    mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
    here then?? What a F**K up...

    Neil

    Neil, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Neil

    Ian Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently got myself a sipgate account, and the voicemail is pathetic!
    > Everytime you call it you get either a different voice, a german women, or

    > mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
    > here then?? What a F**K up...
    >
    > Neil

    Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)

    (BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)

    And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

    Ian, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Neil

    LanMan Guest

    Ian wrote:
    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I recently got myself a sipgate account, and the voicemail is pathetic!
    >>Everytime you call it you get either a different voice, a german women, or

    >>mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
    >>here then?? What a F**K up...
    >>
    >>Neil
    >>

    > Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)
    >
    > (BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)
    >
    > And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

    And how anoyying is that voice that announces 'there has been and error'
    when dialing half the time. He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

    This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
    cannot put up with the problems any more. Trying vopifone now.

    They should allow you to withdraw unspent cash or find a way to allow
    you to donate to charity. I suspect this ain't a priority for them.

    LanMan, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Neil

    Neil M Guest

    "LanMan" <> wrote in message

    >He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

    Whats a Chav? Lanman

    Neil

    Neil M, Aug 3, 2005
  5. Neil

    PhilÅ Guest

    It is free, and I like the way it emails you the voice message as a
    attachment, and you can record your own message.

    PhilÅ, Aug 3, 2005
  6. Neil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "LanMan" <> wrote in message
    > Ian wrote:

    [snip]

    >> Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)
    >>
    >> (BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)
    >>
    >> And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

    Not so much that as time consuming. There are over 140 separate
    announcements to record..!

    > And how anoyying is that voice that announces 'there has been and error'
    > when dialing half the time. He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC
    > posh.

    Half the time..? As in 50%..? I have never heard this message in nearly 12
    months of using Sipgate. By the law of averages I should have done a few
    times by now.

    > This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
    > cannot put up with the problems any more. Trying vopifone now.

    I know people think I have some financial interest in Sipgate, but
    honestly I don't..! But although I have had problems I haven't experienced
    half the troubles that some people seem to.

    > They should allow you to withdraw unspent cash or find a way to allow
    > you to donate to charity. I suspect this ain't a priority for them.

    A good idea..! Email them and suggest it..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 3, 2005
  7. Neil

    George Guest

    >>He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

    > Whats a Chav? Lanman
    >
    > Neil

    A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress in
    sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

    George

    George, Aug 3, 2005
  8. Neil

    sean Guest

    LanMan wrote:
    > Ian wrote:
    >
    >> "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I recently got myself a sipgate account, and the voicemail is pathetic!
    >>> Everytime you call it you get either a different voice, a german
    >>> women, or

    >>> mixture of two or three voices all on the same session. Whats the crack
    >>> here then?? What a F**K up...
    >>>
    >>> Neil
    >>>

    >> Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)
    >>
    >> (BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)
    >>
    >> And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them
    >>

    > And how anoyying is that voice that announces 'there has been and error'
    > when dialing half the time. He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.
    >
    > This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
    > cannot put up with the problems any more. Trying vopifone now.
    >
    > They should allow you to withdraw unspent cash or find a way to allow
    > you to donate to charity. I suspect this ain't a priority for them.

    Can you please email me? I want to have a chat to you about voipfone!

    Thanks .. remove NOSPAM :)

    sean, Aug 3, 2005
  9. Neil

    Neil M Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message

    >>>He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC posh.

    >> Whats a Chav? Lanman
    >>
    >> Neil

    > A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress in
    > sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav
    >
    > George

    Arrh, thanks for that George!
    'male chav may sometimes be referred to as a chavster and a female as a
    chavette'

    I used to run a Vauxhall Chavette : )

    Neil M, Aug 3, 2005
  10. On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:06:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Not so much that as time consuming. There are over 140 separate
    >announcements to record..!

    Each lasting an average of, may be, 30 seconds max. That's 70 minutes
    recording time per country... over a year+ you'd have thought that
    they'd have gotten around to this instead of still presenting German
    voicemail and error messages to UK users... ;-)

    - Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
    - mailto:p http://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -

    Stuart Millington, Aug 3, 2005
  11. Neil

    Dave Gill Guest

    George <> wrote:

    > A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress in
    > sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

    You could also try:

    http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/

    ;-)

    Dave Gill, Aug 3, 2005
  12. Neil

    Ian Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "LanMan" <> wrote in message
    > > Ian wrote:

    > [snip]
    >
    > >> Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)
    > >>
    > >> (BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)
    > >>
    > >> And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

    > Not so much that as time consuming. There are over 140 separate
    > announcements to record..!

