    I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London. Where? Thank
    you.

    , May 13, 2006

  2. Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:09:25 +0100, wrote:

    >I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London. Where? Thank
    >you.

    Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only £19.99. RRP £50+

    , May 13, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:09:25 +0100, wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London.
    > > Where? Thank you.

    > Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only
    > £19.99. RRP £50+

    A PAP2 is not a Sipura. Ok it is in effect, but it isn't, if you know what
    I mean. Besides, the OP didn't say which Sipura he wanted. The PAP2 is
    effectively an SPA-2000 in different clothes, but it definitely isn't a
    3000 or a 1001..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 13, 2006
  4. Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 13:42:44 +0100, wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:09:25 +0100, wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London. Where? Thank
    >>you.

    >Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only £19.99. RRP £50+

    There are risks doing this.
    If you succeeed in unlocking I'd be interested in what method you
    used. I know that it can be very risky - easy to end up with a
    paperwieght!
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 13, 2006
  5. Graham Guest

    On the strength of a posting on this newsgroup I bought one a few weeks ago.

    Five Minutes Googleing and I had detailed instructions

    A further ten Minutes was required to get the two .bin files required

    This was because Linksys (Ci$co) had threatened legal action to sites that
    they found carrying them. I won't therefore provide a link here.

    I will simply suggest you Google the filenames.bin when you discover what
    they are called.

    You also need a TFTP server running to upload to the PAP, I used the free
    one from http://solarwinds.net/Download-Tools.htm

    It was also suggested that if the PAP in its Vonage guise was exposed to the
    Internet

    it could somehow download a patch that would thwart your efforts so I didn't
    take any chances and disconnected the phone line from the router.

    Basically you upload the first file, log into the web interface, turn off
    theVonage "provisioning" then upload the second file, which I suppose is the
    clean pap2 version.

    I suppose there was some risk; my main fear is the files may have been
    planted to kill the ATA!

    Graham, May 13, 2006
  6. Graham wrote:

    > I suppose there was some risk; my main fear is the files may have been
    > planted to kill the ATA!

    You were lucky, this security hole was plugged a while back.

    Thomas Kenyon, May 14, 2006
  7. Tim Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > A PAP2 is not a Sipura. Ok it is in effect, but it isn't, if you know what
    > I mean. Besides, the OP didn't say which Sipura he wanted. The PAP2 is
    > effectively an SPA-2000 in different clothes, but it definitely isn't a
    > 3000 or a 1001..!

    There are some slight hardware differences between the PAP2 and Sipura-200x

    Tim

    Tim, May 15, 2006
  8. Bert Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:09:25 +0100, wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London.
    > > > Where? Thank you.

    > > Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only
    > > £19.99. RRP £50+

    > A PAP2 is not a Sipura. Ok it is in effect, but it isn't, if you know what
    > I mean. Besides, the OP didn't say which Sipura he wanted. The PAP2 is
    > effectively an SPA-2000 in different clothes, but it definitely isn't a
    > 3000 or a 1001..!
    >
    > Ivor

    Ivor, is a SPA-1001 OK?? Was thinking of buying one.

    Bert, May 15, 2006
  9. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Bert" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > <> wrote in message

    > > > Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only
    > > > £19.99. RRP £50+

    > > A PAP2 is not a Sipura. Ok it is in effect, but it
    > > isn't, if you know what I mean. Besides, the OP didn't
    > > say which Sipura he wanted. The PAP2 is effectively an
    > > SPA-2000 in different clothes, but it definitely isn't
    > > a 3000 or a 1001..!
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Ivor, is a SPA-1001 OK?? Was thinking of buying one.

    The 1001 has capacity for two SIP accounts but only one phone port. You
    can select which account to dial out on by a prefix code and the phone
    will ring with different ring cadences for each line, but obviously with
    only one phone port you can only use one account at once, and I'm not
    altogether sure what happens if you get an incoming call on line 2 while
    you're on a call on line 1 etc., maybe someone with a 1001 can advise
    further..? I have one coming as a spare and for travelling, but I haven't
    got it yet so can't comment further.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2006
  10. Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 13:42:44 +0100, wrote:

    >>I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London. Where? Thank
    >>you.

    >Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only £19.99. RRP £50+

    I don't want a PAP2, I want a Sipura 2100. Where can I buy one retail
    please?

    , May 16, 2006
  11. Jono Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 May 2006 13:42:44 +0100, wrote:
    >
    >>>I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London. Where? Thank
    >>>you.

    >>Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only £19.99. RRP £50+

    > I don't want a PAP2, I want a Sipura 2100. Where can I buy one retail
    > please?

    In London? No idea.

    You could, however, have bought & received one from here
    <http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_linksys.html> in the time it's taken
    between your first request & this one.

    Jono, May 16, 2006
  12. Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:30:21 +0100, "Jono" <>
    wrote:

    >http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_linksys.html

    Except that broadbandbuyer are considerably cheaper.
    Provu: £75.75
    BBB: £54.36

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 17, 2006
  13. Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:24:35 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:30:21 +0100, "Jono" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_linksys.html

    >Except that broadbandbuyer are considerably cheaper.
    >Provu: £75.75
    >BBB: £54.36
    >
    >Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Just realised that the Provu price didn't even include VAT.
    So revised comparision...
    Provu: £89.00
    BBB: £54.36
    Difference:£34,65 !
    (haven't checked out the postage but BBB don't overcharge afaik).
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 17, 2006
  14. B. Wright Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:09:25 +0100, wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am looking to buy a Sipura ATA from a shop in London.
    > > > Where? Thank you.

    > > Get a pap2 from Currys digital and unlock it. Only
    > > ?19.99. RRP ?50+

    > A PAP2 is not a Sipura. Ok it is in effect, but it isn't, if you know what
    > I mean. Besides, the OP didn't say which Sipura he wanted. The PAP2 is
    > effectively an SPA-2000 in different clothes, but it definitely isn't a
    > 3000 or a 1001..!

    It actually can be a 1001 also (with the second physical port
    being useless but still running two SIP accounts out port 1). Go look
    around if you're interested in discovering how.

    The 1001 is great, I prefer it to the 2000/2002 since it's
    smaller and I never used the second port on my 2000s. I did, however,
    use the dual SIP account feature many times on a 1001. It's too bad
    Sipura never made it an option to combine both accounts onto one port on
    the dual port adapters at the expense of not being able to use the
    second port and/or run both accounts on both ports simultaneously.

    B. Wright, May 24, 2006