    quid a month on bt to a flat 18.99 a month on 6 lines so youre all mad in my
    opinion for putting up with such a piss poor service,

    switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.

    SK, Sep 11, 2005

  2. > switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.

    The reason I'm currently playing with sipgate over vonage is that
    it seems a bit more "open" with the kit it supports. And because
    while still at the 'playing' stage, I'm not subject to a monthly fee.

    Sipgate's customer service has been quite good too. I don't think
    that at the time I contacted them they'd twigged that I'm a
    technology journalist - I think the service and support I got was
    fairly genuine.

    Having said all of that, once I'm up to speed I will be checking out
    the competition. At the moment though, Sipgate seem OK,
    considering this is a fairly immature technology.

    P.

    Paul Ockenden, Sep 11, 2005

  3. SK

    SK Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Give it a rest You sext stud :)
    >
    > Ivor

    anything for you darling , anything :)

    SK, Sep 11, 2005
  4. SK

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "SK" <> wrote in message

    > switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.

    Give it a rest Stefan.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 11, 2005
  5. SK

    Jono Guest

    Paul Ockenden wrote:
    ||| switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.
    || The reason I'm currently playing with sipgate over vonage is that
    || it seems a bit more "open" with the kit it supports. And because
    || while still at the 'playing' stage, I'm not subject to a monthly fee.
    || Sipgate's customer service has been quite good too. I don't think
    || that at the time I contacted them they'd twigged that I'm a
    || technology journalist - I think the service and support I got was
    || fairly genuine.
    || Having said all of that, once I'm up to speed I will be checking out
    || the competition. At the moment though, Sipgate seem OK,
    || considering this is a fairly immature technology.
    || P.

    So, I presume you're not the fishing bloke, then?

    Jono, Sep 11, 2005
  6. SK

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:46:56 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"SK" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.

    >Give it a rest Stefan.
    >
    >Ivor

    Why should he ,leave the group Ivor if you don't like it .

    , Sep 11, 2005
  7. > So, I presume you're not the fishing bloke, then?

    LOL!

    No....

    P.

    Paul Ockenden, Sep 12, 2005
  8. >>> switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.
    >>Give it a rest Stefan.

    > Why should he ,leave the group Ivor if you don't like it .

    I'd imagine that a lot of people have already left the group already
    because of three or four people who seem to act like five year olds.

    It's a shame because it only takes a few numpties to spoil what would
    otherwise be a brilliant and useful resourse.

    P.

    paul ockenden, Sep 12, 2005
  9. SK

    Mike Guest

    SK wrote:
    > i can understyand if you lot are happy with sipgate or whatever but what
    > puzzles me is the faffing around with credit and all the silly configuration
    > yu have to do to get it to work, its just too much, and even then its
    > unreliable at the best , vonage is nothing short of superb, who cares if its
    > locked it suits my needs perfectly, is cheap and down from bills of over 700
    > quid a month on bt to a flat 18.99 a month on 6 lines so youre all mad in my
    > opinion for putting up with such a piss poor service,
    >
    > switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.

    One of the reasons I use Sipgate (amongst others), is that I can
    experiment with other software and hardware. I like being able to use
    the same account anywhere I have an Internet connection, which means I
    can use it here at work via my Asterisk exchange, I can divert my
    Asterisk exchange to home via my VPN and take the call there. If the VPN
    is down I can use the Sipgate account from home directly via softphone
    or ATA. IF I'm working away or at a friends, I can use their Internet
    connectivity to acces my sipgate account.

    In a word, flexibility.

    Granted, Sipgate isn't the worlds greatest supplier but if I tried to
    use Vonage, I'd be stuffed trying to do what I want to do.

    I accept that Vonage works for you Stefan and that you are happy with
    it. However, in common with others here, I'm getting little tired of
    your constant trashing of everybody elses opinion that doesn't align
    with yours. Vonage is not a "one size fits all" solution so you will
    have to accept that other people will need to use other suppliers.

    Mike, Sep 12, 2005
  10. > PC Pro! I knew I recongnised your name from somewhere!

    Guilty as charged. ;-)

    P.

    paul ockenden, Sep 12, 2005
  11. Paul Ockenden wrote:
    > Sipgate's customer service has been quite good too. I don't think
    > that at the time I contacted them they'd twigged that I'm a
    > technology journalist - I think the service and support I got was
    > fairly genuine.

    PC Pro! I knew I recongnised your name from somewhere!

    Steve.

    Steven Sumpter, Sep 12, 2005
  12. SK

    Joe Harrison Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <> wrote in message
    > > switch to vonage and youll all see the light in the end.

    > The reason I'm currently playing with sipgate over vonage is that
    > it seems a bit more "open" with the kit it supports. And because
    > while still at the 'playing' stage, I'm not subject to a monthly fee.
    >
    > Sipgate's customer service has been quite good too.

    I'm a bit of a Sipgate fan myself for exactly same reasons. Saying so is not
    always a good idea in here though (ducks.) Nothing against Vonage (since I
    never used their service) just been burnt too many times by service
    providers that insist on controlling everything. It always seems to work to
    their advantage rather than mine, funny that.

    Joe

    Joe Harrison, Sep 12, 2005