal address are all 195.168.n.n

    192.168.x.x?

    195.168.x.x are not private according to RFC1918.
    Paul Cupis, Apr 7, 2007
  16. harrogate3

    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> >Thanks Gents. I hadn't set the Primary DNS, but I have now and it
    >> >still makes no difference, with or without DHCP active.

    >> Does this mean you have solved your problem or not?
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >>

    > No, still trying...........................................!
    >

    > --
    > Woody
    >
    > harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    I have the SPA2000 on Virgin Media set up to both sipgate and voip.co.uk. If
    you want, email me copies of your SPA2000 setup pages (minus the login name)
    and Ill take a look and compare them to mine.
    Roger, Apr 7, 2007
  17. harrogate3

    Grumpy Guest

    harrogate3 wrote:
    > "acierinox" <> wrote in message

    > work?
    >>> Have you entered the 'Cloned MAC Address' of you NIC card? I had

    >>> do this to get VM to work with my SPA 2102.
    >>>
    >>> Router > WAN Setup > Enable MAC Clone Service > Yes
    >>> Router > WAN Setup > Cloned MAC Address > [the Physical Address of
    >>> your NIC card without the dashes]
    >>>
    >>> To find the latter in Win XP and 2k, Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig

    > /all
    >> just thought, if you have a router then MAC Clone Service has to be
    >> enabled in your router, again with the address of your PC's NIC card
    >>

    > Forgive me if I'm being thick, but since I have a router with four
    > inputs why do I need to clone the MAC address of my PC?

    You used to have to register the mac address of any computer you would
    want to go online, but you were only allowed one on line at once. some
    people used to clone a computers mac address to their router in order to
    get round this.
    I dont think the the need to register a mac address with your ISP
    applies now.

    dave
    Grumpy, Apr 7, 2007
  18. harrogate3

    Tim Guest

    harrogate3 wrote:
    > My internal address are all 195.168.n.n so I assumed that a 10.
    > address must be coming from Virgin but before the outside world. Now
    > I'm not so sure.

    I think Paul has just hit the problem on the head.

    Certainly for voip.co.uk, they won't see 195.168 as a private IP
    address, so it might not work.

    You should renumber your network to use an RFC1819 style IP addresses.

    192.168.n.n

    Tim
    Tim, Apr 7, 2007
  19. harrogate3

    harrogate3 Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > harrogate3 wrote:
    > > My internal address are all 195.168.n.n so I assumed that a 10.
    > > address must be coming from Virgin but before the outside world.

    Now
    > > I'm not so sure.

    > I think Paul has just hit the problem on the head.
    >
    > Certainly for voip.co.uk, they won't see 195.168 as a private IP
    > address, so it might not work.
    >
    > You should renumber your network to use an RFC1819 style IP

    addresses.

    > 192.168.n.n
    >

    > Tim

    No, that was my Dyslexic keybrod again - fingers in a muddle. I am
    using 192.168.n.n

    harrogate3, Apr 8, 2007