    tried looking on line but no luck yet.

    thanks
    MMcG

    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:

    > I purchased a little SiPix pocket printer A6.

    I've never heard of that. What kind of things do you plan to print on
    your pockets?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-31, Michael Mc Grenaghan <> wrote:
    > I purchased a little SiPix pocket printer A6. I have used the enclosed
    > thermal roll of paper and now am looking to purchase a 100 sheets of
    > the plain paper - not the rolls. I was told Comp USA sold them for $10
    > for 100 sheets but asking at 2 Comp USA stores they never have heard
    > of size A6 paper (nor the printer for that matter). Can anyone advise
    > me where I might purchase some sheets of plain paper? I know I will
    > have to manually feed the paper in to the top of the printer but that
    > is fine. Is this printer more suited for Europe? I am in Denver. I
    > tried looking on line but no luck yet.
    >
    > thanks
    > MMcG

    Presumably SiPix would be the people to ask <http://www.sipix.com/>, but
    the thing seems to be a pretty normal thermal printer, so the thermal
    paper sold for shop tills or fax machines should work, although you'd
    probably have to cut down larger sheets or rolls.

    The reviews that come to the first page in a Google search are dated in
    2001, so this may be a discontinued product. It doesn't make the first
    page or the products list of the SiPix web site.

    I don't think I've ever seen this printer over here in the UK; SiPix are a
    California firm. A6 is a 'European' paper size though: 148x105 mm.

    It reminds me of the pocket printers we used to have for 'pocket
    computers' and 'programmable calculators' back in the '80s. I think I
    still have an Epson one at the back of a drawer somewhere - but that was
    much lower resolution; ASCII text only, 40 characters per line, 7-pin dot
    matrix.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 31, 2006