Sipura 3000 Answering Withheld calls

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Andi Strain, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Andi Strain

    Andi Strain Guest

    I'm currently trying to setup my Sipura 3000 as an FXO to my Asterisk
    box. I have set it up so that I have the following settings under the
    PSTN User tab.

    Cfwd Sel1 Caller:* Cfwd Sel1 Dest:99

    so that all incoming numbers from the PSTN are forwarded to an
    Asterisk extension.

    This works perfectly for callers that present their numbers, but
    unfortunately the Sipura will answer the call and wait for a PIN for
    any calls that have no number (ie Withheld or Unavailable call).

    I have tried entering 'WITHHELD' and a space in the Cfwd Sel2 Caller
    option without any luck.

    Does anybody have any experience with this problem?

    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

    Kind regards

    Andi

    Andi Strain, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Andi Strain

    Mark Adamson Guest

    > I'm currently trying to setup my Sipura 3000 as an FXO to my Asterisk
    > box. I have set it up so that I have the following settings under the
    > PSTN User tab.
    >
    > Cfwd Sel1 Caller:* Cfwd Sel1 Dest:99
    >
    > so that all incoming numbers from the PSTN are forwarded to an
    > Asterisk extension.
    >
    > This works perfectly for callers that present their numbers, but
    > unfortunately the Sipura will answer the call and wait for a PIN for
    > any calls that have no number (ie Withheld or Unavailable call).
    >
    > I have tried entering 'WITHHELD' and a space in the Cfwd Sel2 Caller
    > option without any luck.
    >
    > Does anybody have any experience with this problem?
    >
    > Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >

    > Andi

    Haven't tried this myself but this is from the sipura faq. hope that helps
    4: How can I forward all PSTN callers to a VoIP number?
    A: You can use specify a dial plan to be used by the default PSTN caller
    with
    a hot line syntax: (S0< :voip_number >) where voip_number is replaced
    with
    the actual phone number (or sip url) of the VoIP destination.

    Mark Adamson, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Andi Strain

    Andi Strain Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:29:32 +0100, "Mark Adamson"
    <> wrote:

    >> I'm currently trying to setup my Sipura 3000 as an FXO to my Asterisk
    >> box. I have set it up so that I have the following settings under the
    >> PSTN User tab.
    >>
    >> Cfwd Sel1 Caller:* Cfwd Sel1 Dest:99
    >>
    >> so that all incoming numbers from the PSTN are forwarded to an
    >> Asterisk extension.
    >>
    >> This works perfectly for callers that present their numbers, but
    >> unfortunately the Sipura will answer the call and wait for a PIN for
    >> any calls that have no number (ie Withheld or Unavailable call).
    >>
    >> I have tried entering 'WITHHELD' and a space in the Cfwd Sel2 Caller
    >> option without any luck.
    >>
    >> Does anybody have any experience with this problem?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    >>
    >> Kind regards
    >>

    >> Andi

    >Haven't tried this myself but this is from the sipura faq. hope that helps
    >4: How can I forward all PSTN callers to a VoIP number?
    >A: You can use specify a dial plan to be used by the default PSTN caller
    >with
    > a hot line syntax: (S0< :voip_number >) where voip_number is replaced
    >with
    > the actual phone number (or sip url) of the VoIP destination.

    Thanks Mark for the quick reply. That seems to have done the trick.

    Andi

    Andi Strain, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Andi Strain

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:58:52 +0100, Andi Strain <atspublic at
    dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

    > This works perfectly for callers that present their numbers, but
    > unfortunately the Sipura will answer the call and wait for a PIN for
    > any calls that have no number (ie Withheld or Unavailable call).

    What a brilliant feature! - it would sure stuff all those unwanted
    marketing calls!

    Sorry for not being serious - couldn't resist.

    Alan Foster, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Andi Strain

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:58:52 +0100, Andi Strain
    > <atspublic at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
    >

    > > This works perfectly for callers that present their
    > > numbers, but unfortunately the Sipura will answer the
    > > call and wait for a PIN for any calls that have no
    > > number (ie Withheld or Unavailable call).

    > What a brilliant feature! - it would sure stuff all those
    > unwanted marketing calls!
    >
    > Sorry for not being serious - couldn't resist.

    Now there's an idea..! I have a backdoor number into my PABX which gives
    internal dial tone, that would flummox them ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 7, 2005