    --
    amos

    , May 15, 2005

  2. lid wrote:
    | I have a sipgate geographic number, 0114 xxx xxxx. It shows as my
    | number when i log into sipgate and I have set up my voice mail to
    | accept messages when the phone is offline, (I don't have an adapter
    | for a phone on my router just yet).
    | However when I dial the 0114 number I get nu tone.
    | Should dialing my 0114 number result in something other than nu?
    | Should I expect callers to be able to record to voicemail under the
    | given circumstances?

    Sipgate seems to be having one or two difficulties at the moment.

    All your expectations should be realised, however, when dealing with Sipgate
    & especially their voicemail, it doesn't always work. Voicemail is in Beta
    also.

    I'm in the middle of setting up a voip PBX using Asterisk (*) - I can't
    tell if I'm doing something wrong, or Sipgate is down. Very frustrating.

    The Cable Guy, May 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:42:18 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
    <21.com> wrote:

    >Sipgate seems to be having one or two difficulties at the moment.

    Sipgate have been having one or two difficulties since I first signed
    up two or three months ago ! .
    >All your expectations should be realised, however, when dealing with Sipgate
    >& especially their voicemail, it doesn't always work. Voicemail is in Beta
    >also.

    And just how long do they expect customers to keep accepting the
    BETA excuse or why don't they just say it is in continual BETA .

    , May 15, 2005
  4. wrote:
    || On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:42:18 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
    || <21.com> wrote:
    ||| Sipgate seems to be having one or two difficulties at the moment.
    || Sipgate have been having one or two difficulties since I first signed
    || up two or three months ago ! .

    Hmm. IKWYM - it is free, though.

    ||| All your expectations should be realised, however, when dealing
    ||| with Sipgate & especially their voicemail, it doesn't always work.
    ||| Voicemail is in Beta also.
    || And just how long do they expect customers to keep accepting the
    || BETA excuse or why don't they just say it is in continual BETA .

    They /do/ say it's in BETA continually.

    The Cable Guy, May 15, 2005
  5. Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:45:00 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
    <21.com> wrote:
    >Hmm. IKWYM - it is free, though.

    Not if you want to make calls to BT and TW lines it isn't .
    >They /do/ say it's in BETA continually.

    Hadn't seen that .

    , May 15, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:45:00 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
    > <21.com> wrote:
    >>Hmm. IKWYM - it is free, though.

    > Not if you want to make calls to BT and TW lines it isn't .

    He meant *voicemail* is free <g>

    >>They /do/ say it's in BETA continually.

    > Hadn't seen that .

    :))

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 15, 2005
  7. Guest

    <21.com> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >| I have a sipgate geographic number, 0114 xxx xxxx. It shows as my
    >| number when i log into sipgate and I have set up my voice mail to
    >| accept messages when the phone is offline, (I don't have an adapter
    >| for a phone on my router just yet).
    >| However when I dial the 0114 number I get nu tone.
    >| Should dialing my 0114 number result in something other than nu?
    >| Should I expect callers to be able to record to voicemail under the
    >| given circumstances?
    >
    >Sipgate seems to be having one or two difficulties at the moment.
    >
    >All your expectations should be realised, however, when dealing with Sipgate
    >& especially their voicemail, it doesn't always work. Voicemail is in Beta
    >also.
    >
    >I'm in the middle of setting up a voip PBX using Asterisk (*) - I can't
    >tell if I'm doing something wrong, or Sipgate is down. Very frustrating.

    Tried again. this time I can leave a message, with "sipgate phone" off
    line, or unanswered (now have softphone configured for sipgate).
    Voicemail .wav file attached to e-mail from sipgate is received
    within 2 minutes of leaving message. The recording, played with
    real player, is very clear.

    Just one problem though. X-lite, proxy 1, is now configured for
    sipgate. The softphone handles incoming calls OK. But if the
    softphone is *online* when I try to play the voice mail, with real
    player, then I get a BSOD. I have'nt had BSODs for years. Merde.
    8-(

    --
    amos

    , May 16, 2005
  8. wrote:
    || On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:45:00 GMT, "The Cable Guy"
    || <21.com> wrote:
    ||| Hmm. IKWYM - it is free, though.
    || Not if you want to make calls to BT and TW lines it isn't .
    ||| They /do/ say it's in BETA continually.
    || Hadn't seen that .

    Even though I meant voicemail is free, I'm sure you'd use 1899 to ring POTS
    lines, wouldn't you?

    The Cable Guy, May 18, 2005