    before dialing out ?
    How can I change this ?

    tnx in advance for your help

    Philippe Deleye, Jul 3, 2005

  2. In article <42c7dfc9$0$18642$>,
    "Philippe Deleye" <> writes:
    > My Sipura 3k does not dial out on the PSTN
    >
    > The Sipura is connceted to a internal line on my private PBX
    > Therefore the dialing tone (internal line) is different from the external
    > dialtone ...
    >
    > Is it possible that the Sipura 3000 checks the line for a "valid" dialtone
    > before dialing out ?
    > How can I change this ?

    I don't think it does listen for a dialtone, but it will check the
    line voltage before going off-hook and probably the line current
    whilst off-hook, and these might be quite different from a BT line.
    You might need to get the electrical interfacing specs for your BPX,
    or play around with the sipura's settings for these by trial and error,
    or measure them with a known working handset on the line.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Philippe Deleye

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <> wrote in message
    > My Sipura 3k does not dial out on the PSTN
    >
    > The Sipura is connceted to a internal line on my private PBX
    > Therefore the dialing tone (internal line) is different from the
    > external
    > dialtone ...
    >
    > Is it possible that the Sipura 3000 checks the line for a "valid"
    > dialtone
    > before dialing out ?
    > How can I change this ?
    >
    > tnx in advance for your help

    Are you connecting the Sipura to an extension port or an exchange line
    port..? It needs to be the latter. My Sipura 2000 is connected to 2 of the
    "exchange" lines on my PABX and it works fine. It doesn't check for a dial
    tone.

    You might want to check the programming of your exchange to see if there
    is a delay set for passing dialled digits out to the "public" exchange
    after 9 or whatever digit is used to select the line is dialled. Or add a
    pause if it's a memory stored number.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 3, 2005