    however.. i CAN call 0800 numbers...

    I have £9.32 in my account so it can't be that..

    weird?
    dojodirectory.co.uk, Jun 30, 2005

  2. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Ivor Jones Guest

    dojodirectory.co.uk wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > i just configured my new zyxel wi-fi voip phone.
    >
    > when i try to make a call i get a recorded message in german.
    >
    > however.. i CAN call 0800 numbers...
    >
    > I have £9.32 in my account so it can't be that..
    >
    > weird?

    What does the message say..? I appreciate you probably don't speak German
    but can you give me an idea..? Do you get the same error calling from a
    wired phone..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005

  3. > What does the message say..? I appreciate you probably don't speak German
    > but can you give me an idea..? Do you get the same error calling from a
    > wired phone..?

    Hi Ivor,
    immediately on pressing the green to dial bitton, i get approx 11 fast low
    pitch beeps, followed by 2 higher pitch beeps then a german voice who is
    'breaking up' like on a mobile and all i can make out is.... have listen
    yourself at www.dojodirectory.co.uk/wav.wav
    dojodirectory.co.uk, Jun 30, 2005
  4. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "dojodirectory.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    >> What does the message say..? I appreciate you probably don't speak
    >> German but can you give me an idea..? Do you get the same error calling
    >> from a wired phone..?
    >>

    > Hi Ivor,
    > immediately on pressing the green to dial bitton, i get approx 11 fast
    > low pitch beeps, followed by 2 higher pitch beeps then a german voice
    > who is 'breaking up' like on a mobile and all i can make out is.... have
    > listen yourself at www.dojodirectory.co.uk/wav.wav

    Hmm, I can't make head nor tail of that..! It's certainly nothing I've
    heard before. If you like I'll forward your message and wav file to the
    Sipgate engineers and see if they can come up with anything. Can't promise
    anything but I'll ask.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  5. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:55:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >If you like I'll forward your message and wav file to the
    >Sipgate engineers and see if they can come up with anything. Can't promise
    >anything but I'll ask.

    You may be better forwarding it to TELEWEST engineers Ivor they are
    next to useless but I am sure even they could have sorted out the
    Sipgate voicemail problems long ago .
    , Jul 1, 2005
  6. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Martin² Guest

    The message sounds like an answering message recording saying 'I am not at
    home'.
    Who / what number are you calling ?
    Did you try the test number 10000 ?
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Jul 1, 2005
  7. dojodirectory.co.uk

    Roger Guest

    > hi all,
    >
    > i just configured my new zyxel wi-fi voip phone.
    >
    > when i try to make a call i get a recorded message in german.
    >
    > however.. i CAN call 0800 numbers...
    >
    > I have £9.32 in my account so it can't be that..
    >
    > weird?

    The last bit says - Bitte versuchen sie est noch einmal - i.e. Please try
    again. I get this message sometimes - the first bit says "An error has
    occurred" in german.
    Roger, Jul 1, 2005