    Sorry Ivor that is total C*** , If they are apply to pay they can get them
    done by the voice of Asterisk, and any way 140 words is nothing. Having had
    to create IVRs with more phrases than that, it doesnt take long i can tell
    you. and any way all the messages are there in any * sounds directory all
    they need to do is learn to copy them over!!

    Ian, Aug 4, 2005
  13. Neil

    Al Guest

    On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:10:18 +0100, George wrote:

    >A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress in
    >sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!
    >
    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

    Thanks. In this newsgroup we call them a Dexter.

    Al, Aug 4, 2005
  14. Neil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Al wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:10:18 +0100, George wrote:
    >
    >> A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress
    >> in sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

    > Thanks. In this newsgroup we call them a Dexter.

    ROTFLMAO..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2005
  15. Neil

    Steve Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Al wrote:
    >> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:10:18 +0100, George wrote:
    >>
    >>> A Chav - Known north of the border as a ned. They generally dress
    >>> in sportswear and Burberry. See the link below for more details!
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

    >> Thanks. In this newsgroup we call them a Dexter.

    > ROTFLMAO..!
    >
    > Ivor

    OOOooooofff I would stand for that Dex !

    Steve, Aug 4, 2005
  16. Neil

    Guest

    On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:23:57 +0100, "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)

    And they will still be " working" on it in twenty years time .

    , Aug 5, 2005
  17. Neil

    Guest

    On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:36:55 +0100, LanMan <>
    wrote:

    >This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
    >cannot put up with the problems any more.

    Personally I would not leave them a halfpence I am only using my
    account now for 0845 and 0870 calls .

    , Aug 5, 2005
  18. Neil

    Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:34:02 +0100, "Steve" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Al wrote:

    >>> Thanks. In this newsgroup we call them a Dexter.

    >> ROTFLMAO..!
    >>
    >> Ivor

    >OOOooooofff I would stand for that Dex !

    I do not take much notice now of a bloke who praises a company up to
    the high heavens who's management could not organize a booze up in a
    brewery .

    , Aug 5, 2005
  19. Neil

    Al Guest

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:48:41 +0100, wrote:

    >I do not take much notice now of a bloke who praises a company up to
    >the high heavens who's management could not organize a booze up in a
    >brewery .

    That's a good description of Dexter, the demon Vonage pusher.

    Al, Aug 5, 2005
  20. Neil

    bence_fab Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "LanMan" <> wrote in message
    > > Ian wrote:

    > [snip]
    >
    > >> Dont worry they are working on it, But hey it free..;-)
    > >>
    > >> (BTW the above is meant as sarcasm)
    > >>
    > >> And getting studio recorded voices is too expensive for them

    > Not so much that as time consuming. There are over 140 separate
    > announcements to record..!
    >
    > > And how anoyying is that voice that announces 'there has been and error'
    > > when dialing half the time. He sounds like some chav trying to do BBC
    > > posh.

    > Half the time..? As in 50%..? I have never heard this message in nearly 12
    > months of using Sipgate. By the law of averages I should have done a few
    > times by now.
    >
    > > This company is so bad I've given up and left a fiver in my a/c as I
    > > cannot put up with the problems any more. Trying vopifone now.

    > I know people think I have some financial interest in Sipgate, but
    > honestly I don't..! But although I have had problems I haven't experienced
    > half the troubles that some people seem to.
    >
    > > They should allow you to withdraw unspent cash or find a way to allow
    > > you to donate to charity. I suspect this ain't a priority for them.

    > A good idea..! Email them and suggest it..!
    >
    > Ivor

    I don't usually post anything to these groups and usually prefer just
    reading them but I have to say that in my opinion you are either a very
    ignorant customer or simply a Sipgate employee. I have seen your posts
    all over the place defending or arbitrarily praising Sipgate.

    I have nothing against Sipgate personally but I do have to say their
    service is simply not up to scratch but your attitude is really causing
    harm and misconception out there. There are plenty of good providers in
    the UK alone and I am not going to mention any for fear of being
    accused of favoritism. You are potentially harming peoples attitude to
    VoIP with the position that a half-baked, unprofessional communications
    service can be acceptable. VoIP has moved on... There are providers out
    there who take care to record the announcements in their voicemail
    service, check that their outgoing calls work reasonably, take quality
    seriously and take support seriously. Sipgate too busy with support
    enquiries to always guarantee quality response?....tough. And you're
    out here posing as a customer who's willing to live with a provider who
    admit their service is not ready and is being sorted out?

    I may be victimising you here but in my opinion you're simply a Sipgate
    employee using Google Groups to promote the service so no level of
    criticism is too great....pathetic. If you're not an employee, then
    take my advice, seek VoIP service elsewhere cause there are plenty
    offering a usable service. If all you're worried about is a free
    service, then get yourself two cups of plastic and a string my friend.

    bence_fab, Aug 5, 2005