Sipgate Website - Can't Credit Account

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. Guest

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:47:09 +0100, "Jim Rainford"
    <> wrote:

    >My problem is that I cannot get the Sipgate website to debit my credit card
    >so that I can start to make outgoing calls.

    Just another example of Sipgate's inability to provide a 100% working
    service go with a decent ENGLISH provider like Voipfone or Gradwell .
    , Aug 31, 2005

  2. Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:26:05 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >> service go with a decent ENGLISH provider

    >www.vonage.co.uk

    Vonage aren't an English company they are bloody yanks who's fellow
    countrymen can't be bothered to go to help severe hurricane victims
    until three days after the hurricane had stuck .
    , Aug 31, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:12:38 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:26:05 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>www.vonage.co.uk
    >>>

    >> Vonage aren't an English company they are bloody yanks who's fellow
    >> countrymen can't be bothered to go to help severe hurricane victims
    >> until three days after the hurricane had stuck .

    >ahh but you use www.vonage.co.uk dont you dex and arent you HAPPY with their
    >service so far.

    I am also just has happy with Voipfone and Voipcheap .
    , Aug 31, 2005
  4. Jim Rainford Guest

    Hi All,

    As a complete newbie to VOIP I thought I'd try a Sipgate account.

    I've had no problems installing the Grandstream Budgetone 100 onto my
    Draytek router.

    My problem is that I cannot get the Sipgate website to debit my credit card
    so that I can start to make outgoing calls. I've obtained a Security code by
    dialling 10200. I've entered my credit card details correctly (trying three
    different cards across three separate PCs in case it was a PC error at my
    end). The credit cards are all perfectly valid etc.

    All that happens after I submit my details is an error message on the
    results page. This (so helpfully) tells me to 'Enter Valid Data' or 'Enter
    Valid Security Code' and provides a 'Back' link.

    So far as the security code goes, it's a four digit number. I've noticed,
    however that the field on the website will accept up to six digits. Attempts
    to preface the four digit code with 00 have had no effect on the error
    messages.

    I've e-mailed Sipgate about it, but reading some of the posts on here it
    seems that I may have to wait for a week for them to reply.

    All I want to do is give them some bl***y money!

    If anybody knows of a fix or workaround I'd be grateful to hear it. I know I
    could credit the account from my Bank Account (after a four day delay), but
    the experience so far is making me wonder whether this is a company that
    wants to be taken seriously!

    Thanks.

    Jim Rainford
    Jim Rainford, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Sparks Guest

    > So far as the security code goes, it's a four digit number. I've noticed,
    > however that the field on the website will accept up to six digits.
    > Attempts
    > to preface the four digit code with 00 have had no effect on the error
    > messages.

    Is the security code not the three digit number on the signature strip of
    the card?

    ...or does it ask for that somewhere else!?

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Jim Rainford Guest

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message

    > Is the security code not the three digit number on the signature strip of
    > the card?
    >
    > ..or does it ask for that somewhere else!?
    >
    > Sparks...

    No, it's not the same thing (and it does ask for it elsewhere on the form).

    The first time you credit (or attempt to credit!) the account you have to
    call 10200 and an automated voice provides a four-digit security code.

    Cheers.

    Jim
    Jim Rainford, Sep 1, 2005
  7. UKHierarchy Guest

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Jim Rainford Guest

    "UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > > service go with a decent ENGLISH provider

    > www.vonage.co.uk

    Amazingly enough, Sipgate have solved the problem. They've removed the need
    for a security number, so the card now goes through as on any normal online
    payment facility.

    The only problem is that now I think I've knackered my phone! I'll go away
    and write out 'I must not fiddle with settings when things are working' 1000
    times!

    Thanks folks.

    Jim
    Jim Rainford, Sep 1, 2005
  9. Guest

    On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 01:25:06 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >The system has been very reliable here recently, what few problems there
    >have been, have been very quickly resolved. Although Dex and Stefan will
    >claim that this is due to my alleged "involvement" with them, of course

    I note you are steering clear of mentioning the Voicemail system that
    has been in beta since the year dot and hasn't worked since day one
    Ivor .
    Your involvement with Sipgate isn't " alleged" you have admitted in
    public that you have an interest in Sipgate and while you keep
    refusing to disclose just what that interest is one can only speculate
    that it is either that you are secretly employed by Sipgate or you
    have some financial involvement in the company .
    , Sep 1, 2005
  10. UKHierarchy Guest

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  11. Ian Guest

    "Jim Rainford" <> wrote in message

    > "UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > service go with a decent ENGLISH provider

    > > www.vonage.co.uk
    > >

    > Amazingly enough, Sipgate have solved the problem. They've removed the

    need
    > for a security number, so the card now goes through as on any normal

    online
    > payment facility.

