    Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the Sipura SPA-2000 is?
    Preferably online.

    TIA

    elziko, Aug 7, 2006

  2. elziko

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "elziko" <> wrote in message
    news:44d72906$0$4076$
    > Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the Sipura
    > SPA-2000 is? Preferably online.
    >
    > TIA

    eBay probably. The SPA-2000 was discontinued some time ago. The SPA-2002
    is its replacement.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 7, 2006

  3. elziko

    elziko Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > eBay probably. The SPA-2000 was discontinued some time ago. The
    > SPA-2002 is its replacement.

    I thought the SPA-2000 was current... what is the difference between the two
    and do you know of a shop online where I can get the SPA-2002 for a good
    price?

    Or are there better/cheaper products of a similar nature?

    TIA

    elziko, Aug 7, 2006
  4. elziko

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-07, elziko <> wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:

    >> eBay probably. The SPA-2000 was discontinued some time ago. The
    >> SPA-2002 is its replacement.

    > I thought the SPA-2000 was current... what is the difference between
    > the two and do you know of a shop online where I can get the SPA-2002
    > for a good price?

    The SPA-2002 has a different style of case, twice the memory and is
    designed to allow the sending of fax over IP. You'd likely be happy with
    either model.

    www.voiptalk.org do the the SPA-2002 for a decent price but how about
    trying your favourite search engine to get a comparison?

    > Or are there better/cheaper products of a similar nature?

    The 2000s and 2002s may be badged Sipura or Linksys. Also look for the
    PAP2. The price differences can be significant but you are basically
    getting the same functionality.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 7, 2006
  5. elziko

    KaShMiRi Guest

    U¿ytkownik "elziko" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> eBay probably. The SPA-2000 was discontinued some time ago. The
    >> SPA-2002 is its replacement.

    > I thought the SPA-2000 was current... what is the difference between the
    > two and do you know of a shop online where I can get the SPA-2002 for a
    > good price?
    >
    > Or are there better/cheaper products of a similar nature?

    You should be very happy with Fritz! ATA (10 sip accounts).
    Check up on avm.de but buy on ebay.de.

    KaShMiRi, Aug 7, 2006
  6. elziko

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:51:19 +0100, "KaShMiRi"
    <> wrote:

    >U¿ytkownik "elziko" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> eBay probably. The SPA-2000 was discontinued some time ago. The
    >>> SPA-2002 is its replacement.

    >> I thought the SPA-2000 was current... what is the difference between the
    >> two and do you know of a shop online where I can get the SPA-2002 for a
    >> good price?
    >>
    >> Or are there better/cheaper products of a similar nature?

    >You should be very happy with Fritz! ATA (10 sip accounts).
    >Check up on avm.de but buy on ebay.de.

    Do you particularly want the linksys/sipura SPA-2000?
    There are other similar models...SPA-2002, linksys PAP2 etc. Or the 2
    numbers ot one handset SPA-1001 (good price on
    www.broadbandstuff.co.uk - about the same price as in the US and that
    is unusual - usually UK prices are about the same in £ as they are in
    US$.)
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 7, 2006
  7. elziko

    KaShMiRi Guest

    Uzytkownik "Brian A" <> napisal

    > Do you particularly want the linksys/sipura SPA-2000?
    > There are other similar models...SPA-2002, linksys PAP2 etc. Or the 2
    > numbers ot one handset SPA-1001 (good price on
    > www.broadbandstuff.co.uk - about the same price as in the US and that
    > is unusual - usually UK prices are about the same in £ as they are in
    > US$.)

    Still, they are almost twice as expensive as on ebay.com - even including
    shipping from US.

    Grandstream ATA 486:
    E-bay: 62$ including postage to UK
    (http://cgi.ebay.com/Grandstream-ATA...1QQihZ006QQcategoryZ61840QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
    Broadbandstuff: £53
    (http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/pro...d=600&osCsid=b21e38d8554694937662d005a9dcd348)

    KaShMiRi, Aug 7, 2006
  8. elziko

    KaShMiRi Guest

    KaShMiRi, Aug 7, 2006
  9. elziko

    Jono Guest

    on 07/08/2006, Brian A supposed :

    > SPA-1001 (good price on
    > www.broadbandstuff.co.uk - about the same price as in the US and that
    > is unusual - usually UK prices are about the same in £ as they are in
    > US$.)

    It is a good price at ££32.90
    <http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=157_165&products_id=740&osCsid=34f10b9de9135db56958d6b2c4100de6>

    Do you think it's locked?
    "Installed by the end user and remotely provisioned, configured and
    maintained by the service provider"

    Jono, Aug 7, 2006
  10. elziko

    KaShMiRi Guest

    KaShMiRi, Aug 7, 2006
  11. elziko

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-07, KaShMiRi <> wrote:

    > Uzytkownik "Brian A" <> napisal
    >
    >> Do you particularly want the linksys/sipura SPA-2000?
    >> There are other similar models...SPA-2002, linksys PAP2 etc. Or the 2
    >> numbers ot one handset SPA-1001 (good price on
    >> www.broadbandstuff.co.uk - about the same price as in the US and that
    >> is unusual - usually UK prices are about the same in £ as they are in
    >> US$.)

