    Can anyone confirm this please.

    Thanks,
    David (in the UK)

    David Floyd, Mar 30, 2005

  2. The voice features on the 2100 are virtually identical to the 2000. The
    3000 has some unique features due to the FXO interface.

    I am using both 2100s and 3000s in my network. Both work great, and have a
    lot of dial plan flexibility. The firmware is very stable and reliable.

    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, Apr 2, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Mike Schumann writes
    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have been reading up about Sipura and looked at the forums on Voxilla.
    >>
    >> The SPA3000 looks good, but it doesn't offer QoS.
    >>
    >> Does anyone here use the SPA2100 and know if you can use several different
    >> SIP accounts for outgoing calls (using a dial plan) like you can on the
    >> 3000.
    >>
    >> Also, as it has 2 FXS ports I assume you can have 2 incoming SIP accounts.
    >>
    >> Can anyone confirm this please.

    >The voice features on the 2100 are virtually identical to the 2000. The
    >3000 has some unique features due to the FXO interface.
    >
    >I am using both 2100s and 3000s in my network. Both work great, and have a
    >lot of dial plan flexibility. The firmware is very stable and reliable.

    Thanks for replying. As you are using a 2100 are you able to answer my
    query as above ( and repeated here following) ie:

    Do you know if the SPA2100 can use several different SIP accounts for
    OUTGOING calls (using a dial plan) like you can on the 3000.

    Also, as it has 2 FXS ports I assume you can have 2 incoming SIP
    accounts.

    Many thanks,

    David
    (in the UK)

    David Floyd, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Each FSX channel is seperate, so you can have a different SIP account for
    each. Outbound, you should be able to imbed the same information in the
    dial plan that you can in the 2000, eventhough I have never tried to do
    exactly what you want to do.

    Try the Sipura forum at
    http://voxilla.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=14. You might
    find more info there.

    Good Luck,

    Mike Schumann, Apr 2, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Mike Schumann writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Do you know if the SPA2100 can use several different SIP accounts for
    >> OUTGOING calls (using a dial plan) like you can on the 3000.
    >>

    > Outbound, you should be able to imbed the same information in the
    >dial plan that you can in the 2000,

    I know nothing about the 2000, I was trying to make a comparison with
    the 3000 (which you say you also use) and whether outbound calls can use
    many different SIP accounts (eg gw1-gw4) by using dial plans as with the
    3000)

    >Try the Sipura forum at
    >http://voxilla.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=14. You might
    >find more info there.

    I have spent many hours searching that forum, but there is very little
    on there about the 2100.

    Many thanks,
    David

    David Floyd, Apr 2, 2005
  6. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Mike Schumann wrote:
    > The voice features on the 2100 are virtually identical to the 2000.
    > The 3000 has some unique features due to the FXO interface.
    >
    > I am using both 2100s and 3000s in my network. Both work great,
    > and have a lot of dial plan flexibility. The firmware is very
    > stable and reliable.

    I use the 2000 as I don't need an FXO port or a built in router and it
    works fine. I have an intermittent problem in that calls between the 2
    'lines' don't always work (no audio) but I think that's a NAT problem. Not
    that I need to phone myself very often ;-)

    Apart from that it's an excellent unit, very flexible. Works well as 2 of
    the incoming lines on my PABX.

    --
    Ivor

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    Ivor Jones, Apr 2, 2005
  7. The voice programming on the 2100 is similar to the FXS port on the 3000.
    The 2100 has 2 FXS ports that are independant, just like the 2000.

    Unless you are doing something very unusual, the 2100 should work for you.
    With the price being only ~$90, I would suggest you buy one and try it. If
    you can't make it work, you shouldn't have any trouble unloading it on e-bay
    at a minor discount.

    Mike Schumann, Apr 3, 2005