    Thanks very much in advance.

    Regards

    , Sep 4, 2005

  2. Brian A Guest

    On 4 Sep 2005 03:32:52 -0700, wrote:

    >I am looking for VOIP hardware which supports 3 VOIP ports and 1 PSTN
    >port - just a basic homeoffice device. I guess Sipura 3000 will serve
    >my purpose.
    >Can someone point me to the cheapest source in the UK (or US) for the
    >device, I should be grateful.
    >
    >Also, if there is an alternative device which will do what Sipura 3000
    >will do then please also suggest a link.
    >
    >Thanks very much in advance.
    >
    >Regards

    Cheapest I've found for the SPA-3000 in the UK is
    www.broadbandstuff.co.uk
    they deliver quickly and they don't overcharge on the postage as some
    do.
    However, I often find that the Americans pay in $ what we pay in £.
    The problem though is when you import you get VAT and import duty.
    If you want to guard against the level of import duty you can contact
    the customs people and they will agree a level of tax with you in
    advance. That level will be binding on them and suitable documentation
    will be produced to verify this. I haven't actually done this myself
    but I have discussed it with customs. There are pages on the Net that
    give tax levels for various items but finding something like an ATA
    might be difficult - hence the possible need to contact them.

    I think that an Asterisk set up will be best for your purposes - but
    I'll leave the experts to comment on that.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 4, 2005

  3. Guest

    thanks for your prompt response....The idea of contacting HM Customs is
    a good one. I will do that.

    The other option that has emerged is the Sipura 841. Which seems to do
    all the above (provided you buy a 4 line license which only costs $30).
    Looking at 3000 as well as 841 now.

    Any experiences and comments will be gratefully received

    , Sep 4, 2005