    that Sipgate should do the job, if it is reasonably reliable....

    Thanks
    divoch
    divoch, Feb 10, 2009

  2. divoch

    Chris Davies Guest

    divoch <> wrote:
    > Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
    > | There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
    > | irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often [...]

    > I am now again re-visiting a possibility of getting VOIP account
    > and so wonder if these problems are still there or not?

    Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
    I can tell). However, the words have been recorded by at least two
    different speakers, one of whom sounds like they were recorded talking
    in a bathroom.

    Personally, I find Sipgate very reliable for incoming calls and
    voicemail. I don't use it for many outgoing calls as smslisto is
    considerably cheaper.

    Chris
    Chris Davies, Feb 10, 2009

  3. divoch

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Jono <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:

    `[snip]

    : Would the caller hear the different voices? If not, it would be
    : suitable for the OP..

    The caller would hear the message you record, unless you leave it at the
    defaults. Can't recall offhand what that message is.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 10, 2009
  4. divoch

    Graham. Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > Jono <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    > reason:
    >
    > `[snip]
    >
    > : Would the caller hear the different voices? If not, it would be
    > : suitable for the OP..
    >
    > The caller would hear the message you record, unless you leave it at the
    > defaults. Can't recall offhand what that message is.
    >
    > Ivor

    The default voice is so bad (distorted) that customising it is
    essential IMHO. I would want to personalise it anyway as
    I do with my mobile phone VM, but judging by the absence
    of a customised message on most VMs I encounter, I must
    be in a minority on this.
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Feb 10, 2009
  5. In message <>, Chris Davies
    <> writes
    >divoch <> wrote:
    >> Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> | There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
    >> | irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often [...]

    >> I am now again re-visiting a possibility of getting VOIP account
    >> and so wonder if these problems are still there or not?

    >Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
    >I can tell). However, the words have been recorded by at least two
    >different speakers, one of whom sounds like they were recorded talking
    >in a bathroom.

    Second that. OTOH Recording your own message is pretty straightforward.

    --
    Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness, Feb 11, 2009
  6. divoch

    divoch Guest

    "Paul McGuinness" <> wrote in message
    > In message <>, Chris Davies
    > <> writes
    >>divoch <> wrote:

    >>Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
    >>I can tell).

    > Second that. OTOH Recording your own message is pretty straightforward.
    >>Personally, I find Sipgate very reliable for incoming calls and
    >>voicemail. I don't use it for many outgoing calls as smslisto is
    >>considerably cheaper.

    Thanks all for your answers. It seems I should give it a try.

    divoch
    divoch, Feb 11, 2009