Sipura SPA 3000

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Woggle, Apr 1, 2006.

  1. Woggle

    Woggle Guest

    Hi All,

    I've recently purchased a Sipura SPA 3000. However, although I've
    searched previous postings I'm having difficulty getting it up and
    running as I all I get when I try to ring out is the busy tone (i.e.
    one long continous tone). However, I know the PSTN line is ok as when I
    try dialling 123 (see dial plan below) it works.

    I've got Line 1 registered as voip.co.uk. PSTN line (also using System
    Tray Monitor is showing not registered).

    Settings changed on SPA 3000:

    System, Internet Connection Type:
    - DCHP: No
    - Statitic IP: Set to SPA static IP address
    - Netmask: (not set: is this meant to be set?)
    - Gateway: (using router - set to static IP of router)
    - Primary DNS: set to static IP of router

    SIP:
    - Handle VIA received: Yes
    - Handle VIA rport: Yes
    - Insert VIA received: Yes
    - Insert VIA rport: Yes
    - Substitute VIA addr: No
    - Send Resp to SCR port: No
    - STUN enable: Yes
    - STUN Test enable: No
    - STUN server: stun.fwdnet.net:3478
    - Ext IP

    Regional:
    - Changed tone settings to UK as it came configured with US (including
    set to GMT)

    Line 1:
    - Line Enable: Yes
    - NAT mapping enable: Yes
    - Proxy: proxy.voip.co.uk
    - Use OB proxy in dialogue: No
    - Display Name: voip.co.uk
    - User ID: As provided by voip.co.uk
    - Password: As provided by voip.co.uk
    - Use Auth ID: Yes
    - Auth Use ID: User ID as above
    - Gateway 1: sip.voip.co.uk
    - GW1 Nat Mapping Enable: Yes
    - GW1 Auth ID: User ID as above
    - GW1 Password: Cannot physically enter it
    - Dialplan:

    (999S0<:mad:gw0>|1[45]71S0<:mad:gw0>|123S0<:mad:gw0>|100S0<:mad:gw0>|152S0<:mad:gw0>|<:01245>[2-8]xx.<:mad:gw1>|xx.<:mad:gw1>|#9<:mad:gw0>)

    PSTN:
    - Only changed settings relating to regional

    On my router I've also forwarded the following ports (all TCP/UDP)

    16384-16482
    5004
    5060-5062
    8000-8012

    Can anyone help? It may be something to do with my router settings
    (Netgear DG834G)

    Thanks!
    Woggle, Apr 1, 2006

  2. Woggle

    Jono Guest

    "Woggle" <> wrote in message
    > PSTN:
    > - Only changed settings relating to regional

    This might strike you as strange, but put the same settings on the PSTN page
    that you have on Line 1 with regards to the Voip provider (username &
    password, etc)

    The PSTN Voip bit needs credentials in too, even though they'll only be used
    from line 1.
    Jono, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Woggle

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Woggle writes
    >Hi All,
    >
    >I've recently purchased a Sipura SPA 3000. H
    >Line 1:
    >- Line Enable: Yes
    >- NAT mapping enable: Yes
    >- Proxy: proxy.voip.co.uk
    >- Use OB proxy in dialogue: No
    >- Display Name: voip.co.uk
    >- User ID: As provided by voip.co.uk
    >- Password: As provided by voip.co.uk
    >- Use Auth ID: Yes
    >- Auth Use ID: User ID as above
    >- Gateway 1: sip.voip.co.uk
    >- GW1 Nat Mapping Enable: Yes
    >- GW1 Auth ID: User ID as above
    >- GW1 Password: Cannot physically enter it

    One thing that springs to mind is: why do you need voip.co.uk as gw1
    when you have it set for line 1. You don't need a gw[n] setting unless
    you want to use a different service for some numbers.
    Having said that you should be able to enter a Password - it is not
    blocked ie you should be physically able to enter it, it will then
    appear as asterixes.

    >- Dialplan:
    >
    >(999S0<:mad:gw0>|1[45]71S0<:mad:gw0>|123S0<:mad:gw0>|100S0<:mad:gw0>|152S0<:mad:gw0>|<:
    >01245>[2-8]xx.<:mad:gw1>|xx.<:mad:gw1>|#9<:mad:gw0>)

    You should have a space after each S0.
    gw1 isn't needed.

