    provider?
    * How to force a call to use the 2nd provider ?

    Thanks for your help

    Philippe Deleye, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Philippe Deleye

    Steve Barlow Guest

    Steve Barlow, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Philippe Deleye

    Jono Guest

    Philippe Deleye brought next idea :
    > I have a Sipura 3000 which I did not use for more than 1 year, as I switched
    > to the german-made Fritz Box
    > Of course, after 1 year I forgot all about setting up this Sipura ;)
    >
    > Now I wanted to install this Sipura device in my doughters student room,
    > where she has broadband
    > Altough the Sipura 3000 has 2 phone ports (FSX, FSO or 1 line and 1 phone
    > connector) it is not the intention to conncet to a PSTN line
    >
    > Can you please remind me how to setup ?
    >
    > * I would like to setup 2 Voip accounts (one for receiving calls on a
    > VOIP-IN number) and another for making outgoing calls (using
    > voipcheap.com) - is this possible ?
    > * What would be the dialplan to force all calls to the default outgoing VOIP
    > provider?
    > * How to force a call to use the 2nd provider ?
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    Have a look here <www.leafcom.co.uk> for detailed instructions.

    AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has
    to allow calls to be made without registration. However, if you use the
    voxalot idea, this can be overcome.

    Jono, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Philippe Deleye

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Jono writes
    >Philippe Deleye brought next idea :
    >> I have a Sipura 3000 which I did not use for more than 1 year, as I switched
    >> to the german-made Fritz Box
    >> Of course, after 1 year I forgot all about setting up this Sipura ;)
    >>
    >> Now I wanted to install this Sipura device in my doughters student room,
    >> where she has broadband
    >> Altough the Sipura 3000 has 2 phone ports (FSX, FSO or 1 line and 1 phone
    >> connector) it is not the intention to conncet to a PSTN line
    >>
    >> Can you please remind me how to setup ?
    >>
    >> * I would like to setup 2 Voip accounts (one for receiving calls on a
    >> VOIP-IN number) and another for making outgoing calls (using
    >> voipcheap.com) - is this possible ?
    >> * What would be the dialplan to force all calls to the default outgoing VOIP
    >> provider?
    >> * How to force a call to use the 2nd provider ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help

    >Have a look here <www.leafcom.co.uk> for detailed instructions.
    >
    >AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has
    >to allow calls to be made without registration.

    Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

    David Floyd, Aug 28, 2006
  5. Philippe Deleye

    Jono Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for your help

    >>Have a look here <www.leafcom.co.uk> for detailed instructions.
    >>
    >>AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has to
    >>allow calls to be made without registration.

    > Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

    Please show me how to use a gateway for a provider that requires the ATA to
    register with their server.

    Jono, Aug 29, 2006
  6. Philippe Deleye

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Jono writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    >>>Have a look here <www.leafcom.co.uk> for detailed instructions.
    >>>
    >>>AFAIK, in order to dial out with a second provider, this provider has to
    >>>allow calls to be made without registration.

    >> Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

    >Please show me how to use a gateway for a provider that requires the ATA to
    >register with their server.

    By entering your personal details (account, password etc) in the 4 boxes
    for the gateway, doesn't that make registration as soon as you initiate
    the call?

    David Floyd, Aug 29, 2006
  7. Philippe Deleye

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:29:53 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Jono writes
    >>
    >>"David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not necessarily so. You use up to 4 gateways.

    >>Please show me how to use a gateway for a provider that requires the ATA to
    >>register with their server.
    >>

    >By entering your personal details (account, password etc) in the 4 boxes
    >for the gateway, doesn't that make registration as soon as you initiate
    >the call?

    Yes you are right but I think what Jono was meaning is that some
    providers require you to be permanently registered or you sort of
    'drop off' and it is not so quick to reregister. I think that this is
    true of some OZ providers. I keep some providers 'warmed up' on
    voxalot. Afaik if you set to 'register' on voxalot it keeps that
    provider registered al the time.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 29, 2006
  8. Philippe Deleye

    BY Guest

    Brian A brought next idea :
    > Yes you are right but I think what Jono was meaning

    Ta.

    BY, Aug 29, 2006