    configured to work at it best with this provider, if so would they be
    kind enough to post the config for me?

    Cheers, Bob

    bob garbutt, Jun 11, 2007

  2. bob garbutt wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > Anyone using this ATA with the viopcheap.co.uk service? There seems to
    > be so many settings on this adapter! as anyone got this device
    > configured to work at it best with this provider, if so would they be
    > kind enough to post the config for me?
    >
    > Cheers, Bob

    This is what I have for a Linksys PAP2, should find similar settings:

    Under Regional Tab.

    Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;60(*/0/1+2)
    Second Dial Tone: 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
    Outside Dial Tone: 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
    Prompt Tone: 520@-19,620@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
    Busy Tone: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)
    Reorder Tone: 400@-20;20(*/0/1)
    Off Hook Warning Tone: 480@-10,620@0;10(.125/.125/1+2)
    Ring Back Tone: 400@-20,450@-20;*(.4/.2/1+2,.4/2/1+2)
    Confirm Tone: 600@-16;1(.25/.25/1)
    SIT1 Tone:
    950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
    SIT2 Tone:
    914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    SIT3 Tone:
    914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.380/0/1,.380/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    SIT4 Tone:
    985@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.380/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    MWI Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;10(.75/.75/1+2)
    Cfwd Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
    DND Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/2);10(*/0/1+2)
    Holding Tone: 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1)
    Conference Tone: 350@-19;20(.1/.1/1,.1/9.7/1)
    Secure Call Indication Tone: 397@-19,507@-19;15(0/2/0,.2/.1/1,.1/2.1/2)
    Feature Invocation Tone: 350@-16;*(.1/.1/1)

    Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
    Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

    CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

    Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones to
    ring).
    Ring Frequency: 25
    Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
    CWT Frequency: 425@-20
    Synchronized Ring: Yes

    Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
    Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
    Callee On Hook Delay: 0
    Reorder Delay: 5
    Call Back Expires: 1800
    Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
    Call Back Delay: .5
    VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
    Interdigit Long Timer: 10
    Interdigit Short Timer: 3
    CPC Delay: .5
    CPC Duration: .1

    Time Zone: GMT
    FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
    Daylight Saving Time Rule:
    start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
    DTMF Playback Level: -16
    DTMF Playback Length: .25
    Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
    FXS Port Power Limit: 3
    Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
    Feature Invocation Method: Default
    More Echo Suppression: yes

    In Line 1 (or Line 2)

    Line Enable: yes
    NAT Mapping Enable: yes
    NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
    Network Jitter Level: low (Depends on how good your broadband is / route
    to VoIP server)
    Jitter Buffer Adjustment: Up and Down

    Proxy and Registration
    Proxy: Your Voip Proxy address (for example sip1.sipdiscount.com or
    sip.voipcheap.com or sipgate.co.uk etc)

    Subscriber Information - (where you enter your VoIP Account details).

    Supplementary Service Subscription - This is where you enable services
    such as Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, block anonymous caller etc)

    Audio Configuration - This is where you set-up which codecs you want to
    use or only use.
    If you have limited broadband speed (mostly if upload is poor) then you
    probably only use one or more from G729a, G723 or G726)
    If you want the best quality line, then you'd choose G711a (which is the
    standard used on a standard line)

    (Myself, I use G711a only, have that set to my preferred codec and use
    that one only, but you may find other codecs are fine).

    DTMF Tx Method: (This will depend on the VoIP service you use, trial and
    error and depends on codec) Soon know if it don't work when
    try telephone banking for example and it
    doesn't recognise what numbers you are pressing).

    Hook Flash Tx Method: None

    Dial Plan: (This is based on using
    VoIpCheap/VoIPStunt/VoIPDiscount/VoIPBuster etc)

    (*xx|0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<999:00441216874070>S0|<:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.)

    You will need to modify for you local area code etc...
    The number after <999: is the number to dial if you dial 999 - in my
    dial plan it is WM Police, the Betamax service doesn't offer 999 calling
    so shouldn't be used for emergencies as such, but if someone did dial
    999 this would at least route somewhere.

