Sipgate VOIP caller ID

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by John Ryger Smith, May 22, 2005.

  1. Hello

    I have a BT inspiration telephone system and a Draytek 2600vg router.

    I have 4 ports on my BT inspiration system, 2 wired to two normal bt phone
    lines and the other 2 wired to the two analogue ports on my Draytek.

    When I pick up line 3 or 4 it dials out with the CLI of my Sipgate number no
    problems (when sipgate is working that is)!

    Unfortunatly, when people dial my 01 sipgate number the cli doesnt come up
    like on my normal BT lines (1&2).

    When someone dials my sipgate number both line 3 and line 4 ring.

    Is there any hardware that will pickup the CLI and pass it to my BT
    inspiration, or is it a problem with sipgate?

    I dont want to use the sipgate numer without the CLI.

    Regards

    John

    John Ryger Smith, May 22, 2005

  2. "John Ryger Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a BT inspiration telephone system and a Draytek 2600vg router.
    >
    > I have 4 ports on my BT inspiration system, 2 wired to two normal bt phone
    > lines and the other 2 wired to the two analogue ports on my Draytek.
    >
    > When I pick up line 3 or 4 it dials out with the CLI of my Sipgate number
    > no problems (when sipgate is working that is)!
    >
    > Unfortunatly, when people dial my 01 sipgate number the cli doesnt come up
    > like on my normal BT lines (1&2).
    >
    > When someone dials my sipgate number both line 3 and line 4 ring.
    >
    > Is there any hardware that will pickup the CLI and pass it to my BT
    > inspiration, or is it a problem with sipgate?
    >
    > I dont want to use the sipgate numer without the CLI.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John

    Not being familiar with your hardware, i hope you don't think this a
    pointless reply............

    Sipgate's CLID works fine here - I have a standalone CID unit (BT30?)
    plugged into the port of my Sipura SPA2100. There are a number of settings
    within the SPA2100 for tweaking CLID.

    The Cable Guy, May 22, 2005

  3. John Ryger Smith

    Ian Guest

    > Hello
    >
    > I have a BT inspiration telephone system and a Draytek 2600vg router.
    >
    > I have 4 ports on my BT inspiration system, 2 wired to two normal bt phone
    > lines and the other 2 wired to the two analogue ports on my Draytek.
    >
    > When I pick up line 3 or 4 it dials out with the CLI of my Sipgate number

    no
    > problems (when sipgate is working that is)!
    >
    > Unfortunatly, when people dial my 01 sipgate number the cli doesnt come up
    > like on my normal BT lines (1&2).
    >
    > When someone dials my sipgate number both line 3 and line 4 ring.
    >
    > Is there any hardware that will pickup the CLI and pass it to my BT
    > inspiration, or is it a problem with sipgate?
    >
    > I dont want to use the sipgate numer without the CLI.

    Hi
    You will need to adjust the Draytek so it present the CLI using the UK
    protocol, I expect its using Bellcore. Or adjust the BT switch to accept
    Bellcore.
    Ian

    Ian, May 22, 2005