    recommended them to quite a few people but enough's enough. I hope they sort
    out their issues but this is once too often for me. I'm sure voip.co.uk
    arent spotless but at the moment their performance far outweighs Sipgates.

    Roger, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Roger

    Bypass Guest

    Roger wrote:
    > Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread but after last
    > weeks thread I thought Id report on the following -
    >
    > Yesterday and today my incoming Sipgate no has been plagued by the worst
    > drop outs ever to the point where I've had to put down the phone several
    > times. Ive then called the caller back using my voip.co.uk outgoing
    > number and had a crystal clear connection every time. Same phone, same
    > ATA, same cable connection. The conclusion I have to reach from this is
    > that it cant be settings as all the equipment my end is the same - it
    > has to be ther server end.
    >
    > I've been a staunch supporter of Sipgate for a couple of years and
    > recommended them to quite a few people but enough's enough. I hope they
    > sort out their issues but this is once too often for me. I'm sure
    > voip.co.uk arent spotless but at the moment their performance far
    > outweighs Sipgates.

    And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
    (early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
    improvements and fax.

    Nope, I don't work for them - just one happy voip.co.uk customer passing
    on the good news they have given me.

    Bypass, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Roger

    Guest

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:30:53 GMT, "Roger" <>
    wrote:

    >I've been a staunch supporter of Sipgate for a couple of years and
    >recommended them to quite a few people but enough's enough. I hope they sort
    >out their issues but this is once too often for me. I'm sure voip.co.uk
    >arent spotless but at the moment their performance far outweighs Sipgates.

    And always as but you see with v.c.u you have to pay a LITLE money for
    Roger, Ivor on the other hand wants free service free local number
    free everything so he has to put up with a rubbish service although he
    is constantly saying his service is perfect and incidently I think
    voipfone.co.uk is slightly better than v.c.u .

    , Dec 12, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Roger:
    > Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread but after last
    > weeks thread I thought Id report on the following -
    >
    > Yesterday and today my incoming Sipgate no has been plagued by the
    > worst drop outs ever to the point where I've had to put down the
    > phone several times. Ive then called the caller back using my
    > voip.co.uk outgoing number and had a crystal clear connection every
    > time. Same phone, same ATA, same cable connection. The conclusion I
    > have to reach from this is that it cant be settings as all the
    > equipment my end is the same - it has to be ther server end.
    >
    > I've been a staunch supporter of Sipgate for a couple of years and
    > recommended them to quite a few people but enough's enough. I hope
    > they sort out their issues but this is once too often for me. I'm
    > sure voip.co.uk arent spotless but at the moment their performance
    > far outweighs Sipgates.

    Is this drop-out problem only happing on incoming calls or outgoing too?

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 12, 2006
  5. Roger

    Scope Guest

    Bypass wrote:

    > And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
    > (early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
    > improvements and fax.

    Next year? Damn, I was hoping they had it ready by christmas.. Oh well. :)

    Another happy voip.co.uk customer, btw.

    Scope, Dec 12, 2006
  6. Thus spaketh Scope:
    > Bypass wrote:
    >
    >> And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
    >> (early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
    >> improvements and fax.

    > Next year? Damn, I was hoping they had it ready by christmas.. Oh
    > well. :)
    > Another happy voip.co.uk customer, btw.

    Is it possible to switch voicemail off with voip.co.uk ? One thing that
    annoys me with some VoIP providers is the forced use of voicemail and
    not being able to turn it off.

    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 12, 2006
  7. Roger

    Scope Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh Scope:
    >> Bypass wrote:
    >>
    >>> And you just need to wait for their 'new platform' to be rolled out
    >>> (early next year) to get even better services, including voicemail
    >>> improvements and fax.

    >> Next year? Damn, I was hoping they had it ready by christmas.. Oh
    >> well. :)
    >> Another happy voip.co.uk customer, btw.

    > Is it possible to switch voicemail off with voip.co.uk ? One thing that
    > annoys me with some VoIP providers is the forced use of voicemail and
    > not being able to turn it off.

    Yes sure.. Im not using their voice mail at the moment..

    More info can be found here:

    http://www.voip.co.uk/tech/?link=xhtml:mwi.config

    Scope, Dec 12, 2006
  8. Roger

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread

    Well it wouldn't have been if you hadn't said that..!

    I refuse to accept any responsibility for what Mr. Ronald Chew will now
    spew forth.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 13, 2006
  9. Roger

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:01:20 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Roger" <> wrote in message
    >> Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread

    >Well it wouldn't have been if you hadn't said that..!
    >
    >I refuse to accept any responsibility for what Mr. Ronald Chew will now
    >spew forth.
    >
    >Ivor

    I think that voip.co.uk offer a reliable service. Their voicemail is
    crap but then I don't use it.
    Where they have fallen down, for me, is on the web site software. Back
    in March/April time the charging went wrong. I have made various pleas
    for my account balance to be corrected but there has been no
    improvement. I wasn't prepared to credit my account, for another year,
    until it was - I am still waiting. Hence, I am now using Vyke and,
    I think, I will do so for at least the next 6 months. I may go back to
    voip.co.uk if they sort out my account. The admin always replies to
    emails but, I am sorry to say, that the technical side is lacking. The
    admin says that the tech side will do something but they don't in my
    experience. It must have been at the beginning of the year when I was
    told the voicemail was going to be improved - it hasn't altered a jot.
    I still think that voip.co.uk are good but they do need to get their
    act together and not make false promises to customers.
    In my experience it is better to say no to a customer than make a
    false promise. It is also a good idea to add time to when an outcome
    can be expected - if can you deliver before the date then the customer
    is especially pleased.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Dec 13, 2006
  10. Roger

    Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:33:41 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >Where they have fallen down, for me, is on the web site software. Back
    >in March/April time the charging went wrong. I have made various pleas
    >for my account balance to be corrected but there has been no
    >improvement. I wasn't prepared to credit my account, for another year,
    >until it was - I am still waiting. Hence, I am now using Vyke and,
    >I think, I will do so for at least the next 6 months. I may go back to
    >voip.co.uk if they sort out my account. The admin always replies to
    >emails but, I am sorry to say, that the technical side is lacking.