    <:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx
    This allows me to dial local Birmingham numbers without 0121 or 0044121,
    you would change 0044121 to your areacode in international format if
    using the Betamax services
    [2-8] means allow local numbers to begin with any digital between 2 and
    8 inc, you may need to change that to 2-9 if local number can start with
    a 9
    xxxxxx this is the number of digits that remain after the first digit
    in the local number for example
    809 2222 8 is the first digit and there are 6 digits left in the
    number.

    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 11, 2007

  3. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> [...]

    > The number after <999: is the number to dial if you dial 999 - in my
    > dial plan it is WM Police, the Betamax service doesn't offer 999 calling
    > so shouldn't be used for emergencies as such, but if someone did dial
    > 999 this would at least route somewhere.
    >
    > <:0044121>[2-8]xxxxxx
    > This allows me to dial local Birmingham numbers without 0121 or 0044121,
    > you would change 0044121 to your areacode in international format if
    > using the Betamax services
    > [2-8] means allow local numbers to begin with any digital between 2 and
    > 8 inc, you may need to change that to 2-9 if local number can start with
    > a 9
    > xxxxxx this is the number of digits that remain after the first digit
    > in the local number for example
    > 809 2222 8 is the first digit and there are 6 digits left in the number.

    thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings, I
    want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a
    geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to make
    outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be the
    best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats connected to
    vonage at the moment

    bob garbutt, Jun 11, 2007
  4. bob garbutt

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    bob garbutt wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> bob garbutt wrote:

    > thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings, I
    > want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a
    > geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to make
    > outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be the
    > best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats connected to
    > vonage at the moment

    Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in that message.
    Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)

    Desk Rabbit, Jun 11, 2007
  5. bob garbutt

    Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:09:13 +0100, Desk Rabbit <>
    wrote:

    >bob garbutt wrote:
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>> bob garbutt wrote:

    >> thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings, I
    >> want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a
    >> geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to make
    >> outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be the
    >> best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats connected to
    >> vonage at the moment

    >Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in that message.
    >Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)

    Time Ivor went and played with his fuddyduddy radio ham chums and
    greasy oily biker chums and left this forum to people who are not
    complaining about spammers every other day .

    , Jun 11, 2007
  6. bob garbutt wrote:
> [...]

    >> 0044121, you would change 0044121 to your areacode in international
    >> format if using the Betamax services
    >> [2-8] means allow local numbers to begin with any digital between 2
    >> and 8 inc, you may need to change that to 2-9 if local number can
    >> start with a 9
    >> xxxxxx this is the number of digits that remain after the first
    >> digit in the local number for example
    >> 809 2222 8 is the first digit and there are 6 digits left in the
    >> number.

    > thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings,
    > I want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I
    > have a geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to
    > make outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be
    > the best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats

    Afraid I've only set-up PAP2s, though I'm sure someone will be along
    shortly with details as the SPAs are a popular device.

    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 11, 2007
  7. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-06-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > bob garbutt wrote:
    >> thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings,
    >> I want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I
    >> have a geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to
    >> make outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be
    >> the best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats
    >> connected to vonage at the moment

    > Afraid I've only set-up PAP2s, though I'm sure someone will be along
    > shortly with details as the SPAs are a popular device.

    I've never used one of these either but setting the two lines up does
    not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at

    http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf

    which looks very useful.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jun 11, 2007
  8. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > bob garbutt wrote:
    > > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > > > bob garbutt wrote:

    > > thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look
    > > at my settings, I want to be able to use
    > > voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a geo
    > > number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com
    > > to make outgoing calls, because they offer more free
    > > call, what would be the best way to set that up, want
    > > to use my dect phone thats connected to vonage at the
    > > moment

    > Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in
    > that message. Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)

    Oh do shut up. Just mentioning a company isn't spamming, only promoting a
    company you work for is.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2007
  9. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:09:13 +0100, Desk Rabbit
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > bob garbutt wrote:

    > > > thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look
    > > > at my settings, I want to be able to use
    > > > voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a geo
    > > > number from them for that account and use
    > > > vopcheap.com to make outgoing calls, because they
    > > > offer more free call, what would be the best way to
    > > > set that up, want to use my dect phone thats
    > > > connected to vonage at the moment

    > > Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in
    > > that message. Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)

    > Time Ivor went and played with his fuddyduddy radio ham
    > chums and greasy oily biker chums and left this forum to
    > people who are not complaining about spammers every other
    > day .