    David
    David Floyd, Apr 2, 2006
  4. Woggle

    Woggle Guest

    Thanks,

    I did that and entered the following under PSTN:

    - Line Enable: Yes
    - NAT mapping enable: Yes
    - Proxy: proxy.voip.co.uk
    - Use OB proxy in dialogue: No
    - Display Name: voip.co.uk
    - User ID: As provided by voip.co.uk
    - Password: As provided by voip.co.uk
    - Use Auth ID: Yes
    - Auth Use ID: User ID as above

    System Tray Monitor now shows completely green so the Line 1 and PSTN
    lines are registered but I still get the continous tone when I try to
    call out using Line 1. However, as above dialling 123 works fine.

    Have put the password in on gateway accounts as it wasn't there before.
    Woggle, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Woggle

    Woggle Guest

    I've also put a space after each S0 so the dialplan now looks like
    this.

    Not sure why I need to remove the gw1 bit - does the dialplan tell the
    phone to exclude the following from Line 1: i.e. 999, 1471, 1571, 123,
    100, 152?
    Woggle, Apr 2, 2006
  6. Woggle

    Woggle Guest

    Sorry, forgot to paste dialplan:

    (999S0 <:mad:gw0>|1[45]71S0 <:mad:gw0>|123S0 <:mad:gw0>|100S0 <:mad:gw0>|152S0
    <:mad:gw0>|<:01245>[2-8]xx.<:mad:gw1>|xx.<:mad:gw1>|#9<:mad:gw0>)

    Still no joy I'm afraid,

    Mark
    Woggle, Apr 2, 2006
  7. Woggle

    Jono Guest

    "Woggle" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, forgot to paste dialplan:
    >
    > (999S0 <:mad:gw0>|1[45]71S0 <:mad:gw0>|123S0 <:mad:gw0>|100S0 <:mad:gw0>|152S0
    > <:mad:gw0>|<:01245>[2-8]xx.<:mad:gw1>|xx.<:mad:gw1>|#9<:mad:gw0>)
    >
    > Still no joy I'm afraid,
    >
    > Mark

    Spaces are wrong.

    Can I suggest you try a fairly simple dial plan like:
    (xx.|<#,:>xx.<:mad:gw0>)

    Just to establish that Voip calls are OK & you can successfully dial out on
    your PSTN by inserting a # before the number.

    I've done this from memory, so hope I've remembered it properly.

    Then you need to review the thread
    http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-619.html which is long & interesting
    but holds the key to all your questions.
    Jono, Apr 2, 2006
  8. Woggle

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Woggle writes
    >I've also put a space after each S0 so the dialplan now looks like
    >this.
    >
    >Not sure why I need to remove the gw1 bit -

    gw1 - gw4 is for using other providers for outgoing calls. Since you
    are only using voip.co.ok you don't need any entries in gw1 nor any gw1
    in your dial plan. There may be a conflict here by trying to make calls
    on gw1 on an account that is already registered on Line1.
    David Floyd, Apr 2, 2006
  9. Woggle

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 2 Apr 2006, David Floyd writes
    >In message of Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Woggle writes
    >>I've also put a space after each S0 so the dialplan now looks like
    >>this.
    >>
    >>Not sure why I need to remove the gw1 bit -

    >gw1 - gw4 is for using other providers for outgoing calls. Since you
    >are only using voip.co.ok you don't need any entries in gw1 nor any gw1
    >in your dial plan. There may be a conflict here by trying to make
    >calls on gw1 on an account that is already registered on Line1.

    Sorry to follow up on my own post, but I've just it the way you have by
    using gw1 for voip.co.uk as well as Line1 and it worked. But
    nevertheless, there is no need for a gw1 dial plan since it is the same
    as Line1 registration.

    It seems as though there is another problem which I'm not competent to
    figure out. I would suggest you look at and ask questions on the
    Voxilla forums.

    David
    David Floyd, Apr 2, 2006
  10. Woggle

    Woggle Guest

    Thanks for the help -

    It was the gw1 being registered. All works perfectly!!

    Thanks
    Woggle, Apr 2, 2006