    VoipBuster / VoipCheap outgoing?

    Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Rob

    Sean Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA
    > 1001) configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and
    > VoipBuster / VoipCheap outgoing?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

    I think so, i have with my Linksys PAP2, similar thing
    Sean, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Rob

    flibble Guest

    "Rob" <robin@.uk.org.brol> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA 1001)
    > configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and VoipBuster /
    > VoipCheap outgoing?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

    According to the sipgate website, the 1001 supports to registrations so
    would work. My sipura 3000 only supports one registration so only works on
    outgoing with suppliers that dont require SIP registering. AFAIK voipcheap
    can't be used from any equipment other than their own but I would gladly be
    proved wrong.

    Also, unlike with the call18866 sip service, your CID will be withheld. For
    a while I had the ultimate of having free sipgate incoming with 1p calls
    outgoing on call18866 sip and my sipgate number would come up on CLI. Sadly
    those days (about 12!) are over :(

    Mark
    flibble, Aug 22, 2005
  4. Rob

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > Hi.
    >
    > Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at
    > getting the SPA 1001) configured to 2 accounts....eg.
    > Sipgate or FWD incoming, and VoipBuster / VoipCheap
    > outgoing?
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

    Yes, you should have no problem. I have a Sipgate and a FWD account on
    mine. It's easier if they are voth from the same provider but it should
    work ok with different systems for the most part. Sometimes there can be
    problems if one provider wants a different setting for STUN, say but I
    haven't had a problem so far.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 22, 2005
  5. Rob

    Oldie Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:42:48 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >Rob wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA
    >> 1001) configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and
    >> VoipBuster / VoipCheap outgoing?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Rob

    >I think so, i have with my Linksys PAP2, similar thing

    But can you do both on one (single line) handset?

    Oldie
    Oldie, Aug 22, 2005
  6. Rob

    Dave Gill Guest

    Oldie <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:42:48 +0100, Sean
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Rob wrote:
    > >> Hi.
    > >>
    > >> Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA
    > >> 1001) configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and
    > >> VoipBuster / VoipCheap outgoing?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Rob

    > >I think so, i have with my Linksys PAP2, similar thing

    > But can you do both on one (single line) handset?

    With the Sipura 1001 even though you only have one phone port you can
    still receive incoming calls for both accounts (with a different ring
    pattern for each account if you want) and you can still make outgoing
    calls on both accounts - one "line" is your outgoing default (you can
    choose which) and you can swap to the other one (on a call by call
    basis) by keying "#" before the number you're dialling.

    Dave Gill, Aug 22, 2005
  7. Rob

    Oldie Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:19:35 +0100,
    (Dave Gill) wrote:

    >Oldie <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:42:48 +0100, Sean
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >I think so, i have with my Linksys PAP2, similar thing

    >> But can you do both on one (single line) handset?

    >With the Sipura 1001 even though you only have one phone port you can
    >still receive incoming calls for both accounts (with a different ring
    >pattern for each account if you want) and you can still make outgoing
    >calls on both accounts - one "line" is your outgoing default (you can
    >choose which) and you can swap to the other one (on a call by call
    >basis) by keying "#" before the number you're dialling.

    Yes, but Sean was talking about the PAP2. If he can do it on that, I'd
    be very interested to hear how.

    Oldie
    Oldie, Aug 22, 2005
  8. Rob

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Oldie" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Yes, but Sean was talking about the PAP2. If he can do it
    > on that, I'd be very interested to hear how.
    >
    > Oldie

    You can't AFAIK but if you used a 2-line phone such as the excellent BT
    Converse 2025 it would be almost the same. You can even conference the two
    lines together with it, it's very useful..!

    Of course if you want a DECT solution it's a bit more complicated, there
    are 2-line DECT phones but they aren't cheap. I do it via a PABX but that
    wouldn't suit everyone of course.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 22, 2005
  9. Rob

    Lee Guest

    > Hi.
    >
    > Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA 1001)
    > configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and VoipBuster /
    > VoipCheap outgoing?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

    Don't know about the 1001, but the 2100 definitely allows this. The 3000
    allows connection of one of the VoIP accounts to/from PSTN also.
    Lee, Aug 23, 2005
  10. Rob

    Lee Guest

    "flibble" <> wrote in message
    > My sipura 3000 only supports one registration so only works on outgoing
    > with suppliers that dont require SIP registering.

    Hi

    My Sipura 3000 handles two registrations - in theory, one for the handset
    [Line 1] and the other linked to/from the PSTN port [PSTN Line]. However it
    is possible to divert incoming calls on the PSTN line to Line 1.

    HTH
    Lee, Aug 23, 2005
  11. Rob

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "Lee" <> wrote in message

    > "flibble" <> wrote in message
    >> My sipura 3000 only supports one registration so only works on outgoing
    >> with suppliers that dont require SIP registering.

    > Hi
    >
    > My Sipura 3000 handles two registrations - in theory, one for the handset
    > [Line 1] and the other linked to/from the PSTN port [PSTN Line]. However
    > it is possible to divert incoming calls on the PSTN line to Line 1.

