    calls in our our. Outbound I get the engaged tone, and inbound gives
    the number unobtainable tone.

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Paul Ockenden wrote:
    > Has anyone run sipgate through a SonicWALL before? If so, how
    > did you configure the rules?
    >
    > I'm getting to the point where the phone will register, but I can't make
    > calls in our our. Outbound I get the engaged tone, and inbound gives
    > the number unobtainable tone.
    >
    > P.

    you might need to allow sip ports 5004 through to 5060 i think

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Sep 10, 2005

  3. Paul Ockenden

    Nick Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <> wrote in message

    > Has anyone run sipgate through a SonicWALL before? If so, how
    > did you configure the rules?
    >
    > I'm getting to the point where the phone will register, but I can't make
    > calls in our our. Outbound I get the engaged tone, and inbound gives
    > the number unobtainable tone.
    >
    > P.

    The standard ports to forward for sipgate are:
    Port 5004 UDP
    Port 5060 UDP
    Port 8000 - 8012 UDP
    Port 10000 STUN
    Port 3478 UDP & TCP
    Nick, Sep 10, 2005
  4. Nick wrote:
    > "Paul Ockenden" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Has anyone run sipgate through a SonicWALL before? If so, how
    > > did you configure the rules?
    > >
    > > I'm getting to the point where the phone will register, but I can't make
    > > calls in our our. Outbound I get the engaged tone, and inbound gives
    > > the number unobtainable tone.
    > >
    > > P.
    > >

    > The standard ports to forward for sipgate are:
    > Port 5004 UDP
    > Port 5060 UDP
    > Port 8000 - 8012 UDP
    > Port 10000 STUN
    > Port 3478 UDP & TCP

    I was close :)

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Sep 10, 2005
  5. > The standard ports to forward for sipgate are:
    > Port 5004 UDP
    > Port 5060 UDP
    > Port 8000 - 8012 UDP
    > Port 10000 STUN
    > Port 3478 UDP & TCP

    Ah - I think I'd done 8000 - 8012 as TCP not UDP.

    I'll try with UDP later.

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Nick wrote:
    > The standard ports to forward for sipgate are:
    > Port 5004 UDP
    > Port 5060 UDP
    > Port 8000 - 8012 UDP
    > Port 10000 STUN
    > Port 3478 UDP & TCP

    I see no reason to forward ports 10000 and 3478 - the whole point of
    STUN (Simple Traversal of UDP through NAT) is to allow traffic through
    the NAT router without forwarding ports. If you have to forward ports
    for STUN then STUN isn't working!

    In other words, if you have to forward ports, don't bother with those two.

    There is also no reason to forward both 5004 and port 8000 - most
    hardware device use 5004, x-lite uses 8000, but only the one that you
    want to use has to be forwarded at the router.

    So, for the first phone on the network, these are your ports to forward:

    Port 5060
    Port 5004 *OR* port 8000

    The user can choose these ports, for a second line convention dictates
    adding 1 to the standard ports. Just make sure you set the same numbers
    in the phone and at the router! If STUN is working then you shouldn't
    have to forward any ports at all.

    Steve.
    Steven Sumpter, Sep 10, 2005
  7. Paul Ockenden

    themgt Guest

    Nick wrote:
    <snip>
    > The standard ports to forward for sipgate are:
    > Port 5004 UDP
    > Port 5060 UDP
    > Port 8000 - 8012 UDP
    > Port 10000 STUN
    > Port 3478 UDP & TCP

    The only ports you need to forward are:
    5060 UDP for SIP
    The UDP port range your phone or PBX is using for RTP.

    If you're forwarding ports then it's not necessary to use STUN.
    themgt, Sep 11, 2005
  8. Paul Ockenden

    Joe Harrison Guest

    I haven't told my firewall (WRT54G/Alchemy) anything about my ATA (apart
    from MAC address so firewall can give premium QOS priority to ATA's
    traffic.) So it's invisible from internet and I must say I like it this way
    in case there are any 0-days lurking in ATA firmware...

    Then again I accept that Sonicwall is top-end compared to mine so YMMV.

    Joe
    Joe Harrison, Sep 11, 2005