    Anyone know if the Sipura 1000 supports full duplex Ethernet?

    I noticed it only supports 10baseT, not 100baseT.

    , Jul 22, 2006

  2. wrote:
    >Anyone know if the Sipura 1000 supports full duplex Ethernet?
    >I noticed it only supports 10baseT, not 100baseT.

    Why does it matter? If you are only transferring a few dozens of
    kilobits, 10BaseT HD is plenty fast enough...

    All things being equal I'd take the faster interface too, but I
    woudn't get stuck on it...

    William P.N. Smith, Jul 22, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    "William P.N. Smith" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > wrote:
    > > Anyone know if the Sipura 1000 supports full duplex
    > > Ethernet? I noticed it only supports 10baseT, not
    > > 100baseT.

    > Why does it matter? If you are only transferring a few
    > dozens of kilobits, 10BaseT HD is plenty fast enough...
    >
    > All things being equal I'd take the faster interface too,
    > but I woudn't get stuck on it...

    Exactly, I have a Sipura SPA-2000 which only communicates with the network
    switch at 10Mbps but so what..? G711a only requires 80k or so in each
    direction, 10base T is more than enough. Is your call quality ok..? Mine
    is fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 22, 2006