    Couldn't have put it better Brian I had a similar experience with them
    which is why I no longer use them, I will stick with voipfone.co.uk
    who I have yet to find any fault with after many months of being a
    customer .

    , Dec 13, 2006
  11. Roger

    Jono Guest

    Brian A presented the following explanation :
    > On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:01:20 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >>> Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread

    >> Well it wouldn't have been if you hadn't said that..!
    >>
    >> I refuse to accept any responsibility for what Mr. Ronald Chew will now
    >> spew forth.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > I think that voip.co.uk offer a reliable service. Their voicemail is
    > crap but then I don't use it.
    > Where they have fallen down, for me, is on the web site software. Back
    > in March/April time the charging went wrong. I have made various pleas
    > for my account balance to be corrected but there has been no
    > improvement. I wasn't prepared to credit my account, for another year,
    > until it was - I am still waiting. Hence, I am now using Vyke and,
    > I think, I will do so for at least the next 6 months. I may go back to
    > voip.co.uk if they sort out my account. The admin always replies to
    > emails but, I am sorry to say, that the technical side is lacking. The
    > admin says that the tech side will do something but they don't in my
    > experience. It must have been at the beginning of the year when I was
    > told the voicemail was going to be improved - it hasn't altered a jot.
    > I still think that voip.co.uk are good but they do need to get their
    > act together and not make false promises to customers.
    > In my experience it is better to say no to a customer than make a
    > false promise. It is also a good idea to add time to when an outcome
    > can be expected - if can you deliver before the date then the customer
    > is especially pleased.

    I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

    I had an issue with the £1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
    month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
    rate.

    Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
    errors.

    Jono, Dec 13, 2006
  12. Roger

    Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

    I'm not.

    >I had an issue with the £1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
    >month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
    >rate.

    My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
    promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.

    >Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
    >errors

    I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
    but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
    look for another voip supplier.

    , Dec 13, 2006
  13. Roger

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:08:26 +0000, wrote:

    >On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

    >I'm not.
    >>
    >>I had an issue with the £1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
    >>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
    >>rate.

    >My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
    >promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.
    >
    >>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
    >>errors

    >I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
    >but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
    >look for another voip supplier.

    I think that just sums it up. One of the most important things in
    business it to facilitate easy access to products and to paying money.
    They run a good phone service but make it hard for some customers to
    pay.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Dec 14, 2006
  14. Roger

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 13 Dec 2006, writes
    >On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

    >I'm not.
    >>
    >>I had an issue with the £1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
    >>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
    >>rate.

    >My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
    >promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.
    >
    >>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
    >>errors

    >I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
    >but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
    >look for another voip supplier.

    Well (last month) I kept on top of the emails on the raised ticket about
    this and Chris renewed my annual package 'manually' (he said). You need
    to keep nagging away.

    David

    David Floyd, Dec 14, 2006
  15. Roger

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:51:26 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Wed, 13 Dec 2006, writes
    >>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

    >>I'm not.
    >>>
    >>>I had an issue with the £1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
    >>>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
    >>>rate.

    >>My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
    >>promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.
    >>
    >>>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
    >>>errors

    >>I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
    >>but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
    >>look for another voip supplier.

    >Well (last month) I kept on top of the emails on the raised ticket about
    >this and Chris renewed my annual package 'manually' (he said). You need
    >to keep nagging away.
    >
    >David

    Chris told me that the alterations I needed to my account required
    'technical' to do it. So I wasn't so lucky.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Dec 14, 2006
  16. Roger

    wrote:

    >You need
    >to keep nagging away.

    I think you're right. I got a reply from Chris today, saying he'd get
    the technical people to sort it. Let's hope it happens this time.

    , Dec 14, 2006
  17. Roger

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:35:08 +0000, wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:51:26 +0000, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>You need
    >>to keep nagging away.

    >I think you're right. I got a reply from Chris today, saying he'd get
    >the technical people to sort it. Let's hope it happens this time.

    I hope that you are lucky but, from my experience, if it is being
    passed to the technical department, it is as good as being filed in
    the bin.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Dec 15, 2006
  18. Roger

    Guest

    On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:44:40 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >I hope that you are lucky but, from my experience, if it is being
    >passed to the technical department, it is as good as being filed in
    >the bin.

    So far, that has been my experience.

    , Dec 16, 2006
  19. Roger

    Guest

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:30:10 +0000, wrote:

    >>I hope that you are lucky but, from my experience, if it is being
    >>passed to the technical department, it is as good as being filed in
    >>the bin.

    >So far, that has been my experience.

    Update:

    They've now sorted the problem, refunded the charges and given a
    fiver's credit as well.

    Excellent.

    , Dec 20, 2006