    I can
    use it wherever I access the internet.

    Kat

    kat7890, Sep 25, 2005

  2. kat7890

    Lurch Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:48:01 +0100, "kat7890" <>
    scrawled:

    >I have a local dedicated number (0207 )

    What's your local number then?
    --
    Stuart @ SJW Electrical

    Please Reply to group

    Lurch, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Thus spaketh kat7890:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using sipgate.co.uk . it has a very powerful service for FREE..
    > I have a local dedicated number (0207 ) to make my phone calls using
    > my Laptop and I can
    > use it wherever I access the internet.
    >
    > Kat

    No such number as 0207. Do you mean 020 7nnn nnnn?

    For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
    easyMobile contact me via above site.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 25, 2005
  4. kat7890

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 25 Sep 2005, kat7890 writes
    >Hi
    >
    >I am using sipgate.co.uk . it has a very powerful service for FREE.. I have
    >a local dedicated number (0207 ) to make my phone calls using my Laptop and
    >I can
    >use it wherever I access the internet.

    Why?
    I use it without accessing the internet - with ADSL Modem and ATA and
    analogue phone!!

    David Floyd, Sep 26, 2005
  5. kat7890

    Guest

    > >I am using sipgate.co.uk . it has a very powerful service for FREE.. I have
    > >a local dedicated number (0207 ) to make my phone calls using my Laptop and
    > >I can
    > >use it wherever I access the internet.

    > Why?
    > I use it without accessing the internet - with ADSL Modem and ATA and
    > analogue phone!!

    What do you use the ADSL modem for then, if you're not
    accessing the internet?!

    David

    , Sep 26, 2005
  6. kat7890

    Lurch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:48:53 +0100, David Floyd <>
    scrawled:

    >>I am using sipgate.co.uk . it has a very powerful service for FREE.. I have
    >>a local dedicated number (0207 ) to make my phone calls using my Laptop and
    >>I can use it wherever I access the internet.

    >Why?
    >I use it without accessing the internet

    How have you managed that then?
    --
    Stuart @ SJW Electrical

    Please Reply to group

    Lurch, Sep 26, 2005
  7. kat7890

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Lurch writes
    >On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:48:53 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >scrawled:
    >
    >>>I am using sipgate.co.uk . it has a very powerful service for FREE.. I have
    >>>a local dedicated number (0207 ) to make my phone calls using my Laptop and
    >>>I can use it wherever I access the internet.

    >>Why?
    >>I use it without accessing the internet

    >How have you managed that then?

    The point I was trying to make was that you don't need a laptop/computer
    connected to the internet to make VoIP phone calls.

    DF

    David Floyd, Sep 26, 2005
  8. kat7890

    Lurch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:38:12 +0100, David Floyd <>
    scrawled:

    >The point I was trying to make was that you don't need a laptop/computer
    >connected to the internet to make VoIP phone calls.

    Well, I suppose you could. Why would you need an ADSL modem if you're
    just using VoIP on a LAN though?
    --
    Stuart @ SJW Electrical

    Please Reply to group

    Lurch, Sep 26, 2005
  9. kat7890

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Lurch" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:38:12 +0100, David Floyd
    > <> scrawled:
    >
    > > The point I was trying to make was that you don't need
    > > a laptop/computer connected to the internet to make
    > > VoIP phone calls.
    > >

    > Well, I suppose you could. Why would you need an ADSL
    > modem if you're just using VoIP on a LAN though?

    I think the point being made is that it isn't necessary to have a computer
    switched on in order to make or receive calls if you're using an ATA. If
    you're using a softphone then obviously you do. Not everyone likes to
    leave a PC on all the time.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 26, 2005
  10. kat7890

    Lurch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:50:48 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> scrawled:

    >"Lurch" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:38:12 +0100, David Floyd
    >> <> scrawled:
    >>
    >> > The point I was trying to make was that you don't need
    >> > a laptop/computer connected to the internet to make
    >> > VoIP phone calls.
    >> >

    >> Well, I suppose you could. Why would you need an ADSL
    >> modem if you're just using VoIP on a LAN though?

    >I think the point being made is that it isn't necessary to have a computer
    >switched on in order to make or receive calls if you're using an ATA. If
    >you're using a softphone then obviously you do. Not everyone likes to
    >leave a PC on all the time.

    Ah, now I'm with it. Having a slow day.
    --
    Stuart @ SJW Electrical