    > Still, they are almost twice as expensive as on ebay.com - even including
    > shipping from US.

    To what extent are Import Duty and VAT liable to erode this differnce?

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 7, 2006
  12. elziko

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:46:10 +0100, "KaShMiRi"
    <> wrote:

    >Uzytkownik "Jono" <> napisal
    >
    >> Do you think it's locked?
    >> "Installed by the end user and remotely provisioned, configured and
    >> maintained by the service provider"

    Could be just some standard blurb that they have copied into the
    description. Before I bought one I'd check to see if it was locked. I
    doubt it somehow, they would surely say to which operator it was
    locked . They emphasise that the PAP2 is unlocked because they are so
    often locked to Vonage. If the 1001 is locked then it can be obtained
    for the same price, unlocked, from the US.

    Personally I don't have much faith in ebay - just too many criminals
    to deal with.

    Brian A, Aug 7, 2006
  13. elziko

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote
    in message
    > on 07/08/2006, Brian A supposed :
    >
    > > SPA-1001 (good price on
    > > www.broadbandstuff.co.uk - about the same price as in
    > > the US and that is unusual - usually UK prices are
    > > about the same in £ as they are in US$.)

    > It is a good price at ££32.90
    > <http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=157_165&products_id=740&osCsid=34f10b9de9135db56958d6b2c4100de6>
    >
    > Do you think it's locked?
    > "Installed by the end user and remotely provisioned,
    > configured and maintained by the service provider"

    It says "can be" remotely provisioned. There's a difference. Flash it with
    the latest firmware on the Sipura website and you'll be ok anyway.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 8, 2006
  14. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-08-07, KaShMiRi <> wrote:
    >
    >> Uzytkownik "Brian A" <> napisal
    >>
    >>> Do you particularly want the linksys/sipura SPA-2000?
    >>> There are other similar models...SPA-2002, linksys PAP2 etc. Or the
    >>> 2
    >>> numbers ot one handset SPA-1001 (good price on
    >>> www.broadbandstuff.co.uk - about the same price as in the US and
    >>> that
    >>> is unusual - usually UK prices are about the same in £ as they are
    >>> in
    >>> US$.)

    >> Still, they are almost twice as expensive as on ebay.com - even
    >> including
    >> shipping from US.

    > To what extent are Import Duty and VAT liable to erode this differnce?

    You might also have to take into account the couriers extra charge for
    dealing with customs formalities.

    Harry Stottle, Aug 8, 2006
  15. elziko

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:21:15 GMT, "Harry Stottle"
    <> wrote:

    >"Brian" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-08-07, KaShMiRi <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Uzytkownik "Brian A" <> napisal

    >>> Still, they are almost twice as expensive as on ebay.com - even
    >>> including
    >>> shipping from US.

    >> To what extent are Import Duty and VAT liable to erode this differnce?
    >>

    >You might also have to take into account the couriers extra charge for
    >dealing with customs formalities.

    I was in communication with someone else from the UK who ordered an
    SPA-1001 from a US supplier. He got it for about £39 inc post. He said
    he didn't get charged any duty. That seemed stange but it is what I
    was told.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 8, 2006
  16. elziko

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-08, Brian A <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:21:15 GMT, "Harry Stottle"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>You might also have to take into account the couriers extra charge for
    >>dealing with customs formalities.
    >>

    > I was in communication with someone else from the UK who ordered an
    > SPA-1001 from a US supplier. He got it for about £39 inc post. He said
    > he didn't get charged any duty. That seemed stange but it is what I
    > was told.

    If everyone could make an arrangement with Customs and Excise to get
    similar treatment, buying goods from the States, or anywhere else
    outside the EU, could result in saving money. But that's not going to
    happen.

    So a simple price comparison between two ATAs obtainable in both the UK
    and the USA is incomplete.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 8, 2006
  17. Thus spaketh Brian A:
    > On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:21:15 GMT, "Harry Stottle"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Brian" <> wrote in message

    >>> To what extent are Import Duty and VAT liable to erode this
    >>> differnce?
    >>>

    >> You might also have to take into account the couriers extra charge
    >> for dealing with customs formalities.
    >>

    > I was in communication with someone else from the UK who ordered an
    > SPA-1001 from a US supplier. He got it for about £39 inc post. He said
    > he didn't get charged any duty. That seemed stange but it is what I
    > was told.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Sometimes you get lucky and customs don't pull items over, I've had a
    few things turn up that should have attracted duty and VAT but escaped.

    --
    Caller ID Units for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 8, 2006
  18. elziko

    cestele

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    spa2000

    we have new surplus (in bulk) spa2000. what quantity are you looking for?

    cestele, Oct 12, 2006
  19. elziko

    cestele

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    spa2000

    My apologies for not including the price on my previous email. (I am new to the user group)

    We have in stock in the US brand newb Sipura SPA2000. these come with power adapter and patch cord. power adapter has the flat US prong, but they are interchangable. They are NOT in individual boxes, but they are brand new.
    price: $30.00 ea plus shipping.
    regards, ron

    +813.249.3378

    cestele, Oct 12, 2006