Sipura:Inserting pauses into dial plan

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    Dialling plan with a pause:
    I want to route my calls through an 0800 provider. I need to insert a
    4 second pause between the 0800 and my dialled number.
    I can get the number to dial :-
    (P0 <:0800etc>)
    This means that after 0 seconds the number is dialled - that works!
    However I want to dial my number and have it insert at the end of the
    0800 number after 4 seconds.
    I thought something like this might work..
    (P0 <:0800etc P4>xx. ) but it doesn't.

    There is some information on 'pause' on page 87 of the Sipura user
    guide but, as usual, the information is sparce.

    I have seen several questions posted on various forums re this but no
    satisfactory answers.
    Produce a practical working example and you could be the first!

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Brian A writes
    >Dialling plan with a pause:
    >I want to route my calls through an 0800 provider. I need to insert a
    >4 second pause between the 0800 and my dialled number.
    >I can get the number to dial :-
    >(P0 <:0800etc>)
    >This means that after 0 seconds the number is dialled - that works!
    >However I want to dial my number and have it insert at the end of the
    >0800 number after 4 seconds.
    >I thought something like this might work..
    >(P0 <:0800etc P4>xx. ) but it doesn't.
    >
    >There is some information on 'pause' on page 87 of the Sipura user
    >guide but, as usual, the information is sparce.
    >
    >I have seen several questions posted on various forums re this but no
    >satisfactory answers.
    >Produce a practical working example and you could be the first!

    What you require cannot be done with Sipura ATAs. I would also suggest
    you visit the Voxilla forums where there are more informed people
    regarding this subject.

    David
    David Floyd, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:46:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Brian A writes
    >>Dialling plan with a pause:
    >>I want to route my calls through an 0800 provider. I need to insert a
    >>4 second pause between the 0800 and my dialled number.
    >>I can get the number to dial :-
    >>(P0 <:0800etc>)
    >>This means that after 0 seconds the number is dialled - that works!
    >>However I want to dial my number and have it insert at the end of the
    >>0800 number after 4 seconds.
    >>I thought something like this might work..
    >>(P0 <:0800etc P4>xx. ) but it doesn't.
    >>
    >>There is some information on 'pause' on page 87 of the Sipura user
    >>guide but, as usual, the information is sparce.
    >>
    >>I have seen several questions posted on various forums re this but no
    >>satisfactory answers.
    >>Produce a practical working example and you could be the first!
    >>

    >What you require cannot be done with Sipura ATAs. I would also suggest
    >you visit the Voxilla forums where there are more informed people
    >regarding this subject.
    >
    >David

    Thank you David. That in itself is very useful - no point trying to
    achieve the impossible. I could use an Asterisk box then or I might
    just use an Orchid box - can't see any reason why not.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Brian A writes
    >On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:46:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>What you require cannot be done with Sipura ATAs. I would also suggest
    >>you visit the Voxilla forums where there are more informed people
    >>regarding this subject.
    >>
    >>David

    >Thank you David. That in itself is very useful - no point trying to
    >achieve the impossible. I could use an Asterisk box then or I might
    >just use an Orchid box - can't see any reason why not.

    That's what I use for this purpose - an Orchid Box - with the Sipura.

    David
    David Floyd, Sep 6, 2005