Sipgate Problems

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by GwG, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. GwG

    GwG Guest

    Ivor, if you have any influence with Sipgate, could you please try and
    get them to sort out their problems as quickly as possible. The thought
    of Dexter crowing for the next 5 years about how right he was, is giving
    me nightmares.
    GwG, Feb 24, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. GwG

    Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:23:20 GMT, "GwG"
    <> wrote:

    > The thought
    >of Dexter crowing for the next 5 years about how right he was, is giving
    >me nightmares.

    When Should I start ? :)))) joking apart they are trying to run the
    service on a shoestring and no company big or small and no matter what
    buseness they are in just cannot without the nessassary income provide
    good service 24/7 .
    , Feb 24, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. GwG

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message
    news:sFELf.59857$
    > Ivor, if you have any influence with Sipgate, could you
    > please try and get them to sort out their problems as
    > quickly as possible. The thought of Dexter crowing for
    > the next 5 years about how right he was, is giving me
    > nightmares.


    How do you think I feel..?!

    All I can say is that they are well aware of the problems. If as many
    people as possible who are experiencing problems submit reports to tech
    support it will help, shouting on here is less beneficial, although they
    do read this group.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 24, 2006
    #3
  4. GwG

    Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:12:10 GMT, wrote:

    >joking apart they are trying to run the
    >service on a shoestring and no company big or small and no matter what
    >buseness they are in just cannot without the nessassary income provide
    >good service 24/7 .


    Remind me: how much is Vonage losing each year?
    , Feb 24, 2006
    #4
  5. GwG

    Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:55:09 +0000, wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:12:10 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>joking apart they are trying to run the
    >>service on a shoestring and no company big or small and no matter what
    >>buseness they are in just cannot without the nessassary income provide
    >>good service 24/7 .

    >
    >Remind me: how much is Vonage losing each year?

    I am not at all interested in what any company is loosing providing
    they are providing their customers with the service they stated they
    would provide .If the business is loosing money that is up to the
    shareholders and higher management to sort out , if Vonage are loosing
    money on what they are charging customers then it is God help the
    customers of Sipgate who are being charged nothing providing no
    chargeable calls are made .
    Sipgate WILL go down the pan if they don't be getting their act
    together very quickly , it would seem that the writing is on the wall
    from what I am reading here and elsewhere .
    , Feb 24, 2006
    #5
  6. GwG

    Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:28:29 GMT, wrote:

    >Sipgate WILL go down the pan if they don't be getting their act
    >together very quickly , it would seem that the writing is on the wall
    >from what I am reading here and elsewhere .


    It's a funny thing, but I still thing you are wrong. I don't seem to
    have any problems with Sipgate at all. It just works.

    The fact that they run the operation on the cheap, spend next to
    nothing on advertising and don't have a huge sales and support
    operation in the UK may seem like a drawback to you, but it is an
    advantage to me.

    I mostly use voip.co.uk for outgoing calls, because they are cheaper
    than Sipgate, but the sipgate account gets a good few incoming calls,
    with never a problem.
    , Feb 24, 2006
    #6
  7. GwG

    Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:30:24 +0000, wrote:

    >It's a funny thing, but I still thing you are wrong. I don't seem to
    >have any problems with Sipgate at all. It just works.

    Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who never gets problems with
    Sipgate .
    >The fact that they run the operation on the cheap, spend next to
    >nothing on advertising and don't have a huge sales and support
    >operation in the UK may seem like a drawback to you,

    The main drawbacks for me was the fact that they did not offer a
    single contact number apart from the shaky service and rubbish
    voicemail , if you wanted to contact them you had to piss about
    writing emails .
    >I mostly use voip.co.uk for outgoing calls,

    Well they haven't fully got the seal of approval from me yet even if I
    did buy a second number from them which has knocked my first line
    completely out. If I re boot my Sipura 2000 the line stays alive for
    around ten minutes then dies and if I take the new number out of my
    other Sipura the first number I got stays active permanently, they are
    going to be working on the problem over the weekend. but they do offer
    a geo contact number and Chris at UK Voip is most helpful .
    > because they are cheaper
    >than Sipgate, but the sipgate account gets a good few incoming calls,
    >with never a problem.

    We use the two Freetalk lines for incoming mostly and FT, Voipchep and
    Internet calls for outgoing .
    , Feb 24, 2006
    #7
  8. GwG

    Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:09:50 GMT, wrote:

    >Well they haven't fully got the seal of approval from me yet even if I
    >did buy a second number from them which has knocked my first line
    >completely out. If I re boot my Sipura 2000 the line stays alive for
    >around ten minutes then dies and if I take the new number out of my
    >other Sipura the first number I got stays active permanently, they are
    >going to be working on the problem over the weekend. but they do offer
    >a geo contact number and Chris at UK Voip is most helpful .


    More evidence that the problem is you, not the supplier.

    I have a Sipgate account with one number and two numbers on voip.co.uk
    all working perfectly 24/7 here.

