    I'm watching you....
    .oOo. (Ò_Ó) .oOo.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

    ßodincus, May 17, 2005

  2. ßodincus

    Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:49:36 GMT, ßodincus <>
    wrote:

    >I've had a quick e-mail chat with a very helpy bloke at Sipgate, and
    >I've had a sort of admission that the latest service disruptions (no
    >landline calls incoming) were not due to their fault, but to an
    >"attack" to their PSTN gateway.
    >Me thinks they are giving some headaches to the Big Telecom company...
    >and someone there is playing dirty.
    >What do you think?

    If the big telecom company you are referring to is BT then I fully
    agree with you have said this for weeks now.

    , May 17, 2005

  3. ßodincus

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:49:36 GMT, ßodincus <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I've had a quick e-mail chat with a very helpy bloke at Sipgate, and
    >>I've had a sort of admission that the latest service disruptions (no
    >>landline calls incoming) were not due to their fault, but to an
    >>"attack" to their PSTN gateway.
    >>Me thinks they are giving some headaches to the Big Telecom company...
    >>and someone there is playing dirty.
    >>What do you think?

    > If the big telecom company you are referring to is BT then I fully
    > agree with you have said this for weeks now.

    As I have also said repeatedly, what incentive is there for BT to disrupt
    calls *from* them to Sipgate..? It's a source of revenue after all.

    I just can't see how a major player like BT would hope to get away with
    something like that, if it *was* them they would be bound to be found out
    eventually and then large quantities of brown smelly stuff would hit
    several very large fans. People have been sued for this sort of thing
    already in the US.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2005
  4. ßodincus

    ßodincus Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:18:08 +0100, Ivor Jones said...

    |<> wrote in message
    |> On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:49:36 GMT, ßodincus <>
    |> wrote:
    |>

    |>>I've had a quick e-mail chat with a very helpy bloke at Sipgate, and
    |>>I've had a sort of admission that the latest service disruptions (no
    |>>landline calls incoming) were not due to their fault, but to an
    |>>"attack" to their PSTN gateway.
    |>>Me thinks they are giving some headaches to the Big Telecom company...
    |>>and someone there is playing dirty.
    |>>What do you think?
    |> If the big telecom company you are referring to is BT then I fully
    |> agree with you have said this for weeks now.
    |
    |As I have also said repeatedly, what incentive is there for BT to disrupt
    |calls *from* them to Sipgate..? It's a source of revenue after all.
    Too little revenues compared to the losses they suffer every time we
    use Sipgate to call.

    |I just can't see how a major player like BT would hope to get away with
    |something like that, if it *was* them they would be bound to be found out
    |eventually and then large quantities of brown smelly stuff would hit
    |several very large fans. People have been sued for this sort of thing
    |already in the US.
    |
    |Ivor

    BT = "B"ig "T"elecom company worldwide spread;
    Sipgate = "S"mall "I"ndependent "p"eople's "gate" to cheap calls.

    Who do you think it's gonna win in a court? :-((((

    --
    ßodincus · The Y2K Druid
    I'm watching you....

    ßodincus, May 17, 2005
  5. ßodincus

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "ßodincus" <> wrote in message
    On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:18:08 +0100, Ivor Jones said...

    [snip]

    |I just can't see how a major player like BT would hope to get away with
    |something like that, if it *was* them they would be bound to be found out
    |eventually and then large quantities of brown smelly stuff would hit
    |several very large fans. People have been sued for this sort of thing
    |already in the US.
    |
    |Ivor

    BT = "B"ig "T"elecom company worldwide spread;
    Sipgate = "S"mall "I"ndependent "p"eople's "gate" to cheap calls.

    Who do you think it's gonna win in a court? :-((((

    I don't understand that sentence. But I think you meant who would win in
    court. Whoever is not committing an offence.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2005
  6. ßodincus

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 17 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes

    >"ßodincus" <> wrote in message
    >On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:18:08 +0100, Ivor Jones said...
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >|I just can't see how a major player like BT would hope to get away with
    >|something like that, if it *was* them they would be bound to be found out
    >|eventually and then large quantities of brown smelly stuff would hit
    >|several very large fans. People have been sued for this sort of thing
    >|already in the US.
    >|
    >|Ivor
    >
    >BT = "B"ig "T"elecom company worldwide spread;
    >Sipgate = "S"mall "I"ndependent "p"eople's "gate" to cheap calls.
    >
    >Who do you think it's gonna win in a court? :-((((
    >
    >I don't understand that sentence. But I think you meant who would win in
    >court. Whoever is not committing an offence.
    >
    >Ivor

    Ivor

    Something's gone wrong with your replies recently (last hour or two).
    Your reply is included with the test of the person your replying to.
    I.e. the person you're replying to is not being quoted properly with a
    '>' (or something). Therefore it's difficult to read what you're saying
    or what the other person said.

