    Thanks for the advice.

    regards

    Maureen
    Maureen, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Maureen

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Maureen" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but
    > quite honestly
    > the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the
    > old faithfuls I think!
    >
    > Thanks for the advice.

    At the risk of stirring up the idiot brigade, what exactly were your
    problems..? Sipgate does honestly work fine for me. A lot of the problems
    reported are often due to equipment/config problems, if you give me some
    more info I might be able to help.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Maureen

    Mark Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Maureen" <> wrote in message
    >> Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but
    >> quite honestly
    >> the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the
    >> old faithfuls I think!
    >>
    >> Thanks for the advice.

    > At the risk of stirring up the idiot brigade, what exactly were your
    > problems..? Sipgate does honestly work fine for me. A lot of the problems
    > reported are often due to equipment/config problems, if you give me some
    > more info I might be able to help.
    >
    > Ivor

    I also have to agree Sipgate works fine for me too
    Mark, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Maureen

    keymaster Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Maureen" <> wrote in message
    >>> Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but
    >>> quite honestly
    >>> the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the
    >>> old faithfuls I think!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the advice.

    Hi
    why not give voipfone a try?
    keymaster, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Maureen

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:35:44 GMT, Maureen
    <> wrote:

    >Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but quite honestly
    >the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the old faithfuls I think!

    Ah you see Maureen they call it Sipgate because like you have more or
    less stated here once you have had a SIP you do not want a mouth full.
    , Dec 11, 2005
  6. Maureen

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:35:44 GMT, Maureen
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but
    > > quite honestly
    > > the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the
    > > old faithfuls I think!

    > Ah you see Maureen they call it Sipgate because like you
    > have more or less stated here once you have had a SIP you
    > do not want a mouth full.

    Hmm, tasty beer...

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Maureen

    GwG Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Maureen" <> wrote in message
    >>> Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but
    >>> quite honestly
    >>> the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the
    >>> old faithfuls I think!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the advice.

    >> At the risk of stirring up the idiot brigade, what exactly were your
    >> problems..? Sipgate does honestly work fine for me. A lot of the
    >> problems reported are often due to equipment/config problems, if you
    >> give me some more info I might be able to help.
    >>

    > I also have to agree Sipgate works fine for me too

    And working fine for me also.
    I suspect Maureen is a wolf in a young ewes clothing.
    GwG, Dec 11, 2005
  8. Maureen

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:53:04 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Hmm, tasty beer...

    That explains it drink beer and you cannot tell a good voip isp from a
    bad one, I don't touch the stuff that is why I CAN tell a good one
    from a bad one and I don't mind paying a Bob or two for a good one
    beats free rubbish anytime .
    , Dec 11, 2005
  9. Maureen

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:05:54 GMT, "GwG"
    <> wrote:

    >"Mark" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> "Maureen" <> wrote in message

    >>> At the risk of stirring up the idiot brigade, what exactly were your
    >>> problems..? Sipgate does honestly work fine for me. A lot of the
    >>> problems reported are often due to equipment/config problems, if you
    >>> give me some more info I might be able to help.
    >>>

    >> I also have to agree Sipgate works fine for me too

    >And working fine for me also.
    >I suspect Maureen is a wolf in a young ewes clothing.

    No she can tell good from bad like quite a few other people if the
    truth be known .
    , Dec 11, 2005
  10. Maureen

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:53:04 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hmm, tasty beer...

    > That explains it drink beer and you cannot tell a good
    > voip isp from a bad one, I don't touch the stuff that is
    > why I CAN tell a good one from a bad one and I don't mind
    > paying a Bob or two for a good one beats free rubbish
    > anytime .

    Slurp..

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 11, 2005
  11. Maureen

    themgt Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:35:44 GMT
    Maureen <> wrote:

    > Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but quite honestly
    > the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the old faithfuls I think!
    >
    > Thanks for the advice.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Maureen

    From now on, you shall be called 'Brian that is called Maureen'.
    themgt, Dec 11, 2005
  12. Maureen

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:53:25 GMT, themgt <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:35:44 GMT
    >Maureen <> wrote:
    >
    >> Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but quite honestly
    >> the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the old faithfuls I think!
    >>
    >> Thanks for the advice.
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Maureen

    >From now on, you shall be called 'Brian that is called Maureen'.

    Now how do you work that one out ? do you work on the asumption that
    only one person lives in one house in the UK now ,for all you know
    there could be two or three or even four people or more even living
    together and using the same isp and ip address .
    , Dec 11, 2005
  13. Thus spaketh Mark:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Maureen" <> wrote in message
    >>> Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but
    >>> quite honestly
    >>> the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the
    >>> old faithfuls I think!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the advice.

    >> At the risk of stirring up the idiot brigade, what exactly were your
    >> problems..? Sipgate does honestly work fine for me. A lot of the
    >> problems reported are often due to equipment/config problems, if you
    >> give me some more info I might be able to help.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > I also have to agree Sipgate works fine for me too

    I also have no problems with Sipgate. Use it all the time to receive calls and
    occasionally to make calls, as we're a VoIP only home now.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 12, 2005
  14. Maureen

    Paul Guest

    "Maureen" <> wrote in message
    > Well I've given Sipgate a try for a couple of weeks but quite honestly
    > the quality had much to be desired, ah well back to the old faithfuls I
    > think!
    >
    > Thanks for the advice.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Maureen

    Interesting correspondence. I've been with Sipgate for about 2 weeks and
    found it very easy to set up (Linksys ATA). Worked right away to my
    amazement. following very simple configuration.

    However, I've since then had a couple of problems - clearly at Sipgate's end
    as far as I can work it out.

    For much of last Thursday late afternoon and evening (8th Dec) calls were
    not getting through. Someone rang my mobile to notify of this (I was not at
    home). Called the Sipgate number on my mobile and was told at various times
    that the number was unobtainable and that there was network congestion (If I
    recall the terms on my mobile display correctly). Managed to get the ringing
    tone only once in a dozen or more attempts from about 4.30pm to about 10pm,
    using various phones. Dialling the number from my home BT line resulted in
    the continuous whine (unobtainable tone). Sipgate website showed 'online'
    with no apparent problems. Then it all suddenly went OK about 10pm, with
    absolutely no action on my part (dialled test call caused phone to ring for
    first time in several hours).

    Today, 12th Dec, someone rang me at 11.44 am and didn't get through - not
    sure what if any recorded message he got but he seems to have been
    immediately diverted to voicemail. I was sitting next to the SIPGATE phone
    but it didn't ring. Got a 'silent' voicemail message by email and
    immediately checked the sipgate number from another line - working OK (phone
    rang). (Person rang my mobile rather than leave a message on Sipgate).

    All this is a bit puzzling and a bit concerning. Sipgate seems to work OK
    99% of the time but the 1% (or whatever) when it's not working is a nuisance
    and an inconvenience - especially as I've given the number to various
    business partners and have cancelled my BT second line in favour of Sipgate.

    Any (polite) comments appreciated. I'm not trying to knock Sipgate and think
    it's an excellent system in principle - would like to see it become a
    little bit more reliable though. Having given out the Sipgate number I have
    a stake in seeing it work better!!

    Paul
    Paul, Dec 12, 2005