    How? I was under the impression from voxilla forums that this was not
    possible.
    Mark Adamson, Aug 23, 2005
  12. Rob

    Sean Guest

    Oldie wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:42:48 +0100, Sean
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Rob wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi.
    >>>
    >>>Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA
    >>>1001) configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and
    >>>VoipBuster / VoipCheap outgoing?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Rob

    >>I think so, i have with my Linksys PAP2, similar thing

    > But can you do both on one (single line) handset?
    >
    > Oldie

    Nope, different handsets... oops... but with a combine-a-line it's possilbe
    Sean, Aug 23, 2005
  13. Rob

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:51:40 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Rob" <robin@.uk.org.brol> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at
    >> getting the SPA 1001) configured to 2 accounts....eg.
    >> Sipgate or FWD incoming, and VoipBuster / VoipCheap
    >> outgoing?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Rob

    >Yes, you should have no problem. I have a Sipgate and a FWD account on
    >mine. It's easier if they are voth from the same provider but it should
    >work ok with different systems for the most part. Sometimes there can be
    >problems if one provider wants a different setting for STUN, say but I
    >haven't had a problem so far.
    >
    >Ivor

    But which Sipgate have you got Ivor?
    I assume we are talking here about different incoming/outgoing
    accounts on the same handset.
    I have read different accounts. On one forum it is said you can't do
    this with Sipura. If you have done this then you have obviously
    suceeded wher others have failed. I think it might be of interest to
    many to publish the settings.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Aug 23, 2005
  14. Rob

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > But which Sipgate have you got Ivor?
    > I assume we are talking here about different
    > incoming/outgoing accounts on the same handset.
    > I have read different accounts. On one forum it is said
    > you can't do this with Sipura. If you have done this then
    > you have obviously suceeded wher others have failed. I
    > think it might be of interest to many to publish the
    > settings.

    The SPA-2000 but I don't think that's relevant to what you meant. No, I
    don't mean on a single handset, although you could do this using a 2-line
    phone (BT Converse 2025 or similar). I read the post as can you have 2
    accounts from different providers, which you can on a 2-port device like
    the 2000.

    I can do it but I use a PABX so I can select any line from any phone in
    the house but that isn't obviously practical for everybody.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 23, 2005
  15. Rob

    gumusluk Guest

    It is very easy to use the Sipura-1001 with two accounts (the same or
    different providers). The important thing is to upgrade the firmware;
    this is available from the Sipura website.
    gumusluk, Aug 23, 2005
  16. Rob

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:05:39 +0100, "Lee" <> wrote:

    >"Rob" <robin@.uk.org.brol> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA (I'm looking at getting the SPA 1001)
    >> configured to 2 accounts....eg. Sipgate or FWD incoming, and VoipBuster /
    >> VoipCheap outgoing?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Rob

    >Don't know about the 1001, but the 2100 definitely allows this. The 3000
    >allows connection of one of the VoIP accounts to/from PSTN also.

    1. With the imformation available I am tring to pinpoint what to look
    for in the specification of various ATAs to find which devices will
    cope with using seperate accounts for incoming/outgoing on the same
    handset. Any answers to this?

    2.From what I see on the Sipura web site the 2100 can do two
    'sessions' using G729 whereas the 1001, 2000 and 3000 will only do
    one.I 'm not too sure what it means by 'sessions' in this respect.
    I would have thought a session was a call - or what does it mean?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Aug 23, 2005
  17. Rob

    Lee Guest

    "Mark Adamson" <> wrote in message

    > "Lee" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "flibble" <> wrote in message
    >>> My sipura 3000 only supports one registration so only works on outgoing
    >>> with suppliers that dont require SIP registering.

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> My Sipura 3000 handles two registrations - in theory, one for the handset
    >> [Line 1] and the other linked to/from the PSTN port [PSTN Line]. However
    >> it is possible to divert incoming calls on the PSTN line to Line 1.
    >>

    > How? I was under the impression from voxilla forums that this was not
    > possible.

    Oops - maybe I was wrong. I have not actually needed to configure call
    forwarding from the "PSTN Line" Voip account to "Line 1" myself. I was sure
    it was possible, though. My father-in-law has the Sipura 2100 and he can do
    it so I assumed that I could too!
    Lee, Aug 24, 2005
  18. Rob

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "Lee" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark Adamson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Lee" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "flibble" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> My Sipura 3000 handles two registrations - in theory, one for the
    >>> handset [Line 1] and the other linked to/from the PSTN port [PSTN Line].
    >>> However it is possible to divert incoming calls on the PSTN line to Line
    >>> 1.
    >>>

    >> How? I was under the impression from voxilla forums that this was not
    >> possible.

    > Oops - maybe I was wrong. I have not actually needed to configure call
    > forwarding from the "PSTN Line" Voip account to "Line 1" myself. I was
    > sure it was possible, though. My father-in-law has the Sipura 2100 and he
    > can do it so I assumed that I could too!

    It seems like such an obvious thing for them to provide for, but my own
    attempts and hints in the manual and people on the forums have led me to
    believe it is not possible.

    I am also led to believe that there is no way of calling from the line 1
    through the pstn voip provider (though you can call out through the pstn
    port for 999 etc.). This is not so bad, as you can call out through other
    voip providers through the dial plan, but if you use two voip providers who
    both need registration, you are generally bobbed (that's bad).

    Its really odd, because it means that the 3000 is inferior to the other
    sipuras (like the 2100) in that respect. Maybe a future firmware upgrade
    will make it all dandy.

    Mark
    Mark Adamson, Aug 24, 2005