    I do hope you dont mean the 3 digit number on the sig strip !!
    Ian, Sep 1, 2005
  12. Jim Rainford Guest

    "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Jim Rainford" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message

    > > > www.vonage.co.uk
    > > >

    > > Amazingly enough, Sipgate have solved the problem. They've removed the

    > need
    > > for a security number, so the card now goes through as on any normal

    > online
    > > payment facility.
    > >

    > I do hope you dont mean the 3 digit number on the sig strip !!

    No, that's not what I meant.
    Jim Rainford, Sep 1, 2005
  13. Guest

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:13:52 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Speculate away.
    >>

    >noo speculation about it, i now belive your bus driver story is a mere cover
    >for the truth about you and sipgate, i will get to the bottom of it shortly
    >eyevor you know.

    It really puzzles me why everything appertaining to Sipgate works for
    Ivor yet something's don't for other people .
    , Sep 1, 2005
  14. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jim Rainford" <> wrote in
    message news:4316c00d$0$23392$

    [snip]

    > I've e-mailed Sipgate about it, but reading some of the
    > posts on here it seems that I may have to wait for a week
    > for them to reply.

    Don't believe everything Dex and Stefan tell you.

    > All I want to do is give them some bl***y money!

    This is a feature that has been added since I last credited my accounts,
    so I can't comment from experience, but I will see if I can find out any
    info. Incidentally, forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but you have
    entered the 3 digit code from the signature strip on the card, haven't
    you..? I have forgotten this on one or two occasions on other sites (not
    Sipgate). The code from 10200 is definitely 4 digits though and shouldn't
    need any digits prefixing it.

    Another thing springs to mind is are you entering the card number with or
    without spaces between the groups of 4 digits..? Some sites will accept
    the number with or without spaces, others demand one or the other format,
    so try both.

    > If anybody knows of a fix or workaround I'd be grateful
    > to hear it. I know I could credit the account from my
    > Bank Account (after a four day delay), but the experience
    > so far is making me wonder whether this is a company that
    > wants to be taken seriously!

    Like I said, don't believe everything you read on this or any other group.
    Every website in existence has had problems from time to time, I know, I
    have had to sort out one or two..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2005
  15. UKHierarchy Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    well you cant take ivors advice but you will find dex is correct, him and
    many others have waited weeks to get a reply, others have never even got a
    reply, watch out for the weekends though because thats when they head out
    from friday early to the bars and shut up shop completely.
    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  16. Ivor Jones Guest

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > well you cant take ivors advice but you will find dex is
    > correct, him and many others have waited weeks to get a
    > reply, others have never even got a reply, watch out for
    > the weekends though because thats when they head out from
    > friday early to the bars and shut up shop completely.

    And others (not just me) have had replies within hours. They are on record
    in this group saying so.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2005
  17. UKHierarchy Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > And others (not just me) have had replies within hours. They are on record
    > in this group saying so.
    >
    > Ivor

    ahh yes that would be becuase of your direct link wouldnt it eyevor PS youre
    still too good to be a bus driver you know
    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  18. Guest

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:37:36 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> well you cant take ivors advice but you will find dex is
    >> correct, him and many others have waited weeks to get a
    >> reply, others have never even got a reply, watch out for
    >> the weekends though because thats when they head out from
    >> friday early to the bars and shut up shop completely.

    >And others (not just me) have had replies within hours. They are on record
    >in this group saying so.
    >
    >Ivor

    All depends on whether you have undisclosed interests in Sipgate or
    not has to how soon the one member of staff who seems to be Sipgate
    decides to reply to any emails .
    , Sep 1, 2005
  19. UKHierarchy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:37:36 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>> >

    >>> well you cant take ivors advice but you will find dex is
    >>> correct, him and many others have waited weeks to get a
    >>> reply, others have never even got a reply, watch out for
    >>> the weekends though because thats when they head out from
    >>> friday early to the bars and shut up shop completely.

    >>And others (not just me) have had replies within hours. They are on record
    >>in this group saying so.
    >>
    >>Ivor
    >>

    > All depends on whether you have undisclosed interests in Sipgate or
    > not has to how soon the one member of staff who seems to be Sipgate
    > decides to reply to any emails .

    OMG how true . didnt your reaise thse krauts pack up at the office every
    friday and clear off to the pub every and all weekend, the one memeber of
    staff pops on here i belive occasionally , ivor are you their?
    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  20. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > All depends on whether you have undisclosed interests in
    > Sipgate or not has to how soon the one member of staff
    > who seems to be Sipgate decides to reply to any emails .

    If that's what you choose to believe. I repeat, others apart from me have
    had fast replies from Sipgate. Look the messages up for yourself.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2005