    idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
    been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
    another service excluding vontage?

    Bleh, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Bleh

    TheMgt Guest

    Bleh wrote:

    > I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
    > again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
    > idea whats going on.

    If by 'status screen' you mean
    https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user_interface/start.php then I suspect the
    problem is with your connection as I'm looking at it right now.

    TheMgt, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Bleh

    Bleh Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:56:33 GMT, TheMgt <>
    wrote:

    >Bleh wrote:
    >
    >> I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
    >> again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
    >> idea whats going on.

    >If by 'status screen' you mean
    >https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user_interface/start.php then I suspect the
    >problem is with your connection as I'm looking at it right now.

    Sorry I didn't explain myself. The sipgate website works fine most the
    time and I can login and see my account details as expected. My issue
    is with the amount of outages with the service and how disappointing
    my experience has been thus far. Sipgate has mainly been down for me
    today, it has worked for brief moments. Voipbuster is generally work
    ok but again it has some bad days.

    Bleh, Apr 11, 2006
  4. Bleh

    Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh <>
    wrote:

    >I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
    >again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
    >idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
    >been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
    >another service excluding vontage?

    Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
    Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
    you do not really need .

    , Apr 11, 2006
  5. <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
    >>again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
    >>idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
    >>been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
    >>another service excluding vontage?

    > Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
    > Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
    > you do not really need .

    Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (£4 + vat / month, no
    inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't reliable
    enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000 tray utility,
    great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.
    Martin

    Martin Collett, Apr 13, 2006
  6. Bleh

    Sean Guest

    Martin Collett wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
    >>> again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
    >>> idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
    >>> been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
    >>> another service excluding vontage?

    >> Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
    >> Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
    >> you do not really need .

    > Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (£4 + vat / month, no
    > inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't reliable
    > enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000 tray utility,
    > great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.
    > Martin

    I've found blueface to be most reliable :)

    Sean, Apr 13, 2006
  7. Bleh

    GwG Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message

    >> Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (£4 + vat / month,
    >> no inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't
    >> reliable enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000
    >> tray utility, great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.

    I didn't realise that the £4.00 per month with Gradwell was plus vat
    (£4.70), I had looked at the following link, and no mention of vat
    there.
    http://www.gradwell.com/voip/trial.php
    £4.70 per month now seems even worse when compared to BT, and there is
    no physical line etc. to maintain.

    GwG, Apr 13, 2006