    The voip.co.uk ones are on a PAP2 which similar to a Sipura 2000, so
    it looks like the problem is that your setup is wrong, not Sipgate and
    voip.co.uk.
    , Feb 24, 2006
    #8
  9. GwG

    Nick Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:30:24 +0000, wrote:
    >
    > >It's a funny thing, but I still thing you are wrong. I don't seem to
    > >have any problems with Sipgate at all. It just works.

    > Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who never gets problems with
    > Sipgate .
    > >The fact that they run the operation on the cheap, spend next to
    > >nothing on advertising and don't have a huge sales and support
    > >operation in the UK may seem like a drawback to you,

    > The main drawbacks for me was the fact that they did not offer a
    > single contact number apart from the shaky service and rubbish
    > voicemail , if you wanted to contact them you had to piss about
    > writing emails .
    > >I mostly use voip.co.uk for outgoing calls,

    > Well they haven't fully got the seal of approval from me yet even if I
    > did buy a second number from them which has knocked my first line
    > completely out. If I re boot my Sipura 2000 the line stays alive for
    > around ten minutes then dies and if I take the new number out of my
    > other Sipura the first number I got stays active permanently, they are
    > going to be working on the problem over the weekend. but they do offer
    > a geo contact number and Chris at UK Voip is most helpful .
    > > because they are cheaper
    > >than Sipgate, but the sipgate account gets a good few incoming calls,
    > >with never a problem.

    > We use the two Freetalk lines for incoming mostly and FT, Voipchep and
    > Internet calls for outgoing .


    I can't believe you fell for that one Dexter!
    Nick, Feb 24, 2006
    #9
  10. GwG

    Maverick Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:09:50 GMT, wrote:
    >
    > >Well they haven't fully got the seal of approval from me yet even if I
    > >did buy a second number from them which has knocked my first line
    > >completely out. If I re boot my Sipura 2000 the line stays alive for
    > >around ten minutes then dies and if I take the new number out of my
    > >other Sipura the first number I got stays active permanently, they are
    > >going to be working on the problem over the weekend. but they do offer
    > >a geo contact number and Chris at UK Voip is most helpful .

    >
    > More evidence that the problem is you, not the supplier.
    >
    > I have a Sipgate account with one number and two numbers on voip.co.uk
    > all working perfectly 24/7 here.
    >
    > The voip.co.uk ones are on a PAP2 which similar to a Sipura 2000, so
    > it looks like the problem is that your setup is wrong, not Sipgate and
    > voip.co.uk.
    >


    No probs here on Sipgate (with PAP2) either. Had it since June 2005 too.

    Mav ;-)
    Maverick, Feb 24, 2006
    #10
  11. GwG

    alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:30:24 +0000, wrote:


    >>I mostly use voip.co.uk for outgoing calls,


    > Well they haven't fully got the seal of approval from me yet


    Sounds like the best endorsement I've heard of voip.co.uk yet.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    12:44:15 up 30 days, 17:02, 3 users, load average: 0.05, 0.08, 0.05
    This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK
    alexd, Feb 25, 2006
    #11
  12. GwG

    Joe Harrison Guest

    I too got the "fixed in a couple of weeks" e-mail on my problem about no
    incoming calls so I hope it comes good.

    My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has to
    dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before actually
    getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had got rid of
    those huge NTL phone bills :(

    Joe
    Joe Harrison, Feb 25, 2006
    #12
  13. GwG

    Chris S Guest

    JH> My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has
    JH> to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before
    JH> actually getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had
    JH> got rid of those huge NTL phone bills :(

    hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me £100odd a
    year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much, apparently someone
    tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept getting unobtainable tone!
    Chris S, Feb 27, 2006
    #13
  14. GwG

    Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:26:33 -0000, "Chris S" <> wrote:


    > but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much, apparently someone
    >tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept getting unobtainable tone!
    >

    I don't blaim her I am of the same opinion try Voipfone they are
    good there are salmon in the pond besides the odd water bug .
    , Feb 27, 2006
    #14
  15. "Chris S" <> wrote ...

    > JH> My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has
    > JH> to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before
    > JH> actually getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had
    > JH> got rid of those huge NTL phone bills :(


    > hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me £100odd a
    > year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much, apparently

    someone
    > tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept getting unobtainable tone!


    At the present time Sipgate are complete rubbish and totally unusable. I'm
    slowly erroding the credit I gave them, mainly on p*ssing off who I am
    trying to phone with silent calls that don't connect my side. I tried
    ringing back into my PSTN here as a test, that was 'engaged', so I rang my
    mobile - which rang (but not on the Sipgate phone) and I answered - with no
    actually connection before the Sipgate gave me an 'engaged' tone! Yup, there
    goes another 10p on the Sipgate bill for a 7 second phone call that failed
    :)

    Keith L
    Keith Lawrence, Feb 27, 2006
    #15
  16. GwG

    Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:54:02 -0000, "Keith Lawrence"
    <> wrote:

    >"Chris S" <> wrote ...
    >
    >> JH> My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has
    >> JH> to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before
    >> JH> actually getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had
    >> JH> got rid of those huge NTL phone bills :(

    >
    >> hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me £100odd a
    >> year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much, apparently

    >someone
    >> tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept getting unobtainable tone!

