    somewhere where the router issue wasn't a problem when I tried.)

    Just thought I'd give my experience.

    OM
    OM, Sep 25, 2005

  2. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "OM" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I signed up for a number with Sipgate.
    > It's really good: free number.
    > And it works!
    > Well... for 5 minutes.
    > Then it stopped working. : (
    > I wouldn't work again despite trying several times.

    More information, please..! In what way wasn't it working..? 1-way
    audio..? No audio..? Can't make calls..? Can't receive calls..? What
    equipment..? Softphone (X-Lite..?) or ATA..? If ATA, which one..?

    There are a myriad of things that can go wrong, depending on what the
    combination of the above is being used. Don't give up on it due to failure
    in the first 5 minutes..! I couldn't get it working properly for days when
    I first signed up..!

    I will be happy to assist with test calls etc. if you want, let me know.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 25, 2005

  3. OM

    Brian A Guest

    On 25 Sep 2005 11:43:05 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:

    >I signed up for a number with Sipgate.
    >It's really good: free number.
    >And it works!
    >Well... for 5 minutes.
    >Then it stopped working. : (
    >I wouldn't work again despite trying several times.
    >
    >I finally went for Voipfone.
    >(Erm... couldn't get that to work either - though that's to do with my
    >router.)
    >(The Sipgate problem had nothing to do with the router... as I was
    >somewhere where the router issue wasn't a problem when I tried.)
    >
    >Just thought I'd give my experience.
    >

    >OM

    Do all the port forwarding I mentioned in another thread and use the
    details given to you on the Voipfone site and you should have no
    bother. I think that you will find Voipfone to be reliable but you do
    have to pay for the geographic number :-(
    The answerphone is more polished than that on Sipgate and uses the
    faimiliar 1571 - sadly no stuttered dial tone yet.
    1471 available too. Call waiting works well.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Sep 25, 2005
  4. OM

    Sean Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On 25 Sep 2005 11:43:05 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I signed up for a number with Sipgate.
    >>It's really good: free number.
    >>And it works!
    >>Well... for 5 minutes.
    >>Then it stopped working. : (
    >>I wouldn't work again despite trying several times.
    >>
    >>I finally went for Voipfone.
    >>(Erm... couldn't get that to work either - though that's to do with my
    >>router.)
    >>(The Sipgate problem had nothing to do with the router... as I was
    >>somewhere where the router issue wasn't a problem when I tried.)
    >>
    >>Just thought I'd give my experience.
    >>

    >>OM

    > Do all the port forwarding I mentioned in another thread and use the
    > details given to you on the Voipfone site and you should have no
    > bother. I think that you will find Voipfone to be reliable but you do
    > have to pay for the geographic number :-(
    > The answerphone is more polished than that on Sipgate and uses the
    > faimiliar 1571 - sadly no stuttered dial tone yet.
    > 1471 available too. Call waiting works well.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    They are gonna support the waiting message notification soon. So your
    phone will possibly get a icon on the display. (if your ATA supports it
    and phone)... Alsmost all phones i've tried can do it......supprised me!

    voipfone listen to customers, and add additional things all time :)
    Sean, Sep 25, 2005
  5. OM

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:12:59 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> On 25 Sep 2005 11:43:05 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I signed up for a number with Sipgate.
    >>>It's really good: free number.
    >>>And it works!
    >>>Well... for 5 minutes.
    >>>Then it stopped working. : (
    >>>I wouldn't work again despite trying several times.
    >>>
    >>>I finally went for Voipfone.
    >>>(Erm... couldn't get that to work either - though that's to do with my
    >>>router.)
    >>>(The Sipgate problem had nothing to do with the router... as I was
    >>>somewhere where the router issue wasn't a problem when I tried.)
    >>>
    >>>Just thought I'd give my experience.
    >>>

    >>>OM

    >> Do all the port forwarding I mentioned in another thread and use the
    >> details given to you on the Voipfone site and you should have no
    >> bother. I think that you will find Voipfone to be reliable but you do
    >> have to pay for the geographic number :-(
    >> The answerphone is more polished than that on Sipgate and uses the
    >> faimiliar 1571 - sadly no stuttered dial tone yet.
    >> 1471 available too. Call waiting works well.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >They are gonna support the waiting message notification soon. So your
    >phone will possibly get a icon on the display. (if your ATA supports it
    >and phone)... Alsmost all phones i've tried can do it......supprised me!
    >
    >voipfone listen to customers, and add additional things all time :)

    Well, on my wish list, apart from a stuttered dial tone (message
    waiting indicator) would be to be able to reduce the time before the
    answering service kicks in. I think that 30 seconds for a fixed line
    phone is too long. If this is alterable I can't find it.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Sep 25, 2005
  6. On 25 Sep 2005 11:43:05 -0700, OM wrote:

    >I signed up for a number with Sipgate.
    >It's really good: free number.
    >And it works!
    >Well... for 5 minutes.
    >Then it stopped working. : (
    >I wouldn't work again despite trying several times.

    Congratulations! You've been nominated for the Dexter prize for doing
    a hatchet job without giving supporting information about the problem.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=80?=, Sep 26, 2005
  7. OM

    Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:27:05 +0100, € <> wrote:

    >Congratulations! You've been nominated for the Dexter prize for doing
    >a hatchet job without giving supporting information about the problem.

    Shhh, let sleeping trolls lie. Watch out for any new poster using this
    combination or similar too http://google-easynews.easynews.com/

    pete
    , Sep 26, 2005
  8. OM

    Roly Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > They are gonna support the waiting message notification soon. So your
    > phone will possibly get a icon on the display. (if your ATA supports it
    > and phone)... Alsmost all phones i've tried can do it......supprised me!
    >
    > voipfone listen to customers, and add additional things all time :)

    I'm sure its probably on their website somewhere but at a glance it wasn't
    obvious, even looked at FAQ.... but do you know if the call prices they
    quote are inclusive or exclusive of VAT?

    Cheers

    Roly.
    Roly, Sep 26, 2005
  9. Roly wrote:
    > "Sean" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>They are gonna support the waiting message notification soon. So your
    >>phone will possibly get a icon on the display. (if your ATA supports it
    >>and phone)... Alsmost all phones i've tried can do it......supprised me!
    >>
    >>voipfone listen to customers, and add additional things all time :)

    > I'm sure its probably on their website somewhere but at a glance it wasn't
    > obvious, even looked at FAQ.... but do you know if the call prices they
    > quote are inclusive or exclusive of VAT?

    If we're still talking about sipgate then they are all inclusive of VAT
    at 16%.
    Thomas Rankin, Sep 27, 2005
  10. Thomas Rankin wrote:
    > Roly wrote:
    > > "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>They are gonna support the waiting message notification soon. So your
    > >>phone will possibly get a icon on the display. (if your ATA supports it
    > >>and phone)... Alsmost all phones i've tried can do it......supprised me!
    > >>
    > >>voipfone listen to customers, and add additional things all time :)

    > > I'm sure its probably on their website somewhere but at a glance it wasn't
    > > obvious, even looked at FAQ.... but do you know if the call prices they
    > > quote are inclusive or exclusive of VAT?
    > >

    > If we're still talking about sipgate then they are all inclusive of VAT
    > at 16%.

    All voipfone's prices are inclusive of vat

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Sep 27, 2005
  11. OM

    Roly Guest

    "Mathew Curtis" <> wrote in message

    > All voipfone's prices are inclusive of vat
    >
    > Mat

    Cheers for that. It was Voipfone I was curious about.

    Roly.
    Roly, Sep 27, 2005