Sipgate Problems

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 15, 2006.

  1. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 15, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Graham Guest

    > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
    > dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
    > numbers I've tested are working fine.
    >

    > --

    after seeing a post in this NG the other day I signed up for a free number
    from
    http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/

    Just like Sipgate except no voicemail unless you pay.
    The Manchester number range is the same as Sipgate's 0161-660 XXXX

    What I don't know (yet) is whether they cancel the number if you don't top
    up.

    Anyway its yet another portal on my * box in case Sipgate goes down.

    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Aug 15, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Graham:
    >> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
    >> dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
    >> numbers I've tested are working fine.
    >>

    >> --

    > after seeing a post in this NG the other day I signed up for a free
    > number from
    > http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
    >
    > Just like Sipgate except no voicemail unless you pay.
    > The Manchester number range is the same as Sipgate's 0161-660 XXXX
    >
    > What I don't know (yet) is whether they cancel the number if you
    > don't top up.
    >
    > Anyway its yet another portal on my * box in case Sipgate goes down.

    I have a number with OrbTalk too, and their sister service VoIP Talk,
    both have the same number range as my Sipgate number, trouble is I've
    had Sipgate for quite sometime now and it's my main incoming number,
    that everyone knows, only a few know my other numbers, and I have an
    excellent number with Sipgate, as at the time I was able to choose it,
    my OrbTalk and VoIPTalk numbers aren't great numbers.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 15, 2006