    Tell me Ron, do you write your own posts or does your mummy write them for
    you..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2007
  10. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I've never used one of these either but setting the two
    > lines up does
    > not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at
    >
    > http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf
    >
    > which looks very useful.
    >
    > Brian.

    I've never used a PAP2 but from what I can tell they're almost identical
    in setup to a Sipura SPA-2000.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2007
  11. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> I've never used one of these either but setting the two
    >> lines up does
    >> not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at
    >>
    >> http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf
    >>
    >> which looks very useful.
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > I've never used a PAP2 but from what I can tell they're almost identical
    > in setup to a Sipura SPA-2000.
    >
    > Ivor

    thanks everyone for your help, I'll have a go at setting it up and get
    back to you if I have any problems, I'm not used to having to configure
    anything, been using plug and go devices up till now, but I'm sure this
    will be much better in the long term,

    regards, Bob

    bob garbutt, Jun 12, 2007
  12. bob garbutt

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> bob garbutt wrote:
    >>> thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look
    >>> at my settings, I want to be able to use
    >>> voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a geo
    >>> number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com
    >>> to make outgoing calls, because they offer more free
    >>> call, what would be the best way to set that up, want
    >>> to use my dect phone thats connected to vonage at the
    >>> moment

    >> Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in
    >> that message. Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)

    > Oh do shut up. Just mentioning a company isn't spamming, only promoting a
    > company you work for is.
    >
    > Ivor

    At last you agree that "What do you want from a VOIP provider" was not spam.

    Desk Rabbit, Jun 12, 2007
  13. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> I've never used one of these either but setting the two
    >> lines up does
    >> not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at
    >>
    >> http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf
    >>
    >> which looks very useful.
    >>
    >> Brian.

    > I've never used a PAP2 but from what I can tell they're almost identical
    > in setup to a Sipura SPA-2000.
    >
    > Ivor

    Think I might have either a dial plan or timing problem! If I dial via
    the dect phone and it dials from a stored number it does not always seem
    to connect, I can here the phone ringing the other number and they don't
    seem to pick up and yet they say they have picked up the line and can
    here a rustling type noise, but if I dial or receive a call from a
    mobile that seems to be ok, only ordinary numbers seem to have a problem?

    bob garbutt, Jun 12, 2007
  14. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > > > Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies
    > > > in that message. Ivor will be after you for spamming
    > > > ;-)

    > > Oh do shut up. Just mentioning a company isn't
    > > spamming, only promoting a company you work for is.
    > >
    > > Ivor
    > >

    > At last you agree that "What do you want from a VOIP
    > provider" was not spam.

    I do not. Please don't hijack this thread as well.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2007
  15. bob garbutt

    alexd Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Tell me Ron, do you write your own posts or does your mummy write them for
    > you..?

    What exactly do you think that stooping to his level is going to achieve?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:11:12 up 44 days, 20:12, 3 users, load average: 0.23, 0.26, 0.21

    alexd, Jun 12, 2007
  16. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    > > Tell me Ron, do you write your own posts or does your
    > > mummy write them for you..?

    > What exactly do you think that stooping to his level is
    > going to achieve?

    Not a lot, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let him have the last word.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2007
  17. bob garbutt

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >>> Oh do shut up. Just mentioning a company isn't
    >>> spamming, only promoting a company you work for is.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor
    >>>

    >> At last you agree that "What do you want from a VOIP
    >> provider" was not spam.

    > I do not. Please don't hijack this thread as well.

    Are you sure its a thread? You don't want to call it something else like
    a custard tart or a wombat?

    Desk Rabbit, Jun 12, 2007
  18. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Are you sure its a thread? You don't want to call it
    > something else like a custard tart or a wombat?

    Sigh..

    <Plonk>

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 12, 2007
  19. bob garbutt

    Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:41:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Sigh..

    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..
    Sigh..

    , Jun 13, 2007
  20. bob garbutt

    Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:41:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"

    Clever twat twat tw.......

    Rob

    Rob, Jun 13, 2007