    >
    >At the present time Sipgate are complete rubbish and totally unusable. I'm
    >slowly erroding the credit I gave them, mainly on p*ssing off who I am
    >trying to phone with silent calls that don't connect my side. I tried
    >ringing back into my PSTN here as a test, that was 'engaged', so I rang my
    >mobile - which rang (but not on the Sipgate phone) and I answered - with no
    >actually connection before the Sipgate gave me an 'engaged' tone! Yup, there
    >goes another 10p on the Sipgate bill for a 7 second phone call that failed

    I have been continually saying Sipgate are rubbish for months now
    would anyone take any notice NO they wouldn't so the sipgate lovers
    can now stew in their own juice for all I care. You can bet Ivor will
    still come along and still say "no problems here" even if he hasn't
    even got a dial tone.
    , Feb 27, 2006
    #16
  17. Thus spaketh Keith Lawrence:
    > "Chris S" <> wrote ...
    >
    >>> My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she
    >>> has to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone
    >>> before actually getting through. I really don't want this as I
    >>> thought I had got rid of those huge NTL phone bills :(

    >
    >> hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me
    >> £100odd a year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much,
    >> apparently someone tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept
    >> getting unobtainable tone!

    >
    > At the present time Sipgate are complete rubbish and totally
    > unusable. I'm slowly erroding the credit I gave them, mainly on
    > p*ssing off who I am trying to phone with silent calls that don't
    > connect my side. I tried ringing back into my PSTN here as a test,
    > that was 'engaged', so I rang my mobile - which rang (but not on the
    > Sipgate phone) and I answered - with no actually connection before
    > the Sipgate gave me an 'engaged' tone! Yup, there goes another 10p on
    > the Sipgate bill for a 7 second phone call that failed :)
    >
    > Keith L



    All that you describe sounds simply as you have not configured your system
    properly.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 27, 2006
    #17
  18. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote

    > All that you describe sounds simply as you have not configured
    > your system properly.


    Oh of course, it must be a silly user error! It's a good one though, the
    same SPA works perfectly on the other (non Sipgate) line, if I'm calling in
    or out of the Sipgate line to another VOIP provider then that works
    perfectly. Plus of course it's intermittent, it magically fixes and breaks
    itself all on it's own - I can't even get a Sipgate call to route to my
    mobile all of a sudden.

    But if course it must be a user error, it cannot possibly be anything to do
    with the Sipgate <=> PSTN gateway can it :)

    K
    Keith Lawrence, Feb 27, 2006
    #18
  19. GwG

    DJ Guest

    In message <6rCMf.27312$>,
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> writes
    >Thus spaketh Keith Lawrence:
    >> "Chris S" <> wrote ...
    >>
    >>>> My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she
    >>>> has to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone
    >>>> before actually getting through. I really don't want this as I
    >>>> thought I had got rid of those huge NTL phone bills :(

    >>
    >>> hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me
    >>> £100odd a year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much,
    >>> apparently someone tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept
    >>> getting unobtainable tone!

    >>
    >> At the present time Sipgate are complete rubbish and totally
    >> unusable. I'm slowly erroding the credit I gave them, mainly on
    >> p*ssing off who I am trying to phone with silent calls that don't
    >> connect my side. I tried ringing back into my PSTN here as a test,
    >> that was 'engaged', so I rang my mobile - which rang (but not on the
    >> Sipgate phone) and I answered - with no actually connection before
    >> the Sipgate gave me an 'engaged' tone! Yup, there goes another 10p on
    >> the Sipgate bill for a 7 second phone call that failed :)
    >>
    >> Keith L

    >
    >
    >All that you describe sounds simply as you have not configured your system
    >properly.
    >
    >


    It is not a configuration problem, IT IS A SIPGATE PROBLEM !!!!
    I have an asterisk server here and several outgoing/incoming SIP
    accounts, they all work flawlessly apart from SIPGATE.
    I have the same problem with Sipgate as Keith describes.
    It seems to be that they have not got the capacity on their server for
    all the traffic, some calls fail, some calls partly fail (one-way), some
    work.
    They are supposed to be addressing the problem in the next 2 weeks.
    I won't hold my breath.


    --
    DJ
    DJ, Feb 27, 2006
    #19
  20. GwG

    Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:42:11 -0000, "Keith Lawrence"
    <> wrote:


    >Oh of course, it must be a silly user error!

    Of course it is a silly user error Sipgate can never be at fault,
    Ivor will confirm this Keith .
    , Feb 27, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. David Floyd

    Problems at Sipgate AGAIN!!

    David Floyd, May 11, 2005, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,389
  2. Stuart Millington

    Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number

    Stuart Millington, Jun 10, 2005, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,957
  3. Joel

    Sipgate: Problems calling in?

    Joel, Jun 13, 2005, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    4,105
    ollieonline
    Mar 30, 2007
  4. Stephen Peterson

    Sipgate and Netgear TA612V problems

    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    926
    Stephen Peterson
    Sep 15, 2005
  5. Bleh

    Sipgate problems

    Bleh, Apr 11, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    780
Loading...

Share This Page