    David

    David Floyd, May 17, 2005
  7. ßodincus

    wooosh Guest

    > BT = "B"ig "T"elecom company worldwide spread;
    > Sipgate = "S"mall "I"ndependent "p"eople's "gate" to cheap calls.
    >
    > Who do you think it's gonna win in a court? :-((((
    >
    > I don't understand that sentence. But I think you meant who would win in
    > court. Whoever is not committing an offence.
    >
    > Ivor

    Whoever has the best legal funding and dedicated legal teams!

    wooosh, May 17, 2005
  8. ßodincus

    Ian Guest

    "ßodincus" <> wrote in message

    >I've had a quick e-mail chat with a very helpy bloke at Sipgate, and
    >I've had a sort of admission that the latest service disruptions (no
    >landline calls incoming) were not due to their fault, but to an
    >"attack" to their PSTN gateway.
    >Me thinks they are giving some headaches to the Big Telecom company...
    >and someone there is playing dirty.
    >What do you think?

    At the moment they wouldnt be causing even the smallest of headaches to any
    PTO.
    And wont be in the future either. Their call volume is tiny compared to
    almost all other alternative carriers. And why havent the larger Voip
    suppliers had any problems?
    Now some spotty oik doing a DOS on their servers maybe.

    So what do I think ?

    You have a vivid imagination and vastly overestimate the importance of a V
    small supplier with an unreliable service.

    Ian

    Ian, May 17, 2005
  9. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Tue, 17 May 2005, Ivor Jones writes
    >>
    >> "ßodincus" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:18:08 +0100, Ivor Jones said...
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> I just can't see how a major player like BT would hope to get away
    >>> with something like that, if it *was* them they would be bound to
    >>> be found out eventually and then large quantities of brown smelly
    >>> stuff would hit several very large fans. People have been sued for
    >>> this sort of thing already in the US.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor

    >> BT = "B"ig "T"elecom company worldwide spread;
    >> Sipgate = "S"mall "I"ndependent "p"eople's "gate" to cheap calls.
    >>
    >> Who do you think it's gonna win in a court? :-((((
    >>
    >> I don't understand that sentence. But I think you meant who would
    >> win in court. Whoever is not committing an offence.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Ivor
    >
    > Something's gone wrong with your replies recently (last hour or two).
    > Your reply is included with the test of the person your replying to.
    > I.e. the person you're replying to is not being quoted properly with a
    > '>' (or something). Therefore it's difficult to read what you're
    > saying or what the other person said.
    >
    > David

    I think it has something to do with the post by ßodincus, they have changed
    their quote symbol. Though Quotefix puts this right for me.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 17, 2005
  10. ßodincus

    ßodincus Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 19:36:00 +0100, "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk>
    said...

    |"ßodincus" <> wrote in message

    |>I've had a quick e-mail chat with a very helpy bloke at Sipgate, and
    |>I've had a sort of admission that the latest service disruptions (no
    |>landline calls incoming) were not due to their fault, but to an
    |>"attack" to their PSTN gateway.
    |>Me thinks they are giving some headaches to the Big Telecom company...
    |>and someone there is playing dirty.
    |>What do you think?
    |
    |At the moment they wouldnt be causing even the smallest of headaches to any
    |PTO.
    |And wont be in the future either. Their call volume is tiny compared to
    |almost all other alternative carriers. And why havent the larger Voip
    |suppliers had any problems?
    |Now some spotty oik doing a DOS on their servers maybe.
    |
    |So what do I think ?
    |
    |You have a vivid imagination and vastly overestimate the importance of a V
    |small supplier with an unreliable service.
    |
    |Ian

    It's not fair to talk in this way about a competitor, dear... :) No
    sorry, :-((((

    --
    ßodincus · The Y2K Druid